HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

ITF Player
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 29. October 2012 08:35 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 11:12

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. November 2012 16:53 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 03:12
Leona Lewis to perform in Singapore
Mariam Yuan | 6 November 2012 | 0 Comments

SINGAPORE: Residents in Singapore are excited after British pop star Leona Lewis announced she would perform at this month’s inaugural Clash of Continents Tennis Championship on November 25 in Singapore.

The event will take place at Singapore’s Indoor Stadium.

The singer, known for songs such as “Bleeding Love” and “Happy” and the first winner of the X-Factor, has sparked massive appeal for the performance among Singaporeans.

Lewis will perform for fans on the final day of the tennis event during the break in tennis action that will feature a women’s exhibition match between Slovakia’s Daniela Hantuchova and China’s Peng Shuai and the main event where male tennis stars Mardy Fish, Juan Monaco, Kei Nihikori, Janko Tipsarevic will be battling for the championship title.

In hope of promoting the sport in Singapore and Asia, organizers feel that an artist like Lewis “will help bring the sport and entertainment together.”

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. November 2012 15:53 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova is no sex symbol
November 9, 2012 11:10 AM by StraitsTimes.com

The 1.81m-tall tennis pro says she "absolutely will not" consider herself a sex symbol

She has graced the pages of Sports Illustrated in a bikini and also posed nude on the cover of ESPN The Magazine's The Body Issue.

Daniela Hantuchova has been known for her stunning good looks as much as her accomplished forehand on the tennis court. In fact, the 29-year-old intends to rely on her beauty when she retires from the game, as she ponders a career as an actress or on the fashion runway.

But for now, the only strutting she will be doing is on court, as she chases her dream of winning her first Grand Slam singles title.

Asked if she considers herself a sex symbol, the 1.81m-tall Slovak - who will compete in Singapore later this month at the Clash of Continents - laughs off the tag.

"First of all, I'm an athlete and these things are just fun to do from time to time," she told The Straits Times in an exclusive interview.

"It's part of my job, but I absolutely will not consider myself that."

But she admits that being blessed in the looks department does have its benefits. For example, better-looking players tend to have better support from the crowd, a fact she can attest to.

"I hope that it's not for the looks but for my game. But, sometimes, whatever works is good," quipped the blonde, who has earned five Women's Tennis Association titles.

Since turning pro in 1999, Hantuchova, whose highest singles ranking was No.5 in 2003, has enjoyed most of her success in the doubles and mixed doubles.

In 2005, she became one of only five players to have completed the Grand Slam in mixed doubles - winning the French and US Opens that year to add to her 2002 Australian Open and 2001 Wimbledon victories.

A self-confessed perfectionist, she believes that it is the excessive pressure that she puts on herself which has prevented her from replicating that success in her singles game.

She explained: "In doubles and mixed doubles, I don't think about the results.

"I never went on court trying to win Slams or something. It's fun and, suddenly, there they were, all the titles.

"If I would be able to play like that in the singles, it would be a different story. But it's never too late right? That's what keeps me going, trying to figure out how I can do that in singles."

But the ever-evolving sport has changed from the time she burst onto the scene as a 19-year-old. Then she came up against the likes of more finesse players like Martina Hingis and Justine Henin.

These days, the emphasis is much more on power.

Said the world No.32: "I prefer to play against Martina and Justine and people who were actually playing it like a chess game. It was more about the fine shots, but now it's more about hitting the ball as hard as you can.

"I definitely enjoyed those times much more."

To cope with the physical nature of the modern game, Hantuchova puts in as much effort in the gym as on the court.

"I've always been professional in this part and I think I actually enjoy working out more than being on the court," she said.

But before the rigours of the season begin again with the Australian Open in January, she is looking forward to a week-long trip to Singapore for shopping and a golf game or two.

"I absolutely love the shopping, it's absolutely amazing," said Hantuchova, who was here last year for the Singapore Women's Tennis Exhibition.

"Travelling so much around the world, I've never seen something like that. It's like New York, Rome, Milan, altogether in one place. I'm definitely looking forward to that, especially before Christmas time.

"Hopefully, I will get to play some golf too."

This story was first published on November 7, 2012 on StraitsTimes.com.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. November 2012 16:53 

Local Time:
Power, not finesse, rules women's game
By Lim Say Heng
The New Paper
Monday, Nov 26, 2012

FORGET the cerebral approach and the finesse that players such as former world No. 1 Martina Hingis used to bring to the women’s game.

The game now is all about power, and that will become an even bigger component of a player’s training, according to Daniela Hantuchova and Peng Shuai.

The duo are in Singapore for an exhibition match at the Clash of Continents tournament at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Saturday and Sunday.

World No. 32 Hantuchova, 29, said: “In a way it is (less fun now), I enjoyed it a lot more when we had longer rallies where you could actually use your head on court.

“The Williams sisters’ (Serena and Venus) entry into tennis has completely changed the physicality of the game for us.

“It’s all about being as powerful as possible now and everyone is in such great shape, so it’s not easy to keep up.”

World No. 40 Peng Shuai, 26, added: “It’s not just the Williams sisters, the likes of Kim Clijsters – even though she’s retired – Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka and Samantha Stosur are really powerful, too.

“These days, it is not just the guys who are doing weights to improve their fitness before and in between tournaments, girls do that as well.”

Both women doubt this trend can be reversed, with the advent of better equipment that will only enhance the players’ shot force on the court.

While Asians generally tend to pack less power because they are usually smaller-built, Peng Shuai believes that the continent’s players can still hold their own in the future.

The 2010 Asian Games gold medallist said: “Just look at (Chinese world No. 7) Li Na, she is physically strong and has a powerful forehand and can hold her own against the Europeans and Americans.

“That said, it is not just about power; you need also fitness and mental toughness, because sometimes a match can go on for three hours or more and you don’t always have a coach by your side at all tournaments.”

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. November 2012 01:14 

Local Time:
Australian Open outfit:

Roland Garros outfit:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. December 2012 01:01 

Local Time:
Daniela loves luxembourg
Posted on 30 November 2012 by citymag

Daniela Hantuchová would never think of missing Luxembourg Open. This year the tennis player celebrated her 10th participation in the event.

“I love coming to Luxembourg. The tournament has a great atmosphere and I have such good memories here. This is where I entered the world top 10 for the first time. I also enjoy just walking around, looking at the shops – oh, and eating desserts! There are great pastry shops in Luxembourg. Every year I try to bring someone from my family with me here to make the most of my visit. My family means the world to me. I couldn’t have done any of this without them.”

This year, the Slovak tennis player brought her big brother Igor along and took him to her favourite restaurant, Mosconi. “I always go there when I’m in Luxembourg. It’s one of my favourite restaurants in the world!” Quite a compliment coming from someone who has been travelling non-stop for the last 14 years.

“I actually hate the travelling, always going from hotel to hotel. Sometimes I wish I could just stay in one spot for a month…” She does however love working out and training hard. “It’s my favourite part of the job – that and being on the court of course. Since I came to Luxembourg the first time 10 years ago, tennis has changed a lot. It’s much more physical. Now, you’ll see all the players at the gym, aiming to be 100% fit all the time. It’s made the game more professional and demanding – and I don’t mind a bit.”

When she was younger it was school and playing the piano that drove her. “I loved studying, especially maths and physics. I have been studying management the last few years and I will complete those studies at some point. I’m the only one in my family not to have a university degree. I’m very proud to have such a smart family and it inspires me to always keep doing my best too – even though it’s just tennis.”

At the age of 29 years old, Daniela Hantuchová could be thinking about retiring from the game but she isn’t. “I’ve learnt in life that it’s no use making plans because something always changes them. A few years back I may have imagined myself in another place right now, but I’m pretty happy with where I am. I’m healthy and I love what I do. I just take one day at the time.”

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. December 2012 18:20 

Local Time:
THE SLOVAK MARCA.COM LOOKS BACK ON HIS PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE
Hantuchova: "I want to be in the Top-Ten"
DAVID MENAYO 03/12/12 - 15:10.

Daniela Hantuchova is one of those players who has chosen temporarily train in Spain (Sánchez-Casal Academy in Barcelona) to relive better times. At 29 years is a veteran of the circuit, which does not prevent further excited and aspire to greater heights. The Slovak MARCA.com kindly attended in full preseason.

Daniela Hantuchova (Poprad, 1983) closes the twelfth consecutive season in the top 40 of the WTA, ranking 32 out of the No. 5-ranked worn on January 27, 2003. "I think 2012 has been a difficult year for me. Had a great start to the season, making the final in Brisbane, winning in Pattaya and feeling very good about my game, but desfortundamente, during the Fed Cup tie against Spain, suffered a fracture stress on the left foot that kept me away from the tracks two months (missed the entire clay tour) and marked left me for the rest of the season," says the star, who has played 50 games (26-24) most notably the London Olympics, where she reached the eighth-final: "It was my third Olympics. was a special moment, especially played on grass at Wimbledon."

The Slovak, who lives in Monte Carlo, has had a few weeks of rest and renewed hopes faced with preparing the new year. "In tennis, in sport or in life generally can not predict the future, so let's see what we bring in the new year. The only thing I'm sure of is that I will give my best all day," says Daniela, professional since May 1999. "I never lacked motivation when training or playing, because I still have many things to do on the tennis courts. Definitely, the circuit is increasingly matched, any player can win a tournament and the demand is high in each game," she says. An objective for the 2013? "I want to be in the Top-Ten." For Dani, as his closest friends know, "Vika (Azarenka) is real because the number one ranking on the advice, but of course that Maria (Sharapova) and Serena (Williams) has made ​​an extraordinary year. The three are doing amazing work for women's tennis."

Top as a tennis player and model
Hantuchova was hooked to the sport watching on television as his compatriot Miroslav Mecir hung the gold medal in the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games and has since lived racket in hand. "Tennis has been my passion from very small and I have to be happy to be able to devote myself to what I like. i'm Very grateful to my family and friends because mine are the most important for me," she says. Looking back at what moment are over a decade career, Hantuchova highlights "the Fed Cup 2002 after beating Switzerland achieved (first round), France (quarterfinals), Italy (semifinals) and Spain (final) , and individual titles at Indian Wells 2002 and 2007 beating Martina Hingis and Svetlana Kuznetsova."

Daniela, on the cover of ESPN Magazine.
After starting the year with Claudio Pistolesi as coach, Dani finished the season at the orders of Edward Nicholas, who trained at the Academia Sanchez-Casal in Barcelona. "We focus on mobility in the track so that Daniela can thus realize that treasures technical talent," said the coach, "I worked with Eduardo in 2007 and it was all fantastic. Whenever I feel very comfortable with both training in Barcelona Angel Eduardo Giménez and with or Emilio Sanchez Vicario, whom I am very grateful for all foulbrood've learned with them. " Her perfectionism, often extreme, have added pressure to tackling big games. But their curriculum adorn it five individual titles, nine doubles titles and four titles-all four Grand Slam mixed doubles.

Off the slopes, Daniela known for its status polyglot (speaks Slovak, English and German to perfection), his good qualities as a pianist and his unabashed smile. Hantuchova has shown defend well not only in tennis, but in front of a camera as a model exercise. In 2009 appeared in the Sports Illustrated bathing with their counterparts Maria Kirilenko and Tatiana Golovin, and this year she posed nude for the magazine 'The Body Issue "of ESPN. "It was a totally different experience to what we had before. Photographer and the whole team were very professional and treated me very well. We did it in Rome, it was fun and I enjoyed the experience. But I have very clear when I devote tennis", just laughing.

@ google translate.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. December 2012 18:30 

Local Time:
They're going a surprise: Hantuchova like an angel than devil Martikán
Today, 09:53 - The angel and devil Martikán Hantuchova.
Such is the cast of St Nicholas Charity Event.

Daniela Hantuchova during the test angel beautiful gowns made ​​by Boris Hanečka.
By rg

Thursday detonate the biggest stars of Slovak sport associated with the project Team Slovakia.

Rehearsal was yesterday tested costumes. While Daniela angelic costume was excited and happy to pose in front of lenses, devil Michal shooting vigorously rejected. He says let's at least some surprise.

Miso Martikán comes as hell.

Both leaders Team Slovakia Daniela Hantuchova (29) and Michal Martikan (33) already can not wait to visit both schools, hospitals as well as parliament, where they want to remind Members to what health is all Slovak society and the status športujúcej Youth in Slovakia.

Most are looking forward to time with the school children, who represent some of the things out of your training program and in addition to distributing Global.subtitle exposing them to sports.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. December 2012 17:40 

Local Time:
People, chairs, referring National Council of angel Hantuchova and devil Martikán
TASR | 6 December 2012 11:40 - Updated 12/06/2012 12:12

People, chairs, refers tennis player Daniela Hantuchova and Michal Martikan waterman who today, at Nicholas, visited the National Council dressed as an angel and a devil. In parliament, then in kindergarten to elementary Siberian street in Bratislava emphasize the need of healthy lifestyles and prevention, to which people would not forget.

Handing out gingerbread and healthy apples. The event covers the parliament chief medical committee Richard Rasi, an angel with devil welcomed by the President of the Slovak Parliament Pavol Paska (both Smer-SD).

"With Misom we are here to ensure that we have highlighted not only our youth, but all the people that are the most moving. On how important is a healthy diet, a healthy lifestyle. Especially kids to not sit in front of a television, before computers, but to find time to exercise," said Hantuchova, who has for his angelic appearance earned by Rashi assessment:" It looks very dangerous. "

Hantuchova also recommended prefer fruit candy before. Martikán says that one sweet hurts, it is, however, a move to sweat it do not work too. "Do not be afraid to give yourself the sweetness. Watch what your body calls for and what is healthy," said Slovak waterman. He stressed the need to move and prevention. "It's very important," he said. Agrees with him and Rashi. "Prevention is what saves lives," said the fact that a healthy lifestyle is of course also an active sport. "This is the best form of prevention," he said.

During the parliamentary event surgeons measure blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol and fat content and muscle in the body. Examinations are held 10:00 to 16:00 h. The event is to highlight the deteriorating lifestyle in Slovakia, where a lot of obese people is increasing, cardiovascular disease and cancer and also learn about the importance of prevention. Hantuchova Martikán athletes and organizers invited because they represent a healthy lifestyle. According to Rashi people will believe them more than "some politicians" who on prevention and health talk on television. "You better find a way for those who are truly representatives of the sound," he said.
@ google translate + video

VIDEO: Angel and devil Hantuchova Martikán link: People chairs!
Today 13:39 TASR, Red Sport

BRATISLAVA - Tennis star Daniela Hantuchova and double Olympic champion in slalom canoeing Michal Martikan arrived on Thursday, the National Council of the Slovak Republic by Nicholas the lightweight support the movement, prevention and healthy lifestyle.

Hantuchova like an angel and a devil mask with Martikán distributed in parliament apples and gingerbread and the health committee passed a medical examination.

The parliament and then in kindergarten to elementary Siberian street in Bratislava emphasized the need of healthy lifestyles and prevention, to which people would not forget.

Video @ @ google translate

Angel Hantuchova and devil Martikán came to see Members
By SITA, today 12:19, updated today 14:35

Daniela Hantuchova and Michal Martikan warn the parliament visitors to move.
"Eno - Nuno," comforted Béla Bugár.

Tennis star Daniela Hantuchova and multiple Olympic champion Michal Martikan.
SITA / Marian Peiger
BRATISLAVA 6th (AP) - Eno - Nuno, enjoyed Bugár

"Eno - Nuno," commented a member of your health for the Most-Hid Béla Bugár. "Cholesterol I have 5.3, I have the pressure to normal, did not ban me or sweets," he said, that he measured a slightly higher blood sugar blood, as has previously fasted, but with a piece of chocolate in your stomach.

Bugár in his own words exercises three times a week, runs a practice for back problems. 'You know, in politics it quickly crooked spine., But no, I have hernia between the fourth and fifth vertebrae, they wanted me to operate. Since then I practice, "he added with smile.

The only negative aspect for Bugár an occasional cigar smoking. "Feeder I have a wife that I'm not banned," he said with a laugh.

In contrast, the tests did not fare as well as deputy Alojz Posted KDH. "I have more movement and less to eat. Measured me a little more pressure, but I'm on the edge of obesity. Practice I will, I promise, and eat less," evaluated. Tennis star Daniela Hantuchova and multiple Olympic champion Michal Martikan arrived on Thursday in Parliament to support the movement, prevention and healthy lifestyle.

Hantuchova as angel and devil Martikán to distribute visitors to the National Council of apples and gingerbread and the health committee passed medical examination.

"We are here mainly to have highlighted not only our youth, but all the people that are the most moving. Movements, a healthy diet and healthy lifestyle choices affect not only our work, but as we all be happier and more successful," said Hantuchova .

"Only when we realize what we can in the wrong in your life, we begin to think how to arrange the lives better," said Speaker of Parliament Pavol Paska. She hopes to visit the Slovak elite athletes back National Council "is good because of the evil sometimes seems that there is really enough."

Sport is a medical committee under President Richard Rashi necessarily linked with a healthy lifestyle and is considered as the best form of prevention.

"I used to say that prevention saves lives," he said, that if we have a healthy youth, the whole society will be healthy. Therefore welcomed the Martikán and Hantuchova came to support and propagate the idea of ​​prevention activities and sports.

The event dedicated to the prevention of health, people in the medical committee may be screened blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol levels, the proportion of fat and muscle in the body, so the overall efficiency of the cardiovascular system.
@ google translate.

Hantuchova explains why it came into Parliament as an angel
The company made the devil, Olympic medalist, Martikán.

BRATISLAVA, 06/12/2012 11:54 | TASR / TVNOVINY.sk 2
Parliament came to the tennis player Daniela Hantuchova. Instead of rockets, however, brought the wings. The National Council is entered as an angel accompanying Nicholas. There is a devil, played by Michael Martikán waterman. Both promote a healthy lifestyle.

Hantuchova like an angel.
(Photo: AP)
"With Misom we are here to ensure that we have highlighted not only our youth, but for all people to be the most moving. For this, it is important to a healthy diet, a healthy lifestyle. Especially children to not be sitting watching television, before computers, but to find time to exercise," said Hantuchova.

Hantuchova also recommended prefer fruit candy before. Martikán says that one sweet hurts, it is, however, a move to sweat it do not work too.

"Do not be afraid to give yourself the sweetness. Watch what your body calls for and what is healthy," said Slovak waterman.

During today's parliamentary event surgeons measure blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol levels and the proportion of fat and muscle in the body. Investigations will be carried to 16.00.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: WTA Singles Rankings 2012
PostPosted: 19. December 2012 00:27 

Local Time:
Hantuchova eager for her return to the Sunshine Coast
Tuesday, 18 December 2012

TOP female tennis professional Daniela Hantuchova says she is eagerly awaiting her return to Palmer Coolum Resort for the exhibition match with fellow pro Jarmila Gajdosova at the resort’s impressive Tennis Centre this Saturday (22 December - 6.00pm start).

A visit to the resort last year clearly impressed the 29-year-old Slovak who intends to once again use her time on the Sunshine Coast to prepare for the Brisbane International (30 Dec - 6 Jan) and the Australian Open (14 - 27 Jan).

Apart from the relaxing environment, the resort is ideal from a training point of view with the surface of the Tennis Centre’s show court made of the same material as the Open’s courts in Melbourne.

“I’m really looking forward coming back to the Palmer Coolum Resort again,” Hantuchova said.
“We had such a great time last year being there before the tournament in Brisbane and that part of the world counts among one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. I can’t wait to be training there again soon.

“The tennis courts and the resort itself is the best place for me to prepare for the Australian summer tournaments since the surface of the courts is identical to Melbourne Park.

“I’m ready to do all the hard training again which is always more fun to do in such wonderful environment,”
she said.

Hantuchova’s sentiments were echoed by her exhibition match opponent Jarmila Gajdosova, who is just as keen to return to the Sunshine Coast and prepare for her upcoming summer tournaments.
“It’s so nice to be back home in Australia and I am very much looking forward to playing the exhibition match against my good friend Daniela at the beautiful Palmer Coolum Resort,” she said.

Entry to the match is $20 for adults, $10 for children and $50 for families (2 adults, 2 children). Seats can be secured by calling the Tennis Centre on (07) 5449 3480.
As an added bonus for local fans, Hantuchova will hold two tennis clinics at the Palmer Coolum Resort Tennis Centre for anyone looking to improve their skills.
On Friday 21 December she will host a one-hour kid’s clinic from 5.30pm ($35 per person) and on Saturday 23 December an adult’s clinic from 10.00am ($50 per person).

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: WTA Singles Rankings 2012
PostPosted: 21. December 2012 15:19 

Local Time:
Tennis star Daniela Hantuchova faces age-old challenge
Damien Stannard
The Courier-Mail
December 22, 201212:00AM

MENTION the big three-o to Daniela Hantuchova and she recoils, burying her face in her hands like a frightened four-year-old.

It is a daunting and inevitable milestone that she will reach in April next year, her 15th as a professional tennis player.

When she re-emerges from those hands it is with a smile, promising that the amazing feats of her older peers reassure her that the best is yet to come.

"I have so many friends that turned 30 this year and they seem to enjoy it. It's just a number,'' said Hantuchova who is training at Coolum ahead of the Brisbane International.

"When I get there I'll see how I feel but I can't believe it. It wasn't so long ago I thought 30 was old."

The encouraging number for the stunning Slovak is 11 - a WTA record high for the number of players aged 30 and older in the season ending top 100.

Japan's Kimiko Date-Krumm is the pin-up among the veterans and has vowed to play on next year when she will turn 43. Although tired of questions about her age, the world No.99 finds it amusing that she is about the same age as the mothers of many opponents.

"I enjoy the time I spend on the court. I still play in the Grand Slams,'' she said.

"I enjoy winning, and enjoy fighting on the match and hope to continue doing it as long as possible."

Other club members include 30-year-olds Li Na and Nadia Petrova, and Venus Williams, 32.

The benchmark is undoubtedly Serena Williams who, at 31, could reclaim the top ranking and complete a Serena Slam at the Australian Open next month.

"I'm pleased there are so many around because it gives me great motivation,'' Hantuchova said. "These days it's not so easy for the younger ones to break through because the overall standard is much higher.

"I have so much respect for Serena. She's done so much for our sport and has been an inspiration for me.''

Hantuchova loves Australia and is fascinated by the scrub turkeys and kangaroos which loiter around the Palmer Coolum Resort where she will play an exhibition match tonight against Jarmila Gajdosova.

The world No.32 played her first Australian Open as a 17-year-old and hit a career-high No.5 in 2003 when she reached seven quarter-finals. She reached the final at this year's Brisbane International and the third round at Melbourne Park before a stress fracture in her foot affected her performances in the second half of the season.

The Monaco-based right-hander has overcome that injury and is once again confident despite facing a field in Brisbane that includes top-10 stars, world No.1 Victoria Azarenka, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams and Samantha Stosur.

"Opponents aren't in my control so whatever comes I just deal with it,'' Hantuchova said.

"I make sure I'm ready mentally and physically. It's exciting because I don't know what to expect.

"I don't want to put any extra pressure on myself but I do want to do well.''

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. December 2012 13:24 

Local Time:
Tennis ace Daniela Hantuchova lobs in ahead of Brisbane International for a quick surf
(including a short video interview)

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. December 2012 20:51 

Local Time:
Tennis pro swaps the courts for the beach with Julian's help
Richard Bruinsma 28th Dec 2012 7:06 AM

WORLD-RANKED tennis pro Daniela Hantuchova captivated beachgoers when she swapped the heat of the hardcourt for the soft sand and cool waters of Coolum, and a private lesson with surfing pro Julian Wilson.

The conditions were less-than-ideal at Wilson's home break, but the world tennis number 32 persevered with her patient tutor for around an hour, managing to stand up briefly on the mini-mal just once, before emerging from the waters with a big smile and the satisfaction of trying something new.

"It was a lot of fun," she said with a laugh. "One more hour and it would have been great." It was only her second time on a board.

Wilson, one of the region's best in the Coolum waves, was also supportive. "It was pretty challenging out there; that was about as tough as it gets," he said of the messy chop.

Hantuchova has been at Palmer Coolum Resort on a working holiday, preparing for the Brisbane International and the Australian Open.

Having left subzero temperatures of home just 10 days ago, and touching down to blistering heat locally, a chance to enjoy the cool surf yesterday was a no-brainer.

"It was pretty brutal, coming from Europe we had minus 10, and it took us a few days to get used to it, but I got over it now and I'm feeling good," she said.

"If I had more time I would be spending every day on the beach but, you know, I still have to wait for that after I finish my career."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2013 20:16 

Local Time:
Twitter chat @Prince_Tennis #askdaniela

Chris Goldsmith ‏@TheTennisTalker
#AskDaniela @dhantuchova Who has been your favourite doubles partner in your career and why,
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite
3:34 PM - 11 Jan 13 · Details
15h Prince Tennis ‏@Prince_Tennis
.@TheTennisTalker @dhantuchova Ai Sugiyama since she is one of my best friends, Lindsay Davenport, Aggie Radwanska and Martina Hingis
Expand
14h Chris Goldsmith ‏@TheTennisTalker
@Prince_Tennis @dhantuchova Ai Sugiyama!! The tour misses her, so polite, respectful and a fighter
Expand

Doug the Snake ‏@Dougthesnake
What other sport have you played that has aided your tennis career?#AskDaniela
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite
3:38 PM - 11 Jan 13 · Details
.@Dougthesnake I think playing golf has helped since it is a very mental game.

Plunkett
‏@plunkett_
#askdaniela you have play tennis for some time now and seen so many place in the world. Where do you like to holiday & how do you relax.
Reply Retweet Favorite
6:39 PM - 11 Jan 13 · Embed this Tweet
.@plunkett_ My most favorite cities are Rome and Cape Town. In my free time I love to play golf!
Details
15h Plunkett ‏@plunkett_
@Prince_Tennis #askdaniela two very beautiful place . Maybe the wpga after tennis

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. January 2013 03:15 

Local Time:
IMG Players' Party At Crown
Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 5:21PM
With most players rushing through due to matches scheduled for the next day, the last player I was able to chat with was Daniela Hantuchova.

Kait: Hi Daniela. Do you have a New Year's Resolution?
Daniela: Not to have one! (laughing)

Kait: Did you have one last year?
Daniela: Yeah last year was just trying to stay healthy, which didn't happen throughout the whole year but this year I just decided my resolution is not to have one.

Kait: How would you describe your off court style?
Daniela: Just easy and simple, like easy tops and jeans. But of course you know for occasions like this I like to dress up nicely.

Kait: Do you have one beauty product you can't leave the house without?
Daniela: Sunscreen obviously!

Kait: Good answer. If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive who would they be?
Daniela: Oo. That's a toughy. I think Brad Pitt! (Laughing) That's an obvious one! Nelson Mandela. And the third one, my mum!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 75  Next