Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: World Team Tennis
PostPosted: 15. July 2014 02:59 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 17:32
Thanks Alex, down to men's doubles....can't wait to see the highlights!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. July 2014 03:31 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 11:32
Some singles stats: 11-14 1st serves in, 11 points won on first serve, 3-6 on 2nd serve, no aces and 1DF. One I kept in my head: 3-3 on net points, and Daniela looked awfully good on those. She looked awfully good, period.
Men's doubles won by the Aviators……they have rocked the WTT universe! Final score: San Diego 22, Washington 18.
I know it's WTT and it means squat diddly for rankings and all that. But, call me looney (hey, you do anyway!), but guys, I am as happy to be a fan of Daniela's tonight than since New York or Carlsbad!
One more time: It really must have been Daniela's fault that Hingis, and the Kastles, lost! :lol:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. July 2014 13:59 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 16:32
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:
A really good win by Daniela who was absolutely crucial in San Diego ending Washington's 18 match winning streak, winning both singles and doubles and beating Hingis again. Daniela's best performance in WTT so far.

Wouldn't it be great if Daniela could play Hingis every week.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. July 2014 15:24 

Local Time:
A brilliant win, Daniela looks like she's found her way now with WTT.

The highlights are awful, literally don't see a single point just celebrations, did anyone record the match?

If yes please upload!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. July 2014 17:44 

Local Time:
There's some notable Hingis hating going on Daniela's FB page. My feeling initially was to gloat, and I guess I did a little last night. Upon reflection, as the one year anniversary approaches of that magical night in Carlsbad, Daniela chatted with and signed for me even more willingly than normal because she was in a giddy mood after her first time playing with Hingis. Had I went to see her and her doubles partner was Anabel or Sheila Shlobotnik, it would not have been anywhere near as incredible as it ended up being. So I am grateful for Martina choosing to come back to play with Dani and making Carlsbad the site.
That said, she is free to play just as badly against Daniela in the WTT championship match should it come to that!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. July 2014 23:12 

Local Time:
San Diego Aviators
1 hr ·
Want to chat with Daniela Hantuchová? Join our Twitter chat tonight during half-time! The Aviators play the Philadelphia Freedoms at 7 pm ET. Watch the live stream on ESPN3 or on our website.
Tweet your questions to @SDAVIATORS with the hashtag ‪#‎MYLANACES‬, and you may get a response from Dani!

@ Aviators facebook.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. July 2014 01:32 

Local Time:
I'm beginning to wonder if Daniela should hop a flight every day. She is blazing hot right now!
Doubles: 5-1 Daniela/Kveta over Huber/Vika, who was making her triumphant return to WTT...or so she might have thought. Daniela held both her serves with relative ease. She came up with some brilliant shots, but Kveta was amazing. I had never paid attention to her before, and had no idea she is 39 and the 2011 Wimbledon doubles champ. I saw why tonight. Exceptional anticipation at the net. And in an interview afterwards, she praised Dani effusively!
Doubles stats: 73% 1st serves in (this has been nicely consistent for days), 6-8 points won on 1st serve and 3-4 on 2nd (getting better all the time), no aces, 1 non-costly DF. Combined with men's doubles, San Diego leads 10-4.
Kveta's 39, Huber 37. Maybe we'll have Daniela to root for a lot longer than we have thought! :D

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. July 2014 02:21 

Local Time:
Great doubles!

Tough one for Daniela in singles there. lost to Azarenka 5-3 but had 3-3 points to try and get back to 4-4...but couldn't take it. Down to the mixed once more!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. July 2014 02:27 

Local Time:
Singles: Daniela was broken in the first game, but got it right back with a big return down the line, followed on break point by a gorgeous offensive lob. Both held for 2-2. Dani held strongly. Vika replied with a 0 service game, 3 all.
In that game and the next two, Azarenka went nuts with some outrageous winners. Dani led 3-1 on serve and got all 3 (all 7 in the game) 1st serves in, only to see Azarenka at her best. She served for the match, made more ridiculous shots for 3 MP' s. Daniela saved one on a 2nd serve, then Vika double faulted twice in a row. Of course, with possibly the match on the line after all these ugly serves, Azarenka blisters the next one for a winner. 5-3 for the screamer. Daniela was right there with her. Dang it. San Diego's lead is down to 15-14.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. July 2014 03:00 

Local Time:
WHY DIDN'T OVERTIME HAPPEN?

Overtime
Overtime eliminates the possibility of the final sets becoming exhibitions. If the team ahead in the cumulative score wins the final game of the last set, then that team is the winner. If, however, the trailing team wins the final set, the match is sent into overtime and continues until, a) the leading team wins one game, or b) the trailing team ties the match score. If the score becomes tied, the match is decided by a Supertiebreaker.

The Freedoms won the final set and they were trailing before the last set so don't understand why it didn't go to overtime.

Sorry but the WTT scoring system SUCKS

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. July 2014 03:09 

Local Time:
Daniela's singles stats: I'm not making this up. 17-18 1st serves in (94%)! Overall she was 86% 1st serves in. Yet in singles she only won 10-18 (56%).
Very satisfied with what I have seen the last two nights. The way WTT works, Daniela can't possibly have time to practice or work with whoever her coach of the month is. Yet her biggest problem all year, 1st service, is suddenly a strength. You figure it out. Sure hope it carries over when real tournaments resume.
Mixed led 3-2 up a break, then lost last 3. Einstein would have trouble with the scoring rules, eddy, so you're not alone. But it's a bad loss for the Aviators for this reason: They get back home July 20 for their last 3 matches. There's a day off in the midst of it. Should they win the Western Division, they would host a playoff round on July 24. If they win that, they will host the championship match on July 27 (my wonderful wife's birthday). That way, Daniela is in San Diego for a week with three days off and no travelling. She can be on a championship team and not be rushed or overtired heading up the coast to Stanford on a high. Finishing 2nd, they'd have to travel for the first playoff round. So winning the division is big for Dani for a lot of reasons.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. July 2014 11:37 

Local Time:
It would have been great to get a win last night but it wasn't to be. Daniela played well last night but by all accounts Azarenka was amazing in the singles match. Daniela's playing better and getting used to the format a bit but she's also getting sustained match practice and getting battle hardened. i want her to do well in WTT but if she plays well when the tour starts again then that's fantastic.

The Bryans will be playing for San Diego in the last week which should guarantee the Aviators a win in mens doubles if nothing else.

Thanks for the report and updates, Alex and eddy.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. July 2014 12:12 

Local Time:
So does anyone understand why there was no overtime? In a previous match I think against the Austin aces San Diego Aviators were one point in the lead after the 5th but then lost the match as overtime was played.

Alex are you able to explain?
Thanks

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. July 2014 17:24 

Local Time:
I can, eddy. Simply put, Philadelphia won the tie straight up by winning the mixed 5-3 to give them the 19-18 win. They only use overtime if the tie is tied after the final match or if the team that wins the final match, in last night's case the mixed, was behind going into that match and is still behind after winning the final match. Is it logical? This is the USA we're talking about! It's all contrived by suits who want fans to stay until the end (to of course buy more beers, hot dogs and souvenirs). In the end, while I would like to see Daniela feel the excitement of winning a championship as part of a team, like a lesser version of Fed Cup, it only really matters how she plays and if she can avoid injury. From what I saw the last two nights, she looks healthy and happy (after doubles and a TV interview last night, Dani and Kveta couldn't stop giggling!).

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. July 2014 18:45 

Local Time:
God,Azarenka was obnoxious last night. And that tweet about kicking serious booty,when they won by the odd game in 37................................... :roll: .

SomDev really mugged it up in the singles last night,and that really turned the course of the tie.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next