HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 17. August 2010 16:37 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 15:26
A good article on Darren Cahill:

In a sense, Cahill isn’t divorced from coaching. He’s part of an Adidas team that works in Vegas with Fernando Verdasco, Daniela Hantuchova, Thiemo de Bakker and, last week, Fernando Gonzalez. Yet as close as he is to players, he hasn’t traded in his right to be critical in the booth — a balancing act too many jocks-turned-TV guys have a hard time handling.
“I wouldn’t say anything with the headphones on that I wouldn’t say to their faces. You have to be constructive, but it’s no good coming in there and throwing the gauntlet down,” he explained.

That's the bit about Daniela but the rest is worth reading.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 15:53 

Local Time:

Article from San Diego, I felt the tone was mostly damning with faint praise.

FROM THE MERCURY INSURANCE OPEN, SAN DIEGO, AUG. 5- Daniela Hantuchova counts herself lucky that at the age of 27 her bones aren’t creaking yet , even though her friends warned her that by the time she started hitting her late 20s, that it wouldn’t be easy to put herself through the treadmill. But the slender woman with heavy dreams continues to do so.

“Knock on wood,” I wonder when I will get to that stage but I remember when Ai Sugiyama and other players said you wait till you get to certain age…but I don’t feel that way yet.”
The Slovakian has stayed committed, positive and keeps putting her most photographed nose and face to the grindstone. Between Wimbledon and Stanford, she went to Florida and put herself through killer workouts in intense heat and humidity. She wants to be stronger and faster and believes that will key her return back to the top 10. She’s tried many different methods before, but at least she doesn’t give up, even though after reaching the semis of Charleston she’s had a marginal clay and grass court season.

She just went over the $7 million mark in prize money, but is only 3-10 lifetime in finals and has reached only won Slam semi in 38 appearances. She's been a very good player, but not a great one, but says she has no regrets about anything.
One would think that she’d be a bit more a of a realist when it comes to her future, where currently she’s ranked No. 27, and is facing the possibility that her current level may not be good enough for another visit to the top 15, much less the top 10, but she’s tougher than she looks and is dead serious when she talks about improving day in and day out. The question is, even if she does, can she keep up with an always-improving tour, one if which she says has a deep, competent draw weekly?

At least for one day, when Hantuchova out ran and out thought the quick and capable Zheng Jie 6-2, 6-1, she looked like she still had a chance.

“It was high intensity match and I knew I had to stay in the rallies and move better than her and I did,” she said. “It's a combination of putting things together. Tennis is a game where there are so many ways you can approach improving and things that affect whether you are playing well or not. I’m trying to be clear tactically on what I do and with the off court work I put in I know that I can stay out there for as long as possible and do what I need to.”

Hantuchova has perhaps played more three setters than any other player since she began playing full time in 2000. This year alone, 16 of her 40 matches have gone three.

The basic elements of what has been a threatening but not lights out game are there: the sweet one handed backhand, the decent inside out forehand, the fine first serve, the good hands at the net, and when she isn't frustrated, the excellent strategy. But she’s never going to be a burner and has a hard time producing excellent shots on the run. Maybe she has gotten lighter on her feet at the age of 27, but be very sure that the book on her will continue to be to stretch her out and trip her up. He feet have betrayed her in the past and against the world’s elite, will likely continue to do so.

But at least she’s out there trying to plug up the holes in her game 10 years into her career and she has to be given massive credit for that.

Hantuchova will face Alisa Kleybanova in the quarters in what could be a an excellent contests and when I asked her to react to Jelena Jankovic’s stream of injury related excuses after the Serbian fell to Alisa Kleybanova, Hantuchova (with her eyes rolling) wouldn’t comment specifically on JJ, but did say that she agrees with Venus Williams mantra that you don’t discuss injuries if you decided to go out and play.
"If you can’t play, then don't,” she said. “Don't complain afterward.”

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 18:15 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 16:26
It's Matt Cronin. Demeaning Daniela with back-handed compliments has always been his modus operandi.

The basic elements of what has been a threatening but not lights out game are there: the sweet one handed backhand, At least this article gave him the opportunity to make a fool of himself! :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 22:27 

Local Time:
What a terrible article, he can shove his words right up his a**

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 27. August 2010 17:56 

Local Time:
Well honestly, IMO that is quite a good article that shows just the facts about Daniela. Except the thing with the one-handed bh.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2010 21:54 

Local Time:
Any article discussing Daniela's fall in rankings which neglects to mention the debilitating heel injury isn't really worth the paper it's written on. There are hundreds of pertinent questions that could be asked about Daniela's career at the moment (have the constant coaching changes hindered her progress,what is she going to do about top-notch opponents killing her second serve),but Cronin asked none of them.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2010 01:16 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 11:26
Any article discussing Daniela's fall in rankings which neglects to mention the debilitating heel injury isn't really worth the paper it's written on. There are hundreds of pertinent questions that could be asked about Daniela's career at the moment (have the constant coaching changes hindered her progress,what is she going to do about top-notch opponents killing her second serve),but Cronin asked none of them.

I have basically the same questions. We should team up here at the forum and send one of our own to interview daniela, hahaha.

Getting stronger physically has done little to improve her serve and her coaching strategy seems to be all over the place...

Oh, danka, we still love you :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2010 10:47 

Local Time:
We should team up here at the forum and send one of our own to interview daniela, hahaha.

I did a degree in sports journalism, I will GLADLY be sent to interview Daniela :D

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

ITF Player
PostPosted: 2. September 2010 21:55 

Local Time:
I did a degree in sports journalism, I will GLADLY be sent to interview Daniela :D

Scott

Would you now? hahaha :lol:

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. October 2010 20:11 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 07:26
You couldn't prove it by me but someone on another board posted this saying it's an article about how Dani and her boyfriend recently broke up and that's whats caused the drop-off in her game recently...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. October 2010 19:15 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova - More than meets the eye

Linz, 09.Oktober 2010 - You might think that playing on Centre Court at Wimbledon would be the scariest thing that Daniela Hantuchova has ever done. After all, the whole world is watching on tv. Imagine how you’d feel. But no, there’s something else.
When she was younger she was as good at playing the piano as she is now at playing tennis. Like tennis, she had to spend countless hours practising. And like tennis, she eventually had to play in front of lots of people. For a child, that can be quite an intimidating experience.

“I did some pretty big concerts, and I can tell you I’ve never, ever been so nervous in my life,” said the number two seed at the Generali Ladies. “When I was about 13, 14, a couple of hundred at least would be watching, maybe a thousand. It was scary stuff, but it prepared me well for the tennis circuit so it was good."

“I really enjoyed playing. It was very difficult time-wise because I had my school in the morning, tennis practise, then piano, then tennis again and then study in the evening. So I was finishing my day at 11, 11.30. Every day was like that from eight o’clock in the morning, and I loved it because there wasn’t any one second I had some free time. I couldn’t understand the kids when they were saying they were so bored. I never knew anything like that.”

You’ll already have gathered that Daniela is not just some dumb, one-dimensional tennis player. But there’s more. She could have gone to university, but as she was so good at tennis she decided to take that path instead.

Was that a difficult decision?
“Yes, it was a really tough one because after finishing high school I thought for sure I was going to continue, and I had some really good offers and studying always felt to me like it was part of my life. Especially for my parents it had been very important too, because with tennis you never know so you always have to have another option for if something happens to you. So it was kind of a tough one, but I knew if I wanted to do this properly there wouldn’t be enough time for me to do both.”

And what did she excel at in her studies?
“Mathematics and physics. The high school I went to is the best in Slovakia and it mainly goes in that direction, computers. My father and brother went to the same school. My parents and my brother and my grandmother are the brainy ones. I don’t feel I’ve done anything compared to them.”
She’s perhaps being overly modest there, but she does have a point. Her father, Igor, is a computer scientist, her mother, Marianna, is a toxicologist, and her older brother, Igor, is an architect. Some family. Just imagine what the conversation at the dinner table might be like.

Back to the piano playing for a moment. It wasn’t pop she was playing. She only did classical. You can just imagine her, can’t you, sitting elegantly on her stool, long hair down her back, a smart evening gown, tinkling away on the stage.

Something else at which Daniela excels is her dress sense. She is well known as one of the most stylish players on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, has done countless fashion shoots, and she admits, “I am very interested in fashion. I like anything that’s glamorous, with a lot of class. Usually I prefer things that are different to things that people are used to seeing. I just love that part of my life and it’s something that I definitely want to get involved with more after I finish with my tennis.”

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. October 2010 01:00 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova wants to play in the block!
Source: plus one day / ĽUDMILA Lukáčová
11. October 2010, 10:00

ON native Slovakia arrived only a few days. For plus one day made an exception and granted an interview. Although in Bratislava, most of the time spent on training. After docvičila, we sat down for coffee, where we Daniela Hantuchova answered the questions without any problems. The company did it with her brother Igor girlfriend Lucia. As Daniel says, to moments with your family always enjoyed the most.

Daniel, apparently have problems with the arm. How do you feel now?
- My arm hurt longer-term and I am afraid that this is a little worse. But the problem is that in the eleven months since my training, matches from this round will simply not speak during the season. Arm me worried in April before the Fed Cupom, but still play with him, even if it is not easy.

What do you intend to do with it?
- When finished the tournament and I have time off, so surely I must go to properly investigate, where they found what the team can do next. You know when you're in a roundabout, you can not find time and space for you to walk two days after doctors. Always fixes it somehow, I managed to train and play. But as soon as I end this season, I begin to address. Since I play tennis for 15 years, signed it on the shoulder. But I believe it will be fine.

It probably is not easy to go to the match, played it a hundred percent and perceive the fact that you can hurt a bit ...
- It is not easy, but if you are tennis courts, so you focus on the game and at full power. Everything else stop seen.

To my knowledge, so frequently accompanies you to your mama tournaments. It is up to each tournament?
- When I was a little, so she went everywhere with me, which was understandable. Today we no longer selected matches, so you can not say that it would be for each. This is for those like her.

When you return from somewhere, you're on the plane and say that finally going home, where it is? Where is home for you?
- Certainly in Slovakia. I Slovenka than turnips, so clearly here. Wherever I am in the world, is still home for me where I was born, where my family and friends. At the heart of Slovakia, and I am proud of it. For me it was nice when I could have represented Slovakia at the world championships, it was in 2002. First I ran the Fed Cup match in the Canary Islands now and then I flew to the world championships in Los Angeles, where we beat the Spaniard.

It is not you sometimes regret that Slovakia spend relatively little time?
- Of course, I'm sorry, because all I have here. For example, when we returned from the Fed Cup final in Manchester and we flew over the Tatras, Poprad I saw, so I burst into tears up. I love Slovakia.

However, if you reside vMonaku. Why?
- I got excellent conditions for training, in addition there is a very good climate. Can I go to train throughout the year, in addition to the stadium is about a minute from the house where I live.

How does it feel when you still need to move from one end of the world to the other and essentially your life takes place only in hotel rooms?
- Fifteen years as I live, during which time the man tends to slow, although it is not winning. I often happens that when you wake in the morning, so I might take a while to realize where I am. Even now, I flew from America, two days I was in Slovakia and soon I flew to Asia. Cases are still packed and you just move from one place to another. For example, recently I have now finally been taken in case a brother who brought me from Miami even in March. Until then, there was no time, but it is true that I have some things there that I had lacked. (Laughter)

Miss you as Slovak cuisine?
- Or do not say clearly that is missing. Also, steamed buns, tomato soup. You know how many times when I'm abroad, think of it as I would have a good Slovak food? On the other hand, also for this reason that we live in apartments where the kitchen, so we sometimes can cook something typical of our. Although most cooks these goodies my mom.

How many a year flown?
- That I can tell you exactly, is this 100-one thousand miles. For example, now when I flew to Tokyo, the captain came to me that if I do not want to go look into the cockpit. It was an experience. We started talking there and I'm joking, let him beware that we accidentally nezarozprávali. I tell him, do not look at me that you did not deviate from the track. (Laughter)

When you are in Slovakia, where the best relax?
- In recent years about the best in the castle in Hungary, which belongs to my brother and his girlfriend. Beautifully done it there, it's a great place and very well-there feel.

They say you're a true fan of the series jojkárskeho Prefab.
- I truly am. Each evening, the look on the internet and I really tangled. I like the series and has not missed a lot. If you need to know the contents of the last part of housing, no problem you say. (Laughter)

If you approached the creators, or you would not want to host the show, would you go into it?
- Definitely yes, it would make me happy.

Time will have come a day when to say goodbye to tennis career. Can you estimate when it may come?
- Hard to say. When I was younger, so I'm told that good, so if and when retiring, but now I know that these things are unpredictable. Only one thing is certain - when the team come to an end, so I want to say that I did for my best and I played as best I knew.

I learned about you that are interested and charity with his brother and helping HIV positive children in Cambodia. Why this project?
- Because a man should not be egotistical. You know in life I have been fortunate that I am doing what I enjoy and I was wrong. And therefore would not be fair of me if I deal with it nepodelila also to those who need it most. In life, there must be a rule that when you come into the path of happiness and success, the SHARE team. We must not be egotistical. When I was at a tournament in India and there I saw the terrible conditions in which kids grow up, tore up my heart. Then I realized what my problems are compared with those with those people.

@google translate.

Somebody! Please tell me about "the series jojkárskeho Prefab". What it about.... ??

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. October 2010 22:06 

Local Time:
If Daniela's shoulder has been hurting since Charleston,I'm bewildered that she played the crowded summer hardcourt schedule that she did. It all seems very foolhardy. :dunno:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. October 2010 23:03 

Local Time:
Thanks for the interview, Danianddelmania. It was interesting to read.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 14. October 2010 19:21 

Local Time:
Hantuchova's Search

Daniela Hantuchova caused some excitement. At her first day in Linz the Slovakian had lost her cell phone and employs the organizers with an hour-long search. In the evening suddenly came a text message with an apology: The mobile phone was in Hantuchova's pocket ...

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 75  Next