HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 25. July 2014 03:44 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 02:41
I know the Aviators have a head coach, but that's for the whole team. Daniela seems to be doing all right for herself the last couple of weeks. How's about she goes without a coach for awhile? :?:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. August 2014 15:35 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 07:41
A Fan’s Guide to Tennis Players and Food

By Blair Henley | Saturday, August 23, 2014

The annual Taste of Tennis event in New York City combines the best on the court with the best in cuisine for a star-studded evening of food and fun. We caught up with several players on the green carpet to ask about culinary likes, dislikes, diets, cravings and more!

Do you cook?
Daniela Hantuchova: I do cook. I love it. It’s good therapy. I love to cook Slavic things, and I love baking, too, because I have a sweet tooth.

Agnieszka Radwanska has her partnership with The Cheesecake Factory. What restaurant would be most likely to partner with you?
Daniela Hantuchova: Nobu!

Just Daniela's answers. Full article @ ’s-Guide-to-Tennis-Players-and-Food.aspx

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2014 21:19 

Local Time:
Hantuchova already does not work with coach Peter Lundgren

NEW YORK. Cooperation Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova with the Swedish coach Peter Lundgren is after nearly half of the past.

"We finished after Wimbledon. Throughout the summer, I like that," said 31-year-old Poprad native to the question SITA in a conference call with the Slovak media after Monday's victory 4: 6, 6 2, 6 3 over Switzerland, Romina Oprandiovou in 1 . round U.S. Open .

The former fiver the rankings Hantuchova in New York City with a sparring partner Filip Havaj and physiotherapist Michal Novotný.

Hantuchova through Facebook announced the establishment of cooperation with Lundgren early March. Previously it led Spaniard Ricardo Sanchez.

Štyridsaťdeväťročný osemfinalista Wimbledon 1989 Lundgren in the past helped Marcelo Rios, Roger Federer, Marat Safin, Marcos Baghdatis, Grigor Dimitrov and Stan Wawrinka.

@ google translate.

Havaj has been a hitting partner at the Fed Cup in the past.

Novotny's worked as an ATP tpysiotherapist.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 15. October 2014 03:38 

Local Time:
Maximalist

27 06 2014

Present a more detailed one of the most successful Slovak sportswomen in history - world class tennis player, winner of the Fed Cup and Hopman Cup with a team of Slovakia, a several tennis player of the year in Slovakia and longstanding Slovak Daniela Hantuchova Representative - would be about useless. It is a known figure around the world. All the better you mediate in the following interview her personal views and opinions on things that are in Slovakia so do not know ...

Are you a native of Poprad, you lived in Bratislava, you reside in Monaco, the family castle in Hungary. Where you feel at home?
- Slovakia is and has always been the place where I will prefer to return. It's my hometown, I have my roots, family. I admit, however, that my heart is a matter of Italy.

What?
- People - how they live, how they are able to enjoy your life, to enjoy it. I like its history, its incredible landscapes. Me most, however - as I said - it fascinate the people themselves.

Remember Italy. Which part you grew to love the most?
- Rome.

You are in professional tennis for 15 years, you have achieved many successes and many have before him. But me wondering what is what keeps you motivated and driven to continue to play tennis.
- As a professional tennis player I in their activities also help other people. And it also motivates me because I know that the more I was writing, the more I reach out to people and then helping those people who need it. Tennis gave me an awful lot in life, and also because for me and very much. That's why I feel towards him and do what I do, a great responsibility. Using tennis is also trying to encourage young people in their efforts to achieve something. Because when we go for their dreams and put everything into it, then the result is always arise.

You're young and you have reached a number of significant sporting success. Even so I am wondering if you still have some sporting goals.
- Of course. Every day to improve, to give the maximum. A This is not only sport. This also applies to my other personal activities - whether it is a charity photo shoot or anything else in your life - whether in sports or personal - I do. I just want to have things for which I decide the meaning and that I mean the people around them makes them happy.

Tennis has given you a lot, but you probably also took something ...
- Many people who make professional sport, and I would tell you that they did not childhood as other children, lacked this or that. I think that this attitude is wrong. Because if a person goes beyond the targets and voluntarily sacrifices do certain things well. And if he can achieve his dreams, in which case the victim was meaningless justified.

Can you even today, after so many years in senior, professional sports,, carousel "tennis even entertain or it is more or less your,, job"?
- Certainly for me it's primarily entertainment, because if not, I would have not played tennis. In life I have achieved many things and believe me, if I did, what I do, should do just as work for money - without joy and sense of fulfillment, so do not do it long ago.

Do you Talo prepared something you want, resp. You will pay in the future at a time when tennis racket hung up?
- So those things are very much .. :)

So we have not learned much ...
- In the first place, started a family and I lead a normal life.

It sounds as if you already ticking biological clock ... :)
- I assure you, it's me not at all safe. Just marry anywhere, I do not need to rush things. I believe that everything is as it should be and still not come to found a family right time. This does not mean that it leaks. Quite the contrary. However, it is only a few personalities in women's tennis, which is able to return to the courts after they had the kids. I currently still play tennis because I enjoy and fills, and when it ends, their turn other things.

For example - a normal family life ...
- Even the well activity - often action, which as an active player of the match can not pay - surfing, skiing and snowboarding.

Obviously you agree with me that with the success and popularity come hand in hand envy and some negatives. How is it in your case? Perceive them to a greater extent at home - in Slovakia or abroad?
- In Slovakia. Actually, more or less just there ...

What according to you?
- I confess to you that I do not know. They say that home is not one never a prophet ... When I was younger, I did not understand why when I come to Japan, USA or any other country, people will keep their fingers crossed encourage you, wish you success. Here at home it was not. I finally figured out that life is not to please everyone completely, you can not expect that you will all love. That's why you can not take any responses to heart, but when you do anything in life, you have to do the maximum. What the victims, but often your critics do not see and do not know. You know it's just you and the closest people around you.

We can say that you have a bed of roses more abroad than here at home?
- Clearly. As mentioned earlier - it can be also caused by envy, or by us, as soon as someone starts to do well when started as a little stand out with their performance over the other, so instead of encouraging a desire to get the man to,, normal ". To the average. Simply it's such a Slovak mentality ..

Each of us has its own strengths and weaknesses. What are yours?
- My strength is no doubt that when something upon myself, I am to achieve your objective willing to do everything. Likewise if someone I love - always give respect to the maximum, all his heart. That's why people around me know what love means to me and what is important to me. Of those negative mention stubbornness. This goes hand in hand with purposefulness. While I realize that I would ever have let up a little bit ...

You are a respected personality. Real, not such, for what the country find so. rapidly fermented television and tabloid celebrity. What is the recipe and instructions to make a person become a brand, star and personality than you?
- So I'm glad you did not include me among Slovak celebrity. And what is the hidden mystery of how it happened? You must have a profess in your life right values​​.

That sounds nice, but what they are - the right values?
- Firstly, it is necessary to always stand - under any circumstances - feet firmly on the ground. Because short-term success in sports does not mean that much. More importantly, to you people appreciate and remember later when you are no longer on top. So that you remembered not only due to momentary short-term results, and thanks to your photos, but thanks to how you act and how you act not only on the court but also outside it. This, as you are and how people perceive you - it will remain for life. Even my sports career will end one day and when people will even remember what I was and am a man, it is more important to me than any short-term achievements in sports. While not denying that even the most able comfortably to please.

The figures include premium and premium brands. As for the cars, you have come to our meeting with the newest class S. What you approached?
- Firstly, its quality, its peculiar, unreal style. Mercedes themselves are top class in its segment and also for "esky" demonstrated how a car can maintain its high level and yet have the pizzazz. And that is what really caught only this car, but also me. At the same time suits me the maximum possible security. I see the car as part of his presentation not only people, but also of life. That's why you always choose a vehicle in which when people see me, so I subconsciously say that the car belongs to me.

Speaking of cars, you're a good lotion?
- I think so. Although I would not talk about like how every athlete, I can not ride slowly. Driving a car is always perfect for me to relax. Do you know me at tournaments around the world for ride in cars drivers, so as soon as possible, as soon as I drive my car. And believe me, it also properly using, because for me it is a form of mental rest.

You came to Slovakia also to have filmed a clip promoting the product from which the sale of part of the funds will go to the charity. Which in this context means charity in your perception?
- I do not like when they begin to deal with charitable people just to get to the TV screen to be visible, and thus they do not have, so to them it is a last resort and have a good charity. Such purposeful and insincere way of charity usually does not last long, nor future. When I was eight years ago decided, along with my brother in Monte Carlo to establish a Foundation Daniela foundation, it was conditional recognition of the fact that the time has come to share what I managed to tennis and life to get a fight. I realized my responsibility and I wanted to give something back to life. And that's the difference - I did not have but wanted. Also thanks to this we started helping a hospital in Cambodia and concrete assistance we are also underway in Slovakia. And though all who need it, nezavďačím, I try to help as it just goes and how it's possible. Even though there are only about to know and does not write ...

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2014 16:46 

Local Time:
Thanks for the interview, DANIandDELmania.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2014 20:25 

Local Time:
Luxembourg interview:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. November 2014 09:40 

Local Time:
Carlos Rodriguez, the former coach of Justine Henin leads Daniela Hantuchova in Beijing
Yves Simon
Published Thursday, November 20, 2014 to 8:17

Five months after officially no longer the coach of China's Li Na, world number two then, to return to his starting job at the Academy of Beijing, Carlos Rodriguez is back in action!

The info came to us directly from the famous Tennis Center "Potter's Wheel" in the suburbs of Beijing, where the Belgo-Argentina now leads the lovely Daniela Hantuchova.

But Carlos does not really resumed his life as a coach, as he explains. " I will not follow Daniela on the circuit, but I will ensure the preparation of his 2015 season with a four-week course here in Beijing and also ten days of training just before Christmas in Dubai. After she'll manage, though I can always advise from Beijing. But not on the circuit since I have to manage the academy here ," said the former coach we Justine Henin and Li Na.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. November 2014 01:50 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 08:41
BOLLOCKS! Would have loved to have seen Carlos on the circuit with Daniela...:( at least he his helping her for a month or so...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. December 2014 17:21 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova has new coach, it will De Jager

Today | 12:45 BRATISLAVA - South African John-Laffnie De Jager became the new coach of Slovakian tennis player Daniela Hantuchova.

The information brought web Netwerk, a reference to the article appeared on twitterovom account itself Davis Cup captain representation JAR, coach Springfield Lasers in an overseas professional league clubs WTT and UAE Royals in the recent Asian medzisezónnej similarly conceived competition mixed multinational teams IPTL.

Štyridsaťjedenročný native of Johannesburg De Jager is 11 men by former world ranking in doubles, which accumulated in the years 1992-2000 seven titles at major professional circuit. He played in three Grand Slam semifinal Deblov, the mix was the Majors in the final of Roland Garros 1995 French Open 1997th

Hantuchova in November before their performances in the said IPTL prepared in Beijing led by Argentinian Carlos Rodriguez. The former coach of Belgium girl Justine Henin and Chinese women Li but even then the web La Province found that not having to travel a Slovak considering its agenda in China.

Poprad native-years old Hantuchova holidays from March to cooperate with Swede Peter Lundgren ended after Wimbledon. Previously, it has led Spaniard Ricardo Sánchez.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. December 2014 14:33 

Local Time:
Tennis Warehouse
‏@tenniswarehouse
We're giving out a @dhantuchova signed @Prince_Tennis racquet! LIKE us on FB for details. #12DaysofGiveaways #tennis

@ Tennis Warehouse twitter

Tennis Warehouse
12 hours ago
We're giving away this Daniela Hantuchová signed Prince Tennis racquet today!

If you want it, LIKE, COMMENT and SHARE this post!

Find out if you won Day 2 by following us on Twitter @tenniswarehouse

@ Tennis Warehouse facebook

Good luck! #12DaysofGiveaways

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2015 18:38 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova could be dark horse to win ASB Classic in Auckland
SARAH HARVEY
Last updated 05:00, January 3 2015

After 14 years in the top 100 women's tennis players you could forgive Daniela Hantuchova for feeling a little fatigued.

Fourteen years on tour, away from home in Monte Carlo and competing in some of the most ruthless tournaments on earth.

But the Slovakian tennis player, known for her exploits off the court as well as on, breezed into the Stanley St tennis courts in Auckland this week and spoke confidently of her chances at this, her second showing at the ASB Classic.

Hantuchova is one of a stellar line up in New Zealand for this year's tournament that includes top 30 women's tennis players in Caroline Wozniacki and Sara Errani and the likes of US stars Sloane Stephens and Venus Williams.

Two-time Grand Slam champion and former world No 2 Svetlana Kuznetsova (ranked at 27 in the world) is another big drawcard and will provide stern competition for the likes of Wozniacki, Errani and Williams.

But Hantuchova, ranked at 64 in the world, should not be dismissed as an easy beat. She has been one of the most successful players on the WTA Tour over the past decade

She launched her career by beating Martina Hingis in the 2002 Indian Wells final. From there she has gone on to record almost $10 million in prize money and capture six WTA career titles.

2014 saw her reach the third round at the Australian Open and Roland Garros, the quarterfinals in Charleston and the semifinal in Marrakesh.

She also remains one of the most recognisable faces on the women's circuit due to her previous work with Sports Illustrated and relationship with golfer Sergio Garcia.

Hantuchova arrived in Auckland on Sunday and was surprised at the upgrade at the Stanley St courts since her last appearance in 2006.

"It's been a while. I am nicely surprised with all the facilities. It has changed big time. It is great to be back and hopefully I can prepare the best way I can."

Hantuchova has recently changed coaches linking with Carlos Rodriquez who has coached the likes of Li Na and said she wanted 2015 to be a better year.

"I wanted to start the year in a different way and I thought Auckland would be a great way to kick off the season."

Hantuchova struggled with an injury to her right knee at the end of the last season but said retirement was far from her mind.

"I am really enjoying the game still and I am injury free at the moment. I am looking forward to the new year. I will just give my best every day and see what happens."

"Auckland is great preparation. Hopefully, I can get in as many matches as possible, try to give my best. These days everybody comes well prepared and ready to go from the first tournament.

"The girls are taking it all very seriously. It is not, anymore, about warm ups and stuff."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2015 13:45 

Local Time:
Off-season training pays off for Daniela Hantuchova as she dismisses second seed

Jan 5, 2015

Daniela Hantuchova has advanced to the second round after defeating second seed Sara Errani. Hantuchova credits the success to tough pre-season training.

"Always after the pre-season you can’t wait to be on court to see where your game is, and I was nicely surprised by myself today. I was just really looking forward to being on the court and starting the new year on a good note. It seemed like everything worked out pretty well today.

How much work have you been doing in the off-season?

"A lot. I was in China for three weeks, because I started to work with Carlos Rodriguez, and we had the IPTL after that which was a lot of travelling but so much fun, then again in Dubai, so it’s been a lot of work."

You had quite a tough run at the end of last year. Does that make it more enjoyable to have a good win like this today?

"Yeah definitely, it was actually good in a way that the injury forced me to stop the year a little bit earlier, so I actually had a bit more time to recover. When I started to work physically, I was really fresh and ready…Carlos is an amazing coach, I’ve been on the tour for 15 years and I’ve never seen anything like it."

What in particular were you pleased about with your game today?

"I think just the overall intensity. Sara is obviously a great fighter and a great player. For a first round to have a draw like that is not easy, so I knew I had to be extremely focused for every single point because she’s very good at turning matches around. I felt that I was moving well, and just really technically playing the way we worked on with Carlos."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2015 14:44 

Local Time:
Wildcard Hantuchova embracing new challenges
11 January 2015 By Michael Beattie

Daniela Hantuchova visited Salamanca Markets on her first trip to Hobart. Picture: Michael Beattie
The New Year is not quite two weeks old and Daniela Hantuchova has already racked up a couple of firsts.

In Auckland the former world No.5 had a go at SUP yoga – striking poses on a surfboard out on the water, for the uninitiated – and although she admitted to falling into the lake once, she was instantly hooked.

“It was so much fun,” she said. “I’ve always wanted to do it but I never had the time – I didn’t want to leave!

“At first I wasn’t sure if I would be able to stand up on the thing and there we are, doing yoga poses. It’s actually a good workout, especially for your core.”

And now for another first – a debut appearance at the Hobart International. Hantuchova accepted a wildcard to join a competitive field featuring Casey Dellacqua, Sloane Stephens and Heather Watson in the build-up to the Australian Open, and has enjoyed her first few days in Tasmania.

“It’s nice to come to a place that I’ve never been before, even after 15 years on the tour,” said the 31-year-old during a tour of the Salamanca Markets in downtown Hobart.

Hantuchova is becoming accustomed to new experiences in recent weeks. Last month she announced that Carlos Rodriguez, the former coach of Justine Henin and Li Na, would be in her corner in 2015, a partnership she describes as an honour.

“Out of all the coaches I’ve had in the past 20 years, he’s the most impressive,” Hantuchova admitted. “It’s been very exciting – after 15 years on the tour I’m listening to new things, every day trying to improve and learn. It is pretty impressive.”

Rodriguez has laid out his plan for propelling the world No.62 back inside the top 50. While the Slovakian is a willing student the lessons have been pretty tough, but Hantuchova believes she is already reaping the benefits.

“We did change a few things technically, which is not easy for me at this age,” she joked. “Obviously he wants me to come in more, which we worked very hard at.

“It’s probably the best pre-season I’ve ever done, which is quite nice to have that feeling after so many years, and I had a great win against Errani [at the ASB Classic] last week. I just can’t wait for the first Grand Slam to start and we’ll see where my game is.”

With players looking to find their rhythm as soon as possible in the early stages of the season, Hantuchova know that her experience could prove vital. Learning to play without thinking is the key, says the Slovakian.

“Once I’m in the matches, it’s about trying to think how I can win instead of thinking too much about technique and things that I’ve worked on in the pre-season,” she explained. “That’s the tricky part, trying to stop thinking and focus on the result.”

Matches certainly help, especially with the year’s first Grand Slam a week away. Should she see off qualifier Richel Hogenkamp in the first round, Hantuchova’s Hobart draw could set up a potential second-round tie with No.2 seed Zarina Diyas – just the type of test she’ll be hoping for before heading to Melbourne.

“That would be great, but I just take it one match at a time,” she insisted. “Having done this for so many years I know exactly what to expect, what to do.

“The main thing is to try to give my best in training as well as the matches now, because it’s all about the preparation for the big tournaments.”

Still, another first – a title on Australian soil – must rank as the best preparation she could ask for.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. January 2015 00:57 

Local Time:
This guy like 17 years: After Hantuchova side is a new man
January 16, 2015, 11:00 0

Daniela Hantuchova (32) has started its 17th season, the tennis professional. Only recently experienced its most beautiful moments Slovak career and finally she managed to get a man, after which for many years was longing.

In the opening match grade alternated Hantuchova better moments with those weaker. On Thursday the tournament in Sydney succumbed Zarine Diyasovej from Kazakhstan 5: 7, 1: 6th

"Quite windy and the rain had to struggle to translate, but we both have the same conditions. Aug played unbelievable tennis, but it was balanced, I had chances in both sets. I just could not use them," summed up her speech to plus one day.

Before the season came in Daniela's team changed. Under new coach Carlos Rodriguez involved, which in the past led the Grand Slam winners Justine Henin and Na Li.

"It's the coach, which I respect most in the whole circuit. We know each other for about 17 years. I think that women's tennis is not more skilled," passed him a compliment.

As Rodriguez's duties in his academy in China, while it is in tournaments accompanied by his assistant. "In my game, made a lot of changes and I need some time to make it reflected in the villages, because after so many years is not easy," suggested 32-year-old tennis player.

The inspiration it was also a year older than Roger Federer, who last year experienced sports revival. "The challenge for me to look for ways to get better. You can see it on Roger and Rafa to (continue to). Although the best in the world, always find something that can be improved. "

In late November and December, completed the first year of an exhibition tournament named International Tennis Premier League in the company of the greatest tennis stars.

"It was something incredible, certainly the most beautiful experience of my career. We felt like kids at school countryside, where there was an amazing atmosphere," descriptive.

A most beautiful moment? "Probably in India. They played there Pete Sampras and Federer. I could not believe that I am in the company of so many legends!"

Author: Plus Jeden Den/ Tomas TANČIBOK

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2015 20:59 

Local Time:
Hantuchova Age means nothing and 60th place is not a tragedy
Published yesterday by Andrej Bucko, Melbourne

Daniela Hantuchova praises assistance from the famous Carlos Rodriguez and looks forward to a better season.

Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova won the 29th match at Australian Open in his 16th start. Chinese woman defeated Čengovú 6: 4, 6: 4.

At the outset of the tournament must be satisfied, while the second had a little tension ...
Grand Slam beginnings are always so. I am very glad that I made it in straight sets in the first I actually brought excellent performance. In the second we pulled, but decided my experience. I was more aggressive, endured long exchange, and I appreciate that after each one I shot a winning ace or a nice punch. This is a promising start. Reflected on the honest hard training.

Verily, they gave you a break from October, pobolievalo you right knee and started your collaboration with Carlos Rodriguez. It's a concept practiced only top players, Henin and Na Li. How did you get to him?
I spoke to him in November and I spent three and a half weeks in China, where the contractual obligations of a tennis academy in Beijing. It was worth it. I appreciate that you found time for me and that I believe. It is the largest coaching female tennis celebrity in the world. I learned a lot of incredible new things that I long for 15 years in tennis or nechyrovala.

A 31 years is nothing, because at this age just Li reached the best results and has played the most beautiful tennis.
Indeed, that is why I contacted Carlos. What could the

@ google translate

Unfortunately the rest of the interview is behind a paywall so that's all that was available for free.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 75  Next