Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 1. April 2009 09:48 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 23:57
martin,
Thanks

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. April 2009 12:20 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 22:57
Thanks for the translation - at least she's not happy with her play and that Chaky played well.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2009 12:56 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 21:57

DUBAI, UAE - International news and current affairs network CNN was granted behind-the-scenes access when the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour staged its second "Iconic" photo shoot during the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships in March, giving correspondent Pedro Pinto the chance to ask some of the sport's biggest names how they felt about glamming it up.

World No.1 Serena Williams, Dinara Safina, Jelena Jankovic, Ana Ivanovic and Daniela Hantuchova were among the Tour stars that took time out from the practice courts to strut their stuff for world-renowned photographer Lorenzo Aguis, whose subjects have included Oscar-winning actress Angelina Jolie and chart-topping singers Madonna and Beyoncé.

"These days on the Tour there are so many gorgeous girls and I think it's great for our sport," said Hantuchova. The statuesque Slovak is one of the Tour's most experienced model-players, with shoots for publications such as Italian Vogue and the SI Swiumsuit Edition, as well as runway experience during Madrid Fashion Week, under her belt, but insists she never loses sight of the fact modeling is not her main job. "With the years I have learnt how to deal with these things better. Players need to be careful, especially when they are young."

Video:

Daniela's at the start and at 2 minutes & 5:40 minutes in.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. April 2009 22:54 

Local Time:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. April 2009 04:45 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 15:57

Site Admin
PostPosted: 6. April 2009 11:20 

Local Time:
From slovak press:

You are yet to defeat a top 20 player this season. Which match you feel the best about?
DH: Best feelings? Hmm, hard to say. This year there haven’t been such match. Maybe the struggle against Wickmayer at Indian Wells, where I saved two matchpoints and turned out the match. There I made some incredible shots, which didn’t happen in other matches.

Your new coach is Thomas Hogstedt. Why did you choose him?
DH: It’s only a trial, we’ll see after Miami if we want to continue. Thomas is a very experienced coach, he’s been on the tour for several years already, he knows players and their needs and most importantly he is an optimist. That’s what I need.

How do you feel about your tennis now? Is it comparable to how it felt before your heel injury?
Surely not. There is still a long way to get that feeling back.

At Indian Wells you reached 3rd round, 2nd round in Miami. Your goal for this season was getting back in the top 10, didn’t you reconsider?
DH: No, but there is a lot of work ahead of me. Currently I think top 10 is very distant, though. It is necessary to close my eyes and work hard.

What can you say about your conqueror from Indian Wells Bammer, who plays at a high level even after giving birth to her daughter?
DH: She played incredibly, she shoot me to pieces. And then she withdrew in the next round. Couldn’t she do that one round earlier? (laughter). I admire her, she doesn’t have as much talent, but compensates for it with hard work and perseverance.

In Miami there is always a lot of off-court activities. How was it this year?
DH: This year I tried to reduce any off-court activities to minimum and focus mainly on tennis. I only made a few photos and was saving energy for matches, but it was for naught anyway.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 6. April 2009 11:45 

Local Time:
thanks for posting. Though she seems rather sad and pessimistic or is it realistic. The comment about Bammer (abot retiring) struck me as odd coming from Daniela. It's what all the fans said, but we never expect Daniela to say it.
And the very last comment "it was for naught anyway" rather bleak.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. April 2009 13:06 

Local Time:
Another interview where they get their stats wrong, Daniela made the 4th round at IW not 3rd grrr...i'm surprised Daniela didn't correct the interviewer...

Like i've said many times this season, Daniela is not enjoying her tennis right now, she knows that she is a long way off her best tennis, which is encouraging as sometimes in the past Daniela was sometimes complacent.

Hopefully she can turn it around, the match against Makarova in Paris was a very good win it's just a case of whether she can bring it to every match now.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. April 2009 22:07 

Local Time:
Thanks for the interview, martin. It's not the cheeriest read as Daniela's a bit down and forlorn and her comment about needing an optimist imply she doesn't feel too positive or confident, at least not in the short term. She knows there's a long road ahead before she'd back to her best, but she will put in the work and make the sacrifices to get back to the top. Daniela needs a good win and a good run which would give her a big surge of confidence.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 9. April 2009 12:00 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 23:57
Match of the day

No. 8 Bethanie Mattek-Sands vs. Daniela Hantuchova When: 7 p.m. Where: Stadium court.

Mattek-Sands, the third-ranked American on the WTA Tour at No. 39, survived a three-set match with Marion Bartoli (No. 13 in the world) on Tuesday. Hantuchova is a former top-5 player looking to work her way back up the rankings after a heel stress fracture last season. Hantuchova won the only meeting between the two, in straight sets at the 2006 U.S. Open.

THREE QUESTIONS

Daniela Hantuchova

The 25-year-old Slovakian star, a wild card into the Ponte Vedra Beach tournament, is a former top-5 player on the WTA Tour. She recently made headlines as one of three Tour players to pose for the celebrated Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. She will face American Bethanie Mattek-Sands in the second round today.

Tell me about posing for the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue in the Dominican Republic: "It was an unbelievable honor to get asked, and it was a great experience, a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it. ... It was tough. Every day we had to wake up at 4 in the morning to catch the sunrise, and then sunset in the afternoon, so it was a long day's work. But compared to tennis, it's nothing. There's no physical work involved. So when you hear models complaining what a tough life they have, I think they should join us on the Tour for a few days, and then I think they would see what it really means to work hard."

What do you think of the new venue at Ponte Vedra Beach so far? "It's nice. It's very relaxing. I think the resort is very, very nice, and it's a great way to start working toward the clay-court season. I always like coming out here, because it's so much quieter, so much more relaxing. That's what you need after [the Sony Ericsson Open in] Miami."

You made the doubles final in the Australian Open [with Ai Sugiyama] and lost to Venus and Serena. Do you feel like that's a good way to start off your season? "We had so much fun. It was unbelievable, especially when we played like, I think, eight match points in the quarterfinals against the No. 1 seed. That was probably one of the best doubles matches I've ever played. Obviously, with Sugi, we were having so much fun."

FRANCINE KING/The Times-Union

Profile WWW

Site Admin
PostPosted: 15. April 2009 18:56 

Local Time:
Seems that Daniela isn't working with Hogstedt anymore, at least according to the Fed Cup captain of Slovakia. He didn't want to reveal any names, though, saying that it's Daniela's business to announce it officially.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2009 09:20 

Local Time:
This is unsurprising news. Hogstedt was working with Kohlschreiber in Monte Carlo and I don't see how a coach can work both WTA and ATP schedules. :|

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2009 23:45 

Local Time:

Daniela's new coach is Larry Passos, Guga Kuerten's former coach.

Ex-técnico de Guga irá treinar musa eslovaca

Getty Images

Hantuchova será treinada pelo brasileiro a partir dessa semana

O técnico Larri Passos aceitou o convite da eslovaca Daniela Hantuchova para treiná-la este ano no circuito profissional de tênis feminino. Os dois já estão juntos em Monte Carlo (Mônaco), onde reside a tenista.

» Kirilenko vai à final no
Torneio de Barcelona
» Nadal vence e pega Djokovic na final em Monte Carlo
» Comente a parceria entre
Larri Passos e Hantuchova

O ex-treinador de Gustavo Kuerten passou uma semana acompanhando a musa eslovaca, atual número 40 do ranking mundial. "A Daniela tem muitos objetivos em mente e é muito competitiva. Tanto que quando a perguntei sobre seus objetivos, a primeira coisa que ela me respondeu foi sobre o desejo de chegar entre as melhores do mundo de novo", disse Passos.

"Estamos trabalhando muito, principalmente o mental, porque as mulheres em geral se cobram demais e precisam saber lidar com isso", completou o treinador.

Nos próximos dias Larri Passos e Daniela Hantuchova seguem os preparativos para a Federation Cup. Daniela vai representar o seu país no confronto contra a França nos dias 25 e 26 e abril.

Passos is saying that Daniela is very competitive and when he asked her her goals, she said she wanted to be one of the best in the world. He also said that they'll work on the mental side of things.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 19. April 2009 07:21 

Local Time:
so when she said she wanted someone with more experience she has def. gone out and make it happen

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. April 2009 09:35 

Local Time:
Daniela taking the Marat Safin approach to coaching this season. :lol:

4 coaches in 6 months is an impressive effort! :pray:

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 75  Next