HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 5. June 2013 15:48 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 04:58
That'll be the show Daniela taped the Friday before Strasbourg.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. June 2013 20:38 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 05:58
That'll be the show Daniela taped the Friday before Strasbourg.

And we've been treated to lots of wins since then....ahem! :twisted:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. June 2013 23:01 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 23:58
Well, I'd love to be treated to the show! I'm sure, however, that it will never be available in English in America. And I can't help myself....I see of lot of Serena on TV. Really has had a killer effect on her game and her career! ;)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. June 2013 16:24 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova Serves Up Style Ahead of Ladies’ Day

Stylish tennis star Daniela Hantuchova swapped her racket for the runway at Birmingham’s Harvey Nichols store as she showcased a range of glamorous outfits ahead of Thursday’s (13 June) Aegon Classic Ladies’ Day.

Modelling three stunning dresses by Hervé Léger, Parker and British designer Vivienne Westwood, Hantuchova set the bar high for Birmingham fashionistas to match Ladies’ Day.

Ladies’ Day at the Aegon Classic will bring world-class style and sport together in the perfect match. What better way to enjoy a day at the tennis with friends than mixing pampering at the Beauty SOS Tent, a glass of Champagne at the Moet Bar or browsing through the clothes, jewellery and accessories on offer?

Harvey Nichols will be running a best dressed competition on the day, judged by Liberty X star and Ladies’ Day ambassador Michelle Heaton, where the winning outfit will pick up a luxury personal shopping package plus a day out at The Championships, Wimbledon for the Ladies’ Final.
Ladies’ Day tickets are priced at £27 with £2 from every full price ticket will go to Ladies’ Day charity, Ladies Fighting Breast Cancer.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. June 2013 20:41 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova: How to play mixed doubles

The Tennis Space

Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Tips from Daniela Hantuchova, who has a career grand slam in mixed doubles titles, on ‘How to succeed on the mixed doubles court’. Hantuchova is playing at this week’s Aegon Classic at the Edgbaston Priory Club.
-
Don’t take it too seriously – the more fun you have on court, the more chance you have of winning matches.
“I think the reason I’ve had some success in mixed doubles is that I haven’t cared at all whether I’ve won or lost. It can be stressful playing singles, as that’s the competition that I really care about and want to do well in, but then when I’m playing mixed doubles it doesn’t matter so much, and that means I’m going to be more relaxed. That’s when I play well.”
-
So it’s key to choose a doubles partner that you get on with.
“If you feel relaxed on the court with them, you will have more success.”
-
It’s important to me that my doubles partner doesn’t smash the ball as hard as he can at the girl. “I know what that’s like, and it’s not nice. So I don’t like it if a partner hits the ball hard at the girl. In fact, there have been a couple of times in my career that I’ve got pretty pissed when my partner has done that. I don’t want to play with someone who thinks that’s a good way of playing. Mixed doubles is meant to be fun.”

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. June 2013 20:58 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 05:58
Classy talk from Daniela, but she's WAY too nice!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 00:02 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova talks to Sky Sports Raz Mirza about her future goals
By Razwan Mirza - Tweet me: @RazMirza. Last Updated: June 17, 2013 4:21pm

Daniela Hantuchova may be approaching the twilight of her career, but the 30-year-old has not given up hope of breaking back into the world's top 10 and winning Wimbledon.

The Slovakian experienced a stress fracture in her foot which kept her out of action towards the end of last year and could easily have ended her career.

Her confidence was at a low ebb and during her recovery she dropped down to 60th in the world rankings. It was the first time in 12 years that she had dropped outside the top 40.

In her first tournament back from injury she managed to reach the quarter-finals in Brisbane, but things didn't go according to plan at the grand slams where she exited the Australian Open and French That was then and this is now. Hantuchova is back on her favourite grass-court surface where she has worked hard at Stoke Park in Buckinghamshire to get back into tip-top shape.

Last week she proved all her doubters wrong when she beat Croat teenager Donna Vekic to claim her sixth career title - and her first since February last year - at the AEGON Classic in Edgbaston, which helped her move up to 48th in the latest rankings.

After spending fully 14 hours on court during a week in which she had suffered from an ankle injury, it was testament to her steely character and determination to come away with the title.

And with Wimbledon now fast approaching, former world No 5 Hantuchova has proven to be a model of consistency on and off the court.
Open at the first-round stage.

"My main aim is getting back into the top 10," she said. "That's where I've been before and I know what it takes to get back there again. I need to produce a lot of hard work and dedication but I'm prepared to do whatever it takes. I've been playing on the tour for 14 years and I've only had two stress fractures, but other than that I've never taken a longer break than three months. It obviously takes time but the good thing now is that I don't have anything to defend, so I can just go and play my game."

Favourite surface

Hantuchova, who has won mixed-doubles titles at all four grand slams, believes she is playing well enough to be a top 10 player again and is now ready to make an impact at Wimbledon.

"I think so," she said. "I definitely felt like I always had the game, but it's just about putting it all together and if I didn't believe that then I would not be playing so I want to get back there. I do (love the grass). It's my favourite time of the year. I love being in England because people have always been so nice with me and it's my favourite surface so I always look forward to it."

Hantuchova has many happy memories growing up in Slovakia with her older brother, Igor, who is now an architect in Bratislava. She was born in northern Slovakia in a small town called Poprad in the Tatras mountains.

"I was born in Poprad, but actually I was brought up in Bratislava," said Hantuchova. "My parents just worked there at the time. I was recently talking about the fact that we were all just born in Poprad - my brother and also my cousins too. But we spent our childhood in Bratislava from which I have so many beautiful memories and sharing everything with my brother who has been the biggest idol in my life and I'm just very thankful for every single moment in my childhood."

Busy childhood

Hantuchova's life was busy as a child with dad Igor, a computer scientist, and mother Marianna, a toxicologist, sending her to train as a classical pianist as an after school activity.

"Yes, that's true," Hantuchova said with a big smile. "I went to the musical school for eight years, so I was always a busy girl going to school and then running to practice to play the piano then doing a workout. I don't remember having five minutes to myself."

Hantuchova is also known to be a perfectionist at everything she does in life, although she has since found out that she was aiming for something that never truly existed.

"I used to be (a perfectionist) but I've learned over the years that it doesn't exist at the end of the day. It's great to strive for it and try to be perfect in many ways but at the end of the day you have to accept that it's never going to be like that and as long as you're giving your best, then that's fine."

Tour stalwart Hantuchova also seems to have the upper hand over young British hope Laura Robson after defeating her for the third time in as many meetings in Birmingham. However, she believes the world No 37 has bright future ahead of her and needs to carry on working hard in order to achieve her goals.

"There are some players where you feel just more comfortable playing against than others, but it's always been tough playing against her. She's a great player and she's got a great future ahead of her, but I'm just always focused on my game."

Hantuchova appeared in the 2009 Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition, but when her career does come to an end, she is already planning on bringing out her own clothing range.

"I do a bit of modelling which is just something to make things interesting. But there are many other things I would love to explore and try and see how good I am at doing it. I've always been very interested in fashion so you know designing my own line one day would be awesome."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 00:55 

Local Time:
Thanks for the interview, DANIandDELmania.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 23:15 

Local Time:
Kukal: winning Hantuchova is improved movement
Published ago
After the triumph in Birmingham waiting Kukal that our tennis player with good raffling continues into Wimbledon.

BRATISLAVA. Daniela Hantuchova won last week in Birmingham her sixth WTA tournament. First on the grass, and as the first thirty years.

"It did not surprise me," said Hantuchova triumph of the former Czechoslovakia, the Davis Cup team and the success coach Jan Kukal (pictured). Collaborated with Ivan Lendl and Hana Mandlíkovou.

"The Daniele see that tennis has ever board. A warrior on the court, the younger toys can be an example of a professional approach. In the game you can discern improvement. If healthy, then your best tennis is still ahead. About that, I believe. "

Somewhere went wrong
In 2002 Kukal led Jiri Novak and Indian Wells in the stands watching the women's final Hantuchova - Hingis. Slovak tennis player was 18 years old Swiss defeated favorite of 6:3, 6:4.

"Then I said that Daniela is a future Grand Slam tournament winner," he recalled. "She had an extraordinary talent, amazing feel for the ball. She came from a tennis family. Helena belonged to her grandmother in Czechoslovakia among the best women players in doubles. She learned her alphabet tennis. "

In January 2003, Hantuchova reached the fifth place ranking. But then came the fall. Other firsts achieved through tournament in Indian Wells, 2007. Best Grand Slam result attributed to a process for the semi-final Australian Open 2008.

"Somewhere went wrong," mused 70-year-old tennis expert. "She had several foreign coaches. For me, playing in the season too many tournaments and wasted a lot of štvorhier. At that time it was rather given to athletic training. In order to improve movement. He was given its level of weakness. "

The right direction
Hantuchova enthused Kukal performances in Birmingham, highlighted in particular the quarterfinal duel with an Italian Schiavone. After losing the first set turned in the second act score of 1-4, in the third of 0:3 and 0:3 for the state successfully managed the final tie-break.

"Spain coach Eduardo Nicolas personally do not know, but we see that Daniela in the right direction," said a native of easy living in Boldog at Senci. "Most can improve movement, and it credited its stress-relieving American trainer Tiffany Nesfieldovej who regularly travels with her to tournaments."

Kukal waited in Birmingham Slovak finals, however the young Croat Vekičová in the final battle trojsetovej disposed Magdalene Rybáriková. The results taken as a great encouragement to our tenistiek before Wimbledon .

Can overcome Nagyová
Hantuchova in the new WTA ranking improved from 60th Places of twelve cities.

"Daniela needs higher rankings and that could be deployed in a tournament between toys. Can once again be in the top twenty," said the captain first representation of Slovakia in the Fed Cup in the era of independence.

"But more emphasis on the rankings as I lay on the results of the big four tournaments. For Grandslam is key, all other tournaments for players are well paid training. "

Grass is the most popular Hantuchova surface suits her game. It has good color, plays fast, aggressive tennis and manage the transition to network and finish.

"If you receive during the draw defending champion Serena Williams, who is playing in his league women's tennis may Daniela at Wimbledon every other grueling climb," predicted Kukal.

Hantuchova played professionally since 1999 season, the tennis carousel is fourteen.

"Once healthy, can still play two, three season and add another tournament winnings. It has to make a career once finished with double-digit capacity ~ the firsts."

Most titles of Slovak tenistiek has now former Kukalova Zverenkyňa Henrieta Nagyová - nine.

⋌ Ondrej Gajdos © SME

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2013 21:08 

Local Time:
Hantuchova loves the grass and enjoying the strawberries
das | 23.06.2013 10:00
It's been fourteen years, what Daniela Hantuchova first starred in the famous Wimbledon. She had only eighteen when the Leos Friedl enjoyed the title in mixed doubles, and a year later advanced to finals singles. Knocked her up later champion Serena Williams. Since then returned to Wimbledon year after year, or one year nevymeškala from season 2000. London grass grown very fond of her.

"They are good memories, but that I do not want to live. I believe that the grass will have to show that even after years. Winning the tournament in Birmingham I am very encouraged. It is good that I belong to the generation of tennis, which still has a lot to offer," Hantuchova said to triumph over the pre-tournament.

After less slick clay court season and the decline in the ranking of the 30-year-old experienced tennis player did taste the grass right at the first event. In Birmingham triumphed in the final generations of Croatians Donna Vekičovou who is 14 years younger. And it still had ankle problems.

"I appreciate that I have exceeded the Finals after grueling physical sense. And that's saying something," she laughed into the phone.

Hantuchova in the past often stressed that loves tennis but grass loves the game and especially in England. Why?

"I play tennis, which is effective on a fast grass. Wimbledon Britons and I am delighted. All those traditions, nice people, nice atmosphere. Looking forward to the traditional strawberries and enjoy the rain breaks. Hopefully, that will break in play as little as possible," said Hantuchova before his fourteenth Wimbledon's start.

She added that it also has fond memories of the past year, when the London grass in addition to the All England Club Wimbledon played the Olympic tournament. "I beat the Chinese woman Li and enjoyed every minute there. Was in fact a lot of emotion."

Also, due to injuries Hantuchova she was recently up to 60 ranked tennis rankings. Outside the best Štyridsiatku former world number five fell the first time in 9 years. After the triumph at Birmingham is currently forty-eighth and wants to continue to rise. If you will be healthy.

"I would like to once again become the world's best female player scores. Know that it must be hard workout, but I am ready to undergo. In the near future I am not advocating a lot of points from tournaments, so you can change for the better," she said in an interview to SkySports.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. July 2013 14:50 

Local Time:
Adidas Women’s Fall Preview: Ana Ivanovic, Caroline Wozniacki, Laura Robson and More
July 6, 2013 By Tennis Grandstand 2 Comments
Share this article!

Adidas tennis has come out with their women’s US Open series line for both their Adizero kit worn by Ana Ivanovic and Angelique Kerber, as well as their Stella McCartney line worn by Caroline Wozniacki, Laura Robson and Andrea Petkovic.

Here’s a breakdown of all the styles you will see on the adidas ladies this fall.

Ana Ivanovic, Daniela Hantuchova: The adizero line has already looked beautiful at Wimbledon in all-white, and the brand continues the bold lines in their adidas Women’s Fall Adizero Dress. The added color palette of Hero Ink Blue and Hi-Res Red/Orange bring a stunning and eye-catching design to the mesh fabric.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. July 2013 15:38 

Local Time:
Hantuchova will play doubles with Hingis at the U.S. Open
07/18/2013 15:31:31
Bratislava (SITA) - Daniela Hantuchova (pictured) will play doubles with fresh member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame Martina Hingis only from 29 July in Carlsbad, California, for example, but also on top of all overseas hardovej leads U.S. Open Series 2013 - New York International Open Championship of the United States from 26 August

"It was a two-sided initiative. Shall we play in three tournaments, including the U.S. Open," specifies for news Slovak Tennis Association (STZ) 30-year-old native of Poprad Hantuchova Commenting on the cooperation with the 32-year Švajčiarkou derived from Kosice.

Holder of a complete collection of Grand Slam titles in mixed doubles and a former fiver the WTA world rankings Hantuchova again met with Hingis as in April in Moscow during Sloveniek Fed Cup semifinal against Russia. The former leader of the singles-deblových renkingu be featured in the background, Zborna 'as trainer Anastasia Pavľučenkovovej. "Often we have seen and we talked until we said that you try it. Svetoborné nothing from our doubles do not wait. Important is that we tennis enjoyed it and had fun," said Hantuchova for the daily Sport.
@ google translate

Hantuchova with Hingis at the U.S. Open
Home » News » Hantuchova with Hingis at the U.S. Open

Daniela Hantuchova before flying overseas on Wednesday evening trained on hard Slavia Agrofert with Dominika Cibulkova. Thursday will fly to California.

Hantuchova has confirmed that in addition to Carlsbad is agreed with Martina Hingis at other tournaments. How did the agreement to a distance of six years again played doubles together, Daniela said: 'It was a two-sided initiative. We play in three tournaments, including the U.S. Open. "

Hantuchova recently met with Hingis in Moscow, where Švajčiarka the Fed Cup semi coached guided Anastasiu Pavlyuchenkova of positions konzultatky Paris Academy of Patrick Mouratoglua, which Russia is a member.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. July 2013 08:07 

Local Time:
Hantuchova looks forward to pairing with Hingis
By Rick Eymer
Palo Alto Online Sports

Daniela Hantuchova considers it an honor to be helping Martina Hingis restart her tennis career. After all, said the 30-year-old Slovakian, she watched the 32-year-old Swiss sensation at the top of her game.

"I respect her game," Hantuchova said after beating Belgium's Yanina Wickmayer, 6-2, 4-6, 6-0, Tuesday in a first round match of the Bank of the West Classic at Stanford's Taube Family Tennis Center.

Hingis, inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame earlier this month, will join Hantuchova in the doubles main draw of the Southern California Open, which gets underway on Monday at the Omni La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad.

"She understands the game like no other," Hantuchova said. "Once you are a champion, you never lose that."

Hingis, who last played on the professional circuit in 2007, has won 43 WTA singles titles, five of them at Grand Slam events, and 37 WTA doubles titles, including nine Grand Slam events. She is one of five women to hold down the No. 1 ranking in both singles and doubles at the same time.

"I am very much looking forward to making a return to competitive play at the Southern California Open," Hingis said in a statement. "I remember winning the singles and doubles here in 1997 and winning the singles again in 1999. This has always been one of my favorite events to play."

Hantuchova played doubles with Hingis in 2007, remembering that "I just listened to her. She told me what to do and that's what I did."

They've kept in touch and talked about the possibility of Hingis making a comeback. They're hoping to play at least five tournaments, including the U.S. Open, this summer.

"She was my idol growing up," Hantuchova said. "Why not give it a shot and have some fun on the court?"

Hantuchova certainly had fun in beating Wickmayer, whom she has beaten in all six career meetings.

"Physically she's very strong and I always enjoy the challenge from her side of the court," Hantuchova said. "She moves well, hits the ball hard and at times can serve well."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. July 2013 18:45 

Local Time:
Hantuchova will play U.S. Open with idol Hingis
WEDNESDAY, JULY 24, 2013 /BY MATT CRONIN

Daniela Hantuchova says she's committed to playing doubles with soon to be un-retired Martina Hingis at the U.S. Open and Carlsbad, but says they haven’t discussed playing other tournaments yet.

The 32-year-old Hingis, who was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame earlier this month, also plans to play doubles at Toronto, Cincinnati and New Haven.

“We talked a couple of months ago and she still enjoys the game so much and the competitiveness is still in there and we always had so much fun,” Hantuchova told TENNIS.com. “I respect her incredibly and she was always my idol growing up so I said ‘Why don't we give it try?' We don't have anything to lose and we just want to have fun on court. She thought about it for a while and here we were."

Hantuchova and Hingis, both born in Slovakia, share a long history. Hantuchova beat Hingis, 6-3, 6-4, to capture her first career WTA title at the 2002 Indian Wells and was the last woman to play doubles at a Tour-level event with Hingis. The pair partnered at the 2007 U.S. Open, losing to Kveta Peschke and Rennae Stubbs, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4, in the round of 16.

Hingis has been playing a lot of World TeamTennis, exhibitions and senior events at Grand Slams. The former No. 1 in singles and doubles partnered Lindsay Davenport to win the Wimbledon Ladies' Invitation doubles earlier this month.

Hantuchova said Hingis' court sense sets her apart.

“Once you are a champion inside you never are going to lose it and she understands the game like no other,” Hantuchova told TENNIS.com. “Obviously it's a competitive match and it’s totally different and I can’t to wait to see how it’s going to be.”

The 30-year-old Hantuchova, who owns a career Grand Slam in mixed doubles, said that the Swiss — who has won nine Grand Slam doubles titles — called the shots on court when they've played together in the past.

“I was the one who was listening to everything she told me to do,” Hantuchova said. “She managed to win so many different tournaments with so many different players and I’m sure if she asked [a journalist to play with her] she would tell you what to do and she would win anyway.”

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. July 2013 17:04 

Local Time:
Hantuchova with Hingis at the U.S. Open: Play with Martina is a tribute
Today 00:00 0

Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova alongside a former world number one and a native of Kosice Martina Hingis will play doubles Grand Slam at the U.S. Open.Rested and well tuned traveled to tournaments in our overseas tennis player Daniela Hantuchova (30). In the second of the events at Stanford, however, has not succeeded in Polk Radwanska 6:7, 6:7 and fans and never did finals Slovak Hantuchova - Cibulkova.

Daniela before the duel for our daily revealed major plans and why will play doubles with Martina Hingis.

After Wimbledon tournament give you rest. What you during this time managed?
- I had a few days off, but then I was preparing at home in Monaco. After the tournament I needed to recharge your batteries and a few days break from tennis.

How do you feel from the healthcare site? Is everything all right?
- After many years in the tennis carousel, it's not perfect, but I'm working despite pain.

The ranking will move higher and higher (46), you started winning the tournament in Birmingham that you dare this year the world Fifteen?
- Title in Birmingham gave me new motivation to continue working, we'll see.

In a few days arrive at the tournament in Carslbad in Deblov with Martina Hingis. How did the your current cooperation with Martina?
- Play back doubles with Martina is a great honor for me, it was really looking forward to it. We take it as a bit of variety and fun.

With Hingis have played six years ago, among other tournaments and the U.S. Open, it is possible to do it again this year?
- It was a double initiative. We play the U.S. Open.

Author: Plus JEDEN DEŇ / Lucia Petrincová
@ google translate.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 75  Next