Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Enter your Message here

banned
 Post subject: Re: Brisbane International, Brisbane
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 12:01 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 09:37
Yes, well, anyways, me thinks one should have more fulfillment in life than absolutely nothing. As in right now immediately, plane ticket equals yes/no, we know will never happen. There is no separation, or waiting. I was not impressed by what I saw. I was appalled. Crooked and poorly executed. Where is the *fair* opportunity to even take advantage of this? Clearly there is a grave mental deficiency she is not going to overcome.

You take what you have and you give it elsewhere. What for? How is this in the least bit a virtue? Obviously there was a great chasm in the choices she made. She has a coach who has no coaching experience and no experience with women's tennis. What are you thinking?

Yeah, this is an aspect of game I should really invest my good vacation time on.

Should have taken the heel option (obviously, as we cannot avoid what happens) but it wasn't like the time was ever going to be utilized. And she is happy with this. That is all there is to it.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 12:35 

Local Time:
|8. May 2024| 23:37
  Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 13:54 

Local Time:
|8. May 2024| 17:37
damn, probably not the best start to the season :(

hellene fan
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 15:35 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 00:37
I would only repeat myself.

:lol: :lol:
it doesn't seem as if much has change. Unfortunately. Without watching the match, I've seen enough of Daniela to believe that this match was mainly her making errors. Is Errani a good mover? If she is one of those players who get a lot back, she might have succeeded in frustrating Daniela enough, so that Daniela tried to hit winners way too often.

i am going with you about this

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 16:47 

Local Time:
I would only repeat myself.

:lol: :lol:
it doesn't seem as if much has change. Unfortunately. Without watching the match, I've seen enough of Daniela to believe that this match was mainly her making errors. Is Errani a good mover? If she is one of those players who get a lot back, she might have succeeded in frustrating Daniela enough, so that Daniela tried to hit winners way too often.

i am going with you about this

Yeah, she does not move bad, overall from what i saw from Errani (Portoroz SF vs. Wozniacki) i know that she doesn't move bad, and she does moonball very often. She plays the ball tricky but not with much pressure. Neither she's the one with da real big shots. She's rarely going for winners, so it seemes Danka made way too many mistakes.

Well Brisbane is death for me. I hope she'll do better in Sydney. She also started 2007 crappy and it was her best season. Go Danka.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 16:51 

Local Time:
Oh Dear, a bit of a disappointing result for Daniela in her latest sporting contest. :(

I'd say that Christina's analysis of the match is pretty accurate as Errani's a retriever that will get a lot of balls back, but doesn't have too much power to hit winners so it would be Daniela's performance that would decide the game. I felt when the draw was made that this match would be a good test of Daniela's level as she was playing someone that would make her play a lot of shots and it would test her hitting, her concentration and her stamina. I honestly thought that this would be a reasonably comfortable straight sets win for Daniela, which shows you what I know. Daniela started off well but was pegged back and her play just seemed to get worse the longer the match went on. I think if Daniela had won the first set 6-2 or 6-3 she'd have won the match comfortably, but because Errani was able to get back into it, her confidence would rise and she wouldn't be giving Daniela any easy points and make Daniela play long rallies. When Daniela's confident and in form, she'll win the majority of rallies against someone like Errani who won't hit loads of winners, but when she's not confident and doesn't have a good rhythm then Errani is a really bad opponent for Daniela, and so it proved. Losing to Jankovic or Zvonareva is one thing, it's another to lose to Errani.

The way Daniela collapsed in the third set could indicate that the heat got to her and it could be she wasn't completely healthy. That's a concern as while extreme heat as gotten to Daniela in the past (Toronto 05), in recent years, like her Indian Wells win, Daniela prospered in the heat while the opponent wilted. Not this time unfortunately. I hope it was the conditions that caused the collapse because the alternative, that Daniela lacked the will or confidence, is just too horrible to contemplate.

The worst thing about this is that this tournament was a great opportunity for Daniela to get points before the Australian Open because it's unlikely that she'll get to the semis this year so she'll take a hit in the rankings afterwards.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 16:58 

Local Time:
Yes, well, anyways, me thinks one should have more fulfillment in life than absolutely nothing. As in right now immediately, plane ticket equals yes/no, we know will never happen. There is no separation, or waiting. I was not impressed by what I saw. I was appalled. Crooked and poorly executed. Where is the *fair* opportunity to even take advantage of this? Clearly there is a grave mental deficiency she is not going to overcome.

You take what you have and you give it elsewhere. What for? How is this in the least bit a virtue? Obviously there was a great chasm in the choices she made. She has a coach who has no coaching experience and no experience with women's tennis. What are you thinking?

Yeah, this is an aspect of game I should really invest my good vacation time on.

Should have taken the heel option (obviously, as we cannot avoid what happens) but it wasn't like the time was ever going to be utilized. And she is happy with this. That is all there is to it.
Are you sure this is your first account on this forum?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 17:34 

Local Time:
|8. May 2024| 19:37
wow, Im out of words here... Bagel in the 3rd, that pretty much says everything. A horrible start... Im really worried about this year. I hope she can turn this around soon :|

ps: Come on Daniela! we believe in you! :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 17:42 

Local Time:
This is a really bad start. I feel as though Daniela is slipping from the top echelons of the game. She has a 2R to defend in Sydney (which isn't too bad), but if she performs badly at the Australian Open then her ranking will suffer. I would hate to see Daniela outside the top-forty, but it seems like that is where she is headed. If she finds herself in this position then she won't be making the cut for the top tournaments, and will rarely be seeded in any of the tournaments, which will mean tougher draws, and less of a chance of making an impact and winning big matches (which she managed to do in 2007).
I am hoping for a turn-around next week but with a greater amount of top players present, I can't see it happening. Let's just hope for a good Australian Open draw.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 18:45 

Local Time:
ORDER OF PLAY, TUESDAY 6 JANUARY, SHOW COURT 2

STARTING AT 10:30
GARBIN v KLEYBANOVA
BARTOLI v CZINK
NOT BEFORE 14:00
GABASHVILI v MATHIEU
REYNOLDS v NISHIKORI
FERGUSON/WEJNERT v HANTUCHOVA/SUGIYAMA
NOT BEFORE 18:00
BENNETEAU v SODERLING

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 19:37 

Local Time:
|8. May 2024| 19:37
I had fogotten that she was in doubles still... hope she has a good time there and doesnt take to hard the previous defeat.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 20:07 

Local Time:
What a start.
New season - same problems like last year.

I think there is a lot of hard work to do till the AO.
Not the fact that Daniela lost makes me frightened, but more the way, especially the third set looks horrible. :?

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 20:11 

Local Time:
Results of monday:
Singles - First Round

(1) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) d. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 6:4 6:2
Sara Errani (ITA) d. (4) Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) 6:7(1) 6:4 6:0
(5) Amélie Mauresmo (FRA) d. (WC) Jelena Dokic (AUS) 7:6(9) 7:6(5)
Olga Govortsova (BLR) d. (8) Francesca Schiavone (ITA) 7:5 6:2
Samantha Stosur (AUS) d. (9) Ai Sugiyama (JPN) 6:2 6:3
Tathiana Garbin (ITA) d. Sofia Arvidsson (SWE) 6:2 6:3
Lucie Safarova (CZE) d. (WC) Isabella Holland (AUS) 6:4 6:3
(Q) Roberta Vinci (ITA) d. (Q) Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER) 0:6 6:3 6:1
(Q) Melinda Czink (HUN) d. Alona Bondarenko (UKR) 7:6(3) 6:1
(Q) Sesil Karatantcheva (BUL) d. Iveta Benesova (CZE) 1:6 6:4 6:2
(LL) Julie Coin (FRA) d. Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) 7:5 6:7(5) 7:6(3)

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 21:22 

Local Time:
I think maybe Daniela's results are poor because she is aware of the pressure she is under in terms of defending points at the Australian Open. Maybe after the Australian Open, irrespective of her performance there, her results and her tennis will improve. It's almost like the effect that the number 1 ranking had on Ivanovic.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. January 2009 22:12 

Local Time:
|8. May 2024| 18:37
Oh!!! What did it happen??
I'm very disapointed, my expectations were pretty higher!!!

:( :( :( :( :(

My heart is in Danka's Racquet!!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next