Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Family Circle Cup, Charleston
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 19:37 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 00:47
Daniela generally was staying in the point more and waiting for the right time to hit the winner or try a angled shot or drop shot. Was great to see. Daniela certainly isn't one dimensional at all :)

Can't decide who Daniela has the best chance to beat in the quarters Cepelova or Vesnina-any thoughts?? Maybe Vesnina so there isn't any Slovakian tension!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 19:40 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 22:47
A very good win from Daniela. I am sure that this 3 wins in a row might provide her the confidence that she needed to achieve good results again.

Next up is Vesnina or Cepelova. With Vesnina she has a 1-1 H2H, with the last match being in 2007 where Daniela withdrew. She reached 2R of Miami winning against Riske and losing 7-5, 6-3 to Radwanska. Cepelova, besides the big win over Serena here, won already in Doha against Stosur and has a 8-8 record this year. Both are beatable if Daniela plays her best. Lets cross our fingers. The good news is that if Vesnina doesn't do better than Daniela, she will be #30 next week, for sure :D

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 20:07 

Local Time:
Daniela generally was staying in the point more and waiting for the right time to hit the winner or try a angled shot or drop shot. Was great to see. Daniela certainly isn't one dimensional at all :)

Can't decide who Daniela has the best chance to beat in the quarters Cepelova or Vesnina-any thoughts?? Maybe Vesnina so there isn't any Slovakian tension!

I would prefer Vesnina. She has a 49-44 record in Clay against the 47-27 of Cepelova. And, for sure, that Cepelova will be very motivated after winning against Serena.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 21:03 

Local Time:
An all Slovakian showdown it is then as Cepelova just beat Vesnina in 3 sets...

Hope it will be a day match on Billie Jean King court. Daniela will need to look out for all those drop shots. Cepelova's favourite surface is clay but she's had three very tough matches so may be tired and in an interview complained of arm pain...Daniela needs to play smart, a massive match here for Daniela to get valuable points and maintain her top 32 ranking.

Venus just lost so always a great tournament when Daniela does better than both William sisters!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 22:56 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 23:47
Hantuchova has the form

Charleston 3 April (TASR) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova a sovereign way it fought its way to the singles finals at the WTA tournament on green clay court in the U.S. Charleston ($ 700,000 prize). Zverenka Swedish coach Peter Lundgren in the third round as deployed twelve consulted Brazílčankou Teliana Pereirovou for 81 minutes smooth in straight sets 6:2 and 6:3. The duel of the procedure to be added to the final Slovak derby when Jana Čepelová conquering Russia Yelena Vesnina.

"Finally I managed this year to advance to the quarterfinals, moreover, on clay, which is not exactly my best surface. I am very pleased that it is beginning to be working with coach Peter Lundgren, who is trying to change my game in some things. Pereirová can be very uncomfortable, as demonstrated in the match with Cirsteovou, which I saw with my own eyes. I had to play aggressively and not to release it to the game," she told TASR Slovak duo, who are eagerly waiting for its grueling finals." It would please me if I played against Janke Čepelová. Derby matches always tend to be interesting. If Vesnina, also expect a tough match. Jelena is an experienced and skilful, clay loves, moves well. "

@ google translate

Čepelová should never wear to the joy of victory. "It was a very difficult match. Vesnina me from beginning to end pushed, there were many exchanges.'m Very glad that I state for 5:6 and 0:40 away three setbaly and opening act won. In the second set Vesnina had good moments and deservedly got it in your favor. In the third set it was a fight for every ball and I am pleased that the successful end for me. Already from the match with Serena, which I did a counter-bad, feel pain in my left leg. started me solidify and I could not even straighten his leg, fortunately, helped me a day off the pills. Already looking forward to the finals against Daniela. In Fed Cup are on the same team, but we never played together. Hopefully I win," said the young Slovak TASR.

@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 23:06 

Local Time:
Daniela's the evening match on Billie Jean King with play not before 7pm.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 23:53 

Local Time:
Night match not great as Cepelova beat Serena in the night match...but it is what it is and maybe Cepelova's leg injury will hamper her movement a bit so Daniela can take advantage and exploit that...but overall Daniela should come through...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. April 2014 00:50 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 18:47
I would prefer Cepelova, even though her lifetime clay record is so good. In the last couple of years, it seems that Daniela has had more problems with players that she has never faced. I would have to do a lot of dipping into the archives to find when she beat 3 of those in a row like this week. While she has not played against Jana, Dani knows her game from Fed Cup, and that could be helpful. Not looking for anything but a tough match since Jana handles clay so well, is red hot and would know Daniela's style as well.
Now I know full well not to say this, so I am bringing in a substitute for this comment.
Welcome to the Forum, Mr. Anicet Lavodrama.
Thanks so much, Alex! I feel that I know quite a bit about this sport. My observation is that there is no one left in this tournament that Ms. Hantuchova cannot beat.
Much obliged, Mr. Lavodrama. Hope you didn't put the jinx on Daniela.
Perish the thought, Alex!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. April 2014 05:41 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 18:47
I got a chance to watch highlights of today and of the Rogers match. WOW! Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Daniela is crushing it, both forehand and backhand. She's moving the opponent around, controlling. She's painting the lines. She's taking the net way more than usual. And the fist pumps are often multiple after a winner, a super good sign to me! Can things only get better? Sure hoping so.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. April 2014 14:49 

Local Time:
I'd have preferred an earlier match as Daniela's done well so far when she's been first on court, plus it would give Cepelova a bit less time to recover. Daniela is such an icon of Slovakian tennis and sport and a mainstay and dominant presence in the Fed Cup team so there could be a bit of deference on Cepelova's part. Cepelova was 8 when Daniela first won Indian Wells. However, I don't think Cepelova will be overawed by the occasion as she had a great win against Jovanovski in the Fed Cup last year and she beat Stosur in Doha in February and Serena Williams here plus she'll see this as a great chance for a big win. At the same time Daniela will know about Cepelova's game from Fed Cup and she'll see this a big opportunity and she'll be so motivated.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 4. April 2014 15:30 

Local Time:
I just saw the highlights of the match against Pereira and WOW. Even the commentator was delighted. I lost track of how many times he used the word "superb" to describe the performance of Dani. I think that Cepelova will be a tricky opponent but, if Daniela plays like she has been playing here I see no reason for her not to reach the SF.

And it's my 500th post so, I hope 500 is a Lucky Charm for Dani :beer:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 00:48 

Local Time:
Bencic just gave Errani a beasting so she's the semi-final opponent for the winner of Daniela's match. It'll probably take a few minutes longer than normal to start as all the day session spectators will have to leave and all the evening session people to get in.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 01:12 

Local Time:
Singles quarter-final:

0-1, Cepelova holds on her 3rd GP after 2 deuces.
1-1, Daniela holds to 15.
1-2, Daniela had 3 BPs but Cepelova holds, game lasted about 8 minutes.
2-2, Daniela holds on her 3rd GP after a couple of deuces.
2-3, Cepelova holds to 0.
2-4, Daniela had a GP at 40-30 but Cepelova won the next 3 points. Not too many 1st serves that game.
2-5, Cepelova holds to 30, she's playing well at the moment.
2-6, Cepelova breaks on her 3rd set point. Daniela's making a lot of errors at the moment while Cepelova is really solid right now.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 01:56 

Local Time:
ouch :( Cepelova is playing quite well at the moment but, still,too many UE from Dani.
Regroup Dani, cmon.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 01:58 

Local Time:
2nd set:

0-1, Cepelova holds to 15.
0-2, Cepelova breaks to 15.
0-3, Cepelova holds to 30, Daniela put a volley in the net on GP, she's making a lot of errors at the moment.
1-3, Daniela saves a BP to hold. Crucial hold but Daniela has to get a break soon.
1-4, Cepelova holds to 0. Daniela looks so frustrated and angry.
1-5, Daniela comes back from 0-40 to deuce but Cepelova wins the next 2 points.
1-6, Cepelova wins on her 2nd MP.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next