Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: French Open, Roland Garros
PostPosted: 27. May 2011 19:03 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 13:40
Daniela played superb today. She had a solid game plan that reflected Wozniacki’s weaknesses on clay, and what is more she EXECUTED it – something that she has struggled to do in the past.

Caro didn’t hit a single winner in the opening set which, for a world number 1, is frankly SHAMEFUL. Daniela, in comparison, had already hit 11 winners by the third change of ends, and 15 by the end of the opening set!

Whilst Wozniacki only committed 4 unforced errors in the opener, likewise Daniela only hit 6! Frequently Wozniacki relies on errors from her opponents, but today Daniela gave her nothing. Even on the break points in the opening set it was a conversion rate of 2 from 2.

This match is pleasing because Daniela knew what she had to do and just went out there and did it, with a lot of confidence. Wozniacki’s main strength is her movement, but this strength is reduced on the clay (where she moves least effectively compared to her beloved hardcourts). Daniela capitalised on this time and time again by dictating the points, knowing that she herself is not one of the best movers on the tour. Daniela just made Wozniacki look very average indeed.

In the second Daniela came into difficulty serving with a 4-1 lead, at 15-40, but she produced TWO aces to save them. Whilst she ended up losing the game, it was important to hault Wozniacki’s momentum. Similarly in the next game, whilst Daniela lost it, it was very competitive and this gave Daniela confidence going into her crucial service game still with a break lead at 4-3. Towards the end Wozniacki hit a few more unforced errors which certainly helped Daniela on some of the key points, but Daniela also hit some winners – she by no means stumbled across the finish line.

In all this is a really deserving win, and Daniela’s first over a reigning number 1. Moreover, she’s beaten someone who she has never beaten before, and a player who’s playing style I just don’t like – so all the better! Daniela has played really well in the main this year but some of her results just haven't quite reflected her level of play. This win certainly does reflect the level that she has maintained throughout much of the first half of this year.

With regards Wozniacki, she really needs to go back to the drawing board because with the current competitiveness of the WTA (Azarenka, Sharapova, Kvitova, Petkovic, return of Clijsters, and potentially the Williams’ sisters later this year), she’s going to struggle to win seven matches in a row at grand slam level.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. May 2011 19:27 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 14:40
only thomas can understand my first post :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock:

Ακριβώς !!!

No Williams, no Stosur, no Kim, no Wozniacki, what a huuuuuge chance
to go really deep into that tournament!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. May 2011 20:11 

Local Time:
Hantuchova satisfied: "I have the right to self-esteem"
Today 20:09 - PARIS
Source: SITA Foto: SITA

Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova in Friday's seventh attempt premiere of his career defeated incumbent leader of the WTA rankings.

"Beating the world leader, it always means a lot - and especially the grand slam tournament," said Daniela Hantuchova in a conference call for Slovak media after his unequivocal triumph 6-1, 6-3 over Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki at Roland Garros in Paris.

Semifinalist in Melbourne Australian Open 2008 Hantuchova, the fourth in the French city fought its way into the fourth round, also there was not yet. Attempts to change this in Sunday's battle with the local champion Svetlana Kuznetsova of predvlaňajška. Against Russia has a score 4:7, of which the slowest surface of 0:2. Last met on clay just over two years ago in Rome and to enforce two Petrohradčanka 6:3.

"Following today's victory, I think I have the right for self-confidence against any rival, but on the other hand, it is clear to me that it will be a rematch, which will start from scratch. In connection with Svetlana prefer to remember the 2007 finals in Indian Wells in which I beat it. We had already a lot of nice fights, but a long time we played together. I do not know what since pomenila on his game, yet to prepare for it. On clay it's very difficult rival. It is doing very well physically and play with more spin so manly, like tennis Stosur. Again I have to deliver maximum and see how it goes. I will have nothing to lose. Even today I have not. Fully enjoying it and I appreciate every moment in this tournament. I am is aware of what I put into it in preparation. Already, it's great. Today will be such a smaller celebration, but that time is not much. Starting tomorrow, the focus should be on the next game. I want to go as far as possible," said Hantuchova, which would be in the quarterfinals of the post in addition to old-new Slovakian unit waited for the successful duel Marion Bartoli (FRA-11) - Gisela Dulko (ARG).

Hantuchova on Friday, overcoming a sovereign Wozniacki, which revanšovala in Miami in March, at a press conference said: "Today I felt on the court very well and I would say it was one of the best matches in my career. I held the tactical plans. I did exactly what I had. With the coach we took over in detail before the game, my confidence was missing. I was really glad that I, with minor exceptions, managed to show off my game. súperkinom Even after tightening the 3:4 I was somehow concerned. It was clear to me that I must abide by what I held out throughout the match. Concentrate mainly on the gems in my administration, and play more aggressively. That was the key. Of course, with the result that I am very, very happy. I think that from my own losses with Caroline in Miami, I had better form. Additionally, I knew what when on my side was wrong, and I tried to take a lesson from it. In recent weeks, I played very well, showing off like a great tennis , and although I had a few tournaments out of luck on the ticket matches the end, I felt that my performance is at an appropriate level. It was only a matter of time. He has now arrived. working hard and it capitalizes on it, experience no less."

Year-old Hantuchova request na result push Friday in a broader context: "I think it points to the strength of the current women's tennis. It's very open and substantially to each tournament player can triumph ktorákoľvek. The Council itself as one of those that have a good chance . But I must stress that I do not look overly forward."

Svetlana Kuznetsova at the moment still did not know his rival osemfinálovú generally stated: "Now it will be difficult. We have had three rounds, has the following will be hard. I have to concentrate and play better. I do not at this tournament as the favorite. I see myself as a toy, which is quite as on clay and now looks towards the next match."
@ google translation.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. May 2011 21:07 

Local Time:
"I was really unlucky - I always had to face the Williams sisters."

Hantuchova explains her modest previous record in Grand Slams, which has seen her reach only one semi-final.

@

ITF Champion
PostPosted: 27. May 2011 23:55 

Local Time:
Well done Daniela. That was definitely the best I've ever seen her play. Although in the second set, Wozniaki did make a number of errors, in the first set, I thought it Daniela that WON the set rather than Wozniaki that lost it. Overall, a fine win & as other people have pointed out, her first win over a current no.1 ranked player.

:P :beer:

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. May 2011 12:41 

Local Time:
hey!! i saw in eurosport player you can watch the whole match again! so i could record it, did anyone know a good program to record from the screen?

wow great service from eurosport, didn't know that

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 28. May 2011 17:08 

Local Time:
For tomorrow, Suzanne Lenglen again !

11:00 AM Start
Men's Singles - 4th Round
Fabio Fognini(ITA) vs. Albert Montanes(ESP)

Women's Singles - 4th Round
Jelena Jankovic(SRB)[10] vs. Francesca Schiavone(ITA)[5]

Men's Singles - 4th Round
David Ferrer(ESP)[7] vs. Gael Monfils(FRA)[9]

Women's Singles - 4th Round
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[28] vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova(RUS)[13]

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. May 2011 17:12 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 23:40
I thought Daniela was in with a chance against Caroline considering that the RG courts seemed to be favouring the aggressor this year, but i definitely didn't expect such a comprehensive victory. It's going to be a pretty tight match against Kuznetsova... her results have been pretty up and down this season, but she seems to be hitting the nail on the head at RG. Daniela should be brimming with confidence and she knows she can beat Svetlana, so i'm expecting a high quality match.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. May 2011 17:39 

Local Time:
daniela must show her brilliant tennis from yesterday if she will have a chance against kuznetsova, she has so strong shots

but no matter what will happened tomorrow, i'm so proud of daniela and satisfied with her achievement

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2011 18:40 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova admitted that it ranked among the tournament favorite

Many thanks to coach

Do you have a fourth option to refer to the quarterfinals of Roland Garros. As you drive out the unit of the tournament, it's a greater chance than in the past? - We asked Daniela Hantuchova after her victory over Caroline Wozniacki.
"Now do not think about it. I'm enjoying this moment, the nice feeling that my game has produced. Over another rival, or the next game tied."

It will be Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova.
"I know that. Will be essential, as I'll play. Needs to maintain a high level of my game, its strengths."

You wish to play on the court Suzanne Lenglenovej what happened. Encourage you?
"I'm fit, the areola is fast. Suited to my game. Many thanks, however, one coach Matt Liptov citizens. Devised effective tactics, which I respected."

Nešokovalo you when you drive above the world so quickly won the first set 6-1?
"It was more shocked when it was 6:1 and 4:0. Also something I really expected. Then I hesitated a little while, but I went back to his game, which was important. Rival does not change anything."

In the past you with this rival three times they lost. What was this game different?
"I played better than last time in Miami. I eschewed the unnecessary mistakes. The key to success was bringing my example, but do not want to discuss all the shots."

This is the biggest win of your career because you beat the world leader?
"Certainly one of the largest and most important. For the important man can be, if he wins in the finals of some tournament."

Praised you in the form of past days and hoped that shoots to any great result. It was the one shot?
"It can be seen so. It is the result of hard work and all the training, what I focus on training. Similarly, well I already played in previous tournaments here and in the first two rounds."

Wozniacki to disqualify you from Clijsters dropped out of the tournament, Williams sisters are lacking. You belong among the favorite now?
"I hope I have one of them, though actually I do not think so. The tournament is open, it may be interesting to the end."

What is needed in addition to their villages of successful strikes?
"Self confidence. I have enough experience that I did not concern to any rival. Think of their name or quality, it would be a big mistake."

MATEJ LIPTÁK zverenku praised the tactics to be observed

Remained in the game room

Congratulations to take the Roland Garros complex on the 33-year-old Matthew Liptak, coach of Daniela Hantuchova. Also from us. Win over world number one to justify us.

"I am pleased that my optimism was outstanding. Not just because I coach and I believe in my victory zverenky. I saw Daniela match against Wozniacki in Miami, I came out of him in determining the tactics. It was important that it complied. Although there came a small hesitation in the second set, but I believed that if returned to his game and can win. Maintain in the game room, exercise his experience. The tactics only giveaway that we did not want to allow your Wozniacki played tennis from the baseline," said Fed Cup captain for us Matej Liptak. "Daniela's service was essential, but it also returns. Whether it's the biggest win? In particular, I believe that was the last great. If you will trust on the court, may be more important to win matches. That it will still emphasize."
@ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 00:45 

Local Time:
Kuznetsova's results since she got to the Dubai final haven't been great and she hasn't had the toughest of draws to get here although she won her matches easily enough.

Kuznetsova has beaten Daniela on clay the two times they played, she's got more power than Wozniacki and she won the title here two years ago. Daniela can't be complacent or have a letdown but she'll have gained so much confidence from beating Wozniacki and she's been playing very well on clay. Daniela's got to be prepared for a tough match but she's got momentum, so why not. This is a good chance for her to make this tournament even better.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 09:50 

Local Time:
Darn I hate the schedule! The three matches before her match could easily go the distance. Daniela may not even get on court today or they may move them to the bull ring court no.1 which I think we all agree that Daniela would prefer to stay on Suzanne Lenglen.

If they do get on court I can only see a maximum of 1.5 hours play so if it goes to 3 sets I can see the third being played tomo..anyway hope Daniela can stay focussed and enjoy the match. Again it's be fundamental that Daniela wins the first set.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 10:13 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 23:40
Darn I hate the schedule! The three matches before her match could easily go the distance. Daniela may not even get on court today or they may move them to the bull ring court no.1 which I think we all agree that Daniela would prefer to stay on Suzanne Lenglen.

If they do get on court I can only see a maximum of 1.5 hours play so if it goes to 3 sets I can see the third being played tomo..anyway hope Daniela can stay focussed and enjoy the match. Again it's be fundamental that Daniela wins the first set.

I'm not a fan of the schedule either! Watching from Australia means that the time Daniela plays will be especially awkward.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 12:20 

Local Time:
long first matches on both courts... :-?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 13:16 

Local Time:
I am pretty sure they will put dani on court 1 as two doubles matches have already finished with only two to go. I hope they do stream the match guys if they do put them there as there's not a camera on there atm due to it just being doubles. Really hope roland garros don't let us down!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next