Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: World Team Tennis
PostPosted: 12. July 2014 19:30 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 05:49
The Aviators are a home to Boston Lobsters tonight. Boston have lost all their matches so far and their singles player for their recent matches has been Caitlin Whoriskey. I think she's only won one game so far so Daniela should beat her pretty easily. Megan Moulton-Levy is Boston's doubles player. San Diego should win this.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. July 2014 02:54 

Local Time:
|21. May 2024| 23:49
Alex, If I remember correctly you have referenced doing some sports announcing. A s I read your report from the last WTT match it was so thorough that I couldn't tell if you were doing it Ronald Reagon style from stats or if you found a live stream somewhere other than ESPN3 which only plays 1 selected event a night and Daniela won't be broadcast until Tuesday night.

I was hoping to find a livestream for tonights match Boston.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. July 2014 06:04 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 00:49
Thanks, Sail8. Not doing it from a stream, just the WTT site live scores. I wish I had better news to report.
Singles: Either Whoriskey was disqualified because too many fans would have wanted to buy a vowel to replace the 5th letter of her name, or Coco Vandeweghe decided she wanted some Sun and fun in San Diego, because she showed up and beat Daniela, 5-4. There were some positive things. 1st serve was 73% and she won 68% of those points. Dani had 2 DF'S, but won the game they came in. It looked like it would be the only game she'd win. Coco had 5 aces and blew out to a 4-1 lead, then had a MP on Dani's serve, a deciding point. Daniela won it, then saved either 2 or 3 more (the live score skipped from 2-1 Coco to 3-2, so it could have been 3-1) to achieve the break. Daniela held, tossing in her only ace, tying it up at 4. You have to get to five to win a set that gets to 4 all. Daniela came back from 2-0 to 2-2, but Coco won the last three points. Boston had won men's singles, and after Daniela's match, lead 10-7.
The Aviators chose to switch mixed and men's doubles after the men's debacle against Texas, and they won, closing Boston's lead to 13-12, making Dani's doubles pivotal.
Doubles: Now……Aaaaahh, there's good news tonight! After dropping the first game to Coco/Moulton-Levy, Daniela and Kveta swept the board, 5-1! Dani held both her service games without much difficulty, adding on an ace with no DF's and 71% first serve. Her second service game closed out the match. Well done! San Diego leads 17-14 with only mixed left.
After a major scare in mixed, where Boston led 4-1/3-2, with two shots to win the contest outright, Kveta/Klassen won deciding points in each of the next two games, then won an overtime game forced by Boston winning mixed. Final score: San Diego 21, Boston 19. (Which means that the 3 games Daniela won in her singles comeback were huge!)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. July 2014 12:00 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 06:49
Thank goodness the Aviators won that tie otherwise that would have been embarrassing!

I feel like Daniela is getting to grips with WTT. Vandeweghe has played lots of WTT before so a 5-4 loss isn't too bad considering Daniela is new to WTT and the scoring system and speed of play probably doesn't suit Daniela too much. Maybe that's why she decided to do it this year as a change and maybe when she goes back to the regular tour matches she'll have a fresh mentality to the normal scoring. I may be wrong but In WTT I don't think you can think too much about each point it's seems to be more about putting the first strike in early. This may help Daniela as often I think she takes too much time between points. I often think Daniela plays better when she keeps things simple.We'll see what happens in Stanford in a few weeks time.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. July 2014 14:53 

Local Time:
Vandeweghe's a big hitter who's had some good wins in her career so if she gets hot then she can be a tough opponent as she doesn't have to sustain her level or consistency for that long. Vandeweghe's first serve was very strong winning 87% and she won 55% on second serve. Daniela did break her though when she was serving for the match and came back from 4-1 to tie it at 4-4 before Vandeweghe served it out. Vangeweghe won 30 points compared to 22 for Daniela and Daniela won both the 3 all points in the match. Good match practice if nothing else and it's an upmarket version of a practice set she'd play in practice at a tournament.

Daniela's first serve stats were good in both singles and doubles but her second serve was vulnerable as she won only 2 out of 7. Daniela was strong in doubles again winning that 5-1. Daniela & Peschke would make a good team on tour.

The Aviators won the tie but it would have been a lot better if Daniela had won her singles.
Now it's going to be a big road trip for the next week starting against Texas tonight. It should be Daniela against Medina Garrigues in singles.

Match stats:

Thanks for the report, Alex.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. July 2014 20:16 

Local Time:
Anytime, guys. Long since figured out that when Daniela is gracing America with her presence, it's the middle of the night where many of you are. Happy to provide info.
We can't project what goes on in WTT into regular tour play, of course. However, has Dani won 4 out of 5 doubles matches with anyone since Aga? Maybe Kveta is worth giving a try starting at Stanford. :idea:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. July 2014 04:33 

Local Time:
In Washington tonight, Hingis just wasted Taylor Townsend, 5-1, breaking the serve that was so invincible against Daniela twice. S--t happens even in WTT, guys.
In Dallas, order of play is different (pretty obvious that the home team sets the order). Ergo, Dani/Kveta are 2nd up, with Texas having won mixed 5-3.
Doubles: Phooey. 5-3 for Anabel/Jurak. Both Daniela and Kveta got broke first time around. They got the first one back but never overcame the second. Dani was 7-11 first serve in but her team only won 4 of the 7 points. 2-4 on 2nd serve points, no aces or DF's. Texas now leads 10-6. Daniela will go in singles after men's singles.
Somdev Devverman, down 2-0 and on the verge of getting the Aviators blown right out of the building, won 2 straight deciding points and went on to a 5-3 win, cutting the Texas lead to 13-11.
Singles: In honor of Germany's victory, we shall term Daniela's performance Umwerfend! Our gal dropped the first game on Anabel's serve, and then Dallas heard Daniela roar! She swept the next 5 games. :beer: 1 ace, 1DF, 13-17 (76%) 1st serve in, won 10 of those points (77%), 2-4 again on 2nd serve. Wish she treated all her ex doubles partners like this! Hopefully she will tomorrow in Washington. Daniela's overall record: 2-4 singles, 4-2 doubles. With men's doubles left, the Aviators lead 16-14.
Unlike last time, Devverman/Klaasen got the job done, 5-4. Final score: San Diego 21, Texas 18. How about this, guys? Daniela is a key player on a first place team! Aviators passed Texas in the Western Conference standings with this victory.
BTW, Umwerfend translates to magnificent. That's Daniela through and through.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. July 2014 14:43 

Local Time:
A good win by Daniela, got the job done efficiently and she served well which really helped. Her win in singles was crucial in San Diego winning the tie.

Once again, thanks for the report Alex.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. July 2014 16:49 

Local Time:
Both tonight and tomorrow's matches are live stream via ESPN3 and the WTT site. I hope I can get it to work, as I am pumped at the possibility that Daniela might beat Hingis' brains in!

Would be remiss if I did not say congrats to an old favorite of mine, Lindsay Davenport, on her induction to the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Richly deserved. I'm sure Daniela is happy for her old friend.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. July 2014 22:54 

Local Time:
I don't follow WTT that closely,but is there a final match between the winners of each group?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. July 2014 00:04 

Local Time:
Free Livestream anyone???

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. July 2014 01:48 

Local Time:
Daniela and Kveta went second up against Hingis/Rodionova. San Diego won the men's singles 5-4, and thankfully took 39 minutes to do it, because I was out of town and thought I would miss it.
Doubles: With your permission, Chungwit, I will use a line of yours from a couple of Hingis doubles losses after she split with Daniela.
It must have been Daniela's fault that Hingis lost!!
WHOOOOO -HOOOOO!!!

5-3 Dani/Kveta. Down 2-1, they broke on Martina's serve to tie it, then at 4-3, they broke her again to clinch. Hingis had 2DF'S and went 1-7 on points scored on a first serve in.
Dani was 67% 1st serves in, 5-8 making points that way, and 3-4 on 2nd serves. No DF'S or aces. They lost 2 deciding points, or else this could have been a bloodletting. But it's sure satisfying, no matter what! This gave the Aviators a 10-7 lead. Washington is not only 5-0 this year, they have won 16 straight carrying over from last year, including the WTT championship.
Mixed doubles went to Hingis and Paes, 5-2, tying the overall score at 12. Women's singles next, and it will be pivotal.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. July 2014 02:10 

Local Time:
Free Livestream anyone???
I have it on the WTT website via ESPN3. I don't know about across the pond, eddy, but it's free for me. This is exactly when you want to beam it up, as it will be Daniela vs. Hingis next. Mine is cutting in and out, but it's a great picture when it does work.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. July 2014 02:20 

Local Time:
Thanks but doesnt work in uk, how's she playing????

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. July 2014 02:47 

Local Time:
Singles....Dani wins the first two games, Hingis the next two. Daniela is dead serious. She's pumping fists after every point she wins, once even before she gained her break, which unfortunately she gave back.
With a strong serve and exquisite backhand, Dani held on deciding point. Hingis then had a terrible service game, with Dani starting it with a wowsa-wowsa forehand as she had run off the playing surface, down the line. 4-2 for our gal, serving for the match.
Is it ever easy? Break out the Bromo Seltzer. Daniela falls behind 0-3 on serve. And she....
WON!!!
Some clutch shotmaking, a couple of UE's by Hingis, and the Priceless Smile lights up the nation's capital! San Diego is in position for a large upset, up 17-14.
Feel bad for ya, eddy. You would have loved this. Fire still blazes in Daniela's belly!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next