Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome
PostPosted: 30. April 2010 14:38 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 04:34
It's not too bad a draw if she can get past Schiavone.

That,of course,is a very big if.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. April 2010 18:29 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 03:34
It certainly isnt the greatest draw for Daniela, but looking at the entry list she would have been a very very lucky girl to have got a good draw. Still Schiavone, is certainly beatable and on recent form I would never put it past her.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. April 2010 19:24 

Local Time:
Schiavone will be a difficult first round opponent as she won Marbella on clay and she helped Italy into the Fed Cup final so she's in good form and her confidence will be high, but I don't think she'll be happy with the draw. This is going to be a tough match and hopefully Daniela's fit. Daniela beat Schiavone the last time they played and Daniela's had great results and performances in her recent tournaments so she'll be confident of beating Schiavone. If Daniela beats Schiavone then the draw opens up and she can go on a nice run but she's got to beat Schiavone first.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. April 2010 21:20 

Local Time:
She will play on Sunday?

Hope it will be streamed. I would like to watch that match.

Everything in life happens for a reason

PostPosted: 30. April 2010 22:47 
Just realized why Daniela has this draw... It was Ivanovic helping out for it!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. April 2010 23:34 

Local Time:
It's not the worst draw in the world...

I think if Daniela's on her game Schiavone is definitely beatable. I think it's a good test for Daniela.

I think playing outdoor red clay is very different to indoor, so I hope Daniela has transitioned well.

I think 3rd round would a great result...if she was to play Wozniacki it would be really interesting...

Any win is a good win in these big tournaments. If Daniela can maintain her 17-24 bracket seeding for Roland Garros that'd be very nice.

A good run here or Madrid would be really fantastic as there's so much points up for grabs!

Still a bit disappointed she didn't enter Stuttgart, but ah well hope she can deliver over the next two weeks.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. May 2010 00:49 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 21:34
I don't like the draw at all, as not only is Schiavone going to be a difficult first opponent, but Maria Martinez would be a handful in a potential round two.

On another note, Schiavone is the rare player who is playing her best tennis ever, well into her late twenties. Something to keep in mind as Daniela just turned 27.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. May 2010 04:14 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 13:34
Ugh, not the best draw. It's going to be a hard slog just to get to the third round where she'd more likely than not meet Caroline and her first and second round opponents are definitely tricky, to say the least. Clay is probably Schiavone's favourite surface and she'd have a tonne of confidence having just won a tournament (albeit a smaller one) and helping Italy into the Fed Cup final and while Martinez Sanchez's form can be up and down she's crafty and that'll probably work to her advantage on a clay court.

I guess a good draw couldn't be expected though and it's not the worst. I consider Daniela a chance against most of her likely opponents especially if she can maintain the level of play she's had.

Hopefully she can gain a few points these next couple of tournaments because she's definitely a chance to move up in the rankings before RG.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. May 2010 14:58 

Local Time:
The weather in Rome is going to be terrible...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. May 2010 18:48 

Local Time:
On another note, Schiavone is the rare player who is playing her best tennis ever, well into her late twenties. Something to keep in mind as Daniela just turned 27.

It's an Italian thing, same with Pennetta.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. May 2010 19:55 

Local Time:
It's a good thing she only has a second round to defend, because I don't see her pulling this off. Francesca has the king of game Daniela hates, especially on clay, and she's going to have the whole crowd behind her. I really hope Daniela proves me wrong, but I doubt it..
Daniela is in a tough spot when it comes to her ranking. She needs some really good results to move up, but as long as she's unseeded at big tournaments, that's going to be difficult to do. Roland Garros is her last chance to pick up points, she has 4th rounds to defend at Wimbledon and the US open and she had decent results on the US hardcourts lat year, so I really wonder what her plan is. She keeps talking about getting back into the Top 10, but unless she wins a premier-level event and gets to the quarters or semis at the Slams, how is she going to make that happen??

Feedback please....

PostPosted: 1. May 2010 21:11 
Daniela was watching Nadal-Gulbis SF match!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. May 2010 21:23 

Local Time:
Absolutely! Although her results this year have so far been consistently good, so we must stay positive that more and better results like this are round the corner.

I think the WTA ranking poiints distribution has gone out of hand. It doesn't seem to reward consistency anymore. Below shows you why:

Rezai is only ahead of Daniela because she won the Bali tour of Champions at the end of 2009. I still don't know why Daniela didn't accept that wildcard!

Zheng is only ahead of Daniela because of Australian Open SF.

It's all very well doing a great week once or twice a year, but when people criticised Safina and Jankovic when they were no.1, I thought they were hard done by.

I'm not sure how Petrova is still ahead of Daniela as they did relatively similar in all the grand slam events over the last 18 months. The only exception is Nadia's quarter final appearance at AO which sneaks her ahead.

Daniela just needs to go far (ie. at least SF or RU or WIN) Rome or Madrid and she'll be right up there. I think Daniela is playing better than her rank for sure. She should be around the 16-19 ranking. However, big events on clay and hard court haven't been that great. Indian Wells was a real disapointment, although she was unlucky to play in really windy conditions.

However, there is a healthy 200 points gap between Daniela and A.Bondarenko who sits at no.25.

Basically the next 5 weeks is crucial. I also think Daniela should enter Birmingham and Ordina (although there more points at Eastbourne) and Wimbledon, and then skip Stanford. I think when Daniela has to make a choice between a big or small tournament that clash she should always pick the bigger one. ie. Eastbourne.

I think Daniela sometimes overlooks the amount of points on offer at tournaments. Sometimes you have to be a bit savvy when it comes to what tournaments one should enter. Definitely Radwanska and Wozniacki choose to enter lots of the tournaments that offer more points to prop up their ranking.

Unfortunately after Stuttgart, she is now losing touch of the top 20. There are over 200pts now between her and Peer at no.20.

PostPosted: 1. May 2010 23:13 
When you are a pro tennis player, the latest thing on your mind is the ranking poitns, specially when you enter a tournament.
Rome and Madrid are her last chances to enter Top 20 before Wimbledon. She will not play in Warsaw this year, so 200 pts take from her. She will go down the rankings again. So, the best she can do is a QF or SF in Rome + Madrid.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. May 2010 00:29 

Local Time:
Daniela was watching Nadal-Gulbis SF match! I'm sure it was her presence that helped push Rafa over the line. Thanks Daniela! :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next