Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Prudential Hong Kong Tennis Open, Hong Kong
PostPosted: 11. September 2014 15:13 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 13:02
Oh Daniela!!! :( Had 40-0 to level it to 5-5 in the 3rd (was 2-5 down) but lost 5 points in a row to lose the match....

This year has just been awful...

Kind of glad she lost that-the performance simply didn't merit a win,so many stupid errors. :cry:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. September 2014 17:42 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 07:02
Kind of glad she lost
I can never bring myself to say that. You and I just see things differently.
That said, this is going to take quite a while to let go of. May well have been delusional, but to me this was a winnable tournament, and there aren't any others left this year. The 2-5 to 4-5 40-0 is crushing enough...it was so looking like a phenominal comeback as of days of yore (as recent as last year in New York). Here's what's worse: Dani had won the last 4 games of the 1st set. At 1-1 in the second, she had break points. Not 2, or 3, or 4, or 5. 6! When that game got away, I could just see it coming. Immensely deflating. I love to say that hope springs eternal. For us as Daniela's most passionate fans, 2014 has been a year where all hope has sprung is a leak. :|

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. September 2014 17:54 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 20:02
worst year for Dani since 2009...I was hoping she can win a tournament every year but no tournaments left which I think she can win
----
:( :?: when will she win 2 straight rounds???

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2014 15:03 

Local Time:
I know we don't have a posting yet for Tokyo, but that draw just came out. Daniela gets the dreaded qualifier, and if she survives that, it's Caroline. Hope to put this Hong Kong downer behind us and see Dani suddenly find her better form and make a long awaited run. She again is skipping doubles.

The qualifier is about the worst one possible; Gajdosova. Second match on center court after Domi faces Flipkens.
Daniela moved up 2 spots to #55 in this week's rankings.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2014 05:23 

Local Time:
TOKYO

VS GADJOSOVA

2-5 down, Jarmilla serving huge..Daniela double-faulted 5 times already. Both good off the ground, very short rallies, very fast service.

Jarmilla is playing amazing, massive winners..poor Daniela she hasn't the power or consistency for me to see her win this...Daniela gets her first break point but too good from Jarmilla 2-6...very bad matchup for Daniela...

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. September 2014 05:34 

Local Time:
She's down 2-6...she needs to levelup her first serve lots of DF

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2014 07:34 

Local Time:
Another heartbteakong loss...got it back 1-4 to 5-4 in the 3rd only to lose next 3 games...I really think she will retire end of this year. She looks so unhappy, gorgeous but unhappy.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2014 08:04 

Local Time:
There must be a physical issue-since when does she serve 14 DFs in a match-6 in the crucial games of the 3rd set?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2014 13:28 

Local Time:
I didn't see anything wrong with her physically, if anything she was moving better and anticipating quicker than I've seen for a while.

To be honest she played a good match in most parts...she started off slow and Gadjosova was brilliant but the 2nd set Daniela was much better. There were 3 games in the match where Daniela hit 3 double faults in each of them...I think she is just trying to go for more on her 2nd serve these days especially against power players so that's why there are more of them. The game Daniela should have won was when she had 3 break points albeit non consecutive in the 2nd game of the 3rd set. Daniela had momentum from the 2nd set and Gadjosova was spraying...but it just didn't happen for Daniela.

I wouldn't be concerned if she seemed like she was enjoying herself out there but she looks like a lost puppy dog and it simply can't be fun putting all that training and hard work in for very little reward. It must be exhausting travelling so much too, as she's such a journeywoman at the moment.

I think her new coach seems to be helping her to become more aggressive so maybe it will just take time and hopefully Wuhan will be better...I'm just so sad that this year has been such a disaster. You just feel that with Daniela she just needs one awesome tournament and everything will be ok. But we haven't had that this year at all.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2014 14:31 

Local Time:
Must disagree with you on the movement eddy-too many examples of abysmal footwork.

It was certainly one of the more interesting matches Daniela has played this year-I'll write more when I return from the cinema.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2014 16:40 

Local Time:
Another day, another stomach turning defeat. Daniela needs the Good Lord to shine upon her. So frustrating that I don't have any more to say.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. September 2014 19:28 

Local Time:
there are 2 more months left and we'll see what happen to Dani but I'm not expecting much for Dani right now. I want to pause for a while following her results but still whenever there's a chance I still watch her livestreams

hopefully she's just adjusting from her new coach

She needs a back to back wins and I can't remember when was the last time

Oh Dani :?

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. September 2014 23:55 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 12:02
Two pretty depressing tournaments where Daniela gets beaten by very average players. She had the chance to win both of these matches deep in the third but just couldn't take them and these were the sort of matches she won in the past. Of course, most of the time in the past she'd have won these matches in straight sets.
I had a few things that came up that kept me away for a while so I'm sorry that I wasn't able to set up a Tokyo thread although it didn't really matter in the end. It would be fantastic if Daniela if Daniela could salvage something from this year and she's shown incredible resilience throughout her career but this year has mostly been one to forget.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2