Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Qatar Total Open, Doha
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 22:32 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 12:20
This is mortifying, numbing. So many things have happened to Daniela that she doesn't deserve, now this. I'll try to not freak out until we know more. Pray that it's not horrific, but right now, all I want is that this wonderful person is not in terrible pain and in tears.

Now you know why I hate Fed Cup, why not make it a big one week knockout competition after the US OPEN? That would be so exciting!

If memory serves correctly, years ago that's how it was done; one week at one site. I really don't think that there's a link here. Dani only played once in Brataslava and had only been in that one match in the last two weeks. With Domi, maybe Fed Cup was a factor.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 23:00 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 18:20
This is awful in every possible way. I just hope the injury isn't too bad, but given the luck Daniela's had over the past few years it probably will be.
I got the match from 5-3 and Ivanovic won the two games fairly easily to get to 5-5. The next game was pretty long with lots of deuces although Daniela never had a BP. She had 4 GPs in the next game on serve to take it into a tiebreak but couldn't and she was grimacing and seemed hampered by the injury. Ivanovic held in the first game of the second set and I had to go for a few minutes and when I got back Daniela had retired.
It hurts that Daniela lost a close set that she served for and had chances to take into a tiebreak, it hurts even more that she had to retire.

This is just so depressing and dispiriting. Daniela's a strong and resilient woman, she'll be back, but the injuries are mounting up. I hope that this isn't serious but she shouldn't come back before she's ready. It's better to miss a couple of tournaments and come back fully recovered than try to play through it, make it worse and miss even more time.

Daniela & Dominika both played Fed Cup and had to retire today, Ivanovic sat it out and is in the next round.

On BTSport Nigel Sears will be commentating so that'll interesting seeing as he has been the former coach for both players. I'm sure he will be very impartial and feel rather awkward. Hopefully Anne Keothavong can ask him lots of uncomfortable questions to see who he preferd haha.

If Sears was any good he'd be out coaching somebody rather than sitting around talking out his arse. All he does is fuck players up, fuck him.

You may have guessed I don't like him.

I refuse to listen to any matches with him commentating. I tried it once in the match against Tomljanovic,and he was such an arse it was unbelievable. Kept on and on about Daniela making cheap errors,although it was nothing like as bad as when he was coaching her. :roll:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2014 02:25 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 17:20
I wouldn't piss on Sears if he was on fire, but that's only because I don't piss petrol. What a cunt he is, I hope he gets gang raped by aids-infected warthogs.

If Sears got fished out of a river, I'd probably be a suspect, but on the bright side, fucking Sears is fished out of a river.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. February 2014 02:49 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 11:20
I wouldn't piss on Sears if he was on fire, but that's only because I don't piss petrol. What a cunt he is, I hope he gets gang raped by aids-infected warthogs.

If Sears got fished out of a river, I'd probably be a suspect, but on the bright side, fucking Sears is fished out of a river.

Chungwit, I feel like you are holding back. You should speak your mind. :D

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2014 04:45 

Local Time:
I can't find anything definitive about the knee injury yet. For those who saw it, did Daniela leave the court under her own power and how notably did she limp? I would like to think that she knows her body and got out of there before it really did become serious. Hope so.
As if this day wasn't bad enough, remember me musing about Dani giving World Team Tennis a try someday and how the New York franchise, which played some of its home matches 30 minutes away from my home, packed up and moved to San Diego? Well, one guess what Daniela has signed up for this summer, and which franchise she will play for? :doh: :wall: :doh: :wall:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2014 11:13 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 13:20
What I dislike most is that is she injured. I feel this year keeps piling up disappointments.

Hope she can keep as determined as ever.

Last edited by Helio on 12. February 2014 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2014 16:53 

Local Time:
Ana lost to Zakapalova. Take that Ana haha as I felt she was way too smiley for my liking when Daniela retired yesterday...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2014 19:14 

Local Time:
Ana lost to Zakapalova. Take that Ana haha as I felt she was way too smiley for my liking when Daniela retired yesterday...

Yeah, and her comments were smarmy, too. She was patting herself on the back for how she fought back in the first set. I'd like to know how 2 UE's and a double fault from an opponent playing on one leg constitutes a heroic rally. She's a witch.....better get out of town before somebody drops a house on her!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2014 23:08 

Local Time:
One sign that Daniela probably wasn't 100% fit going into this tournament was that she didn't enter doubles and she always plays doubles when she's fit. She didn't enter doubles in Linz when she had a foot injury last year. Even though Daniela was able to play Moscow, she was less than 100% and had to retire from doubles there.

I'd rather have had Ivanovic win than Zakopalova because Zakopalova's close to Daniela in the rankings and generally I want players around Daniela in the rankings to lose. Tennis realpolitik.

Daniela probably thought you were from San Diego, Alex. The Bryan brothers are going to play for San Diego so Daniela could play mixed doubles with one of them at the Slams.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2014 01:10 

Local Time:
Confirmation of what we all feared:

Daniela Hantuchová
I have torn a ligament in my knee in the match against Ana yesterday and unfortunately I will b out for few weeks:(..I already played with lot of pain during fed cup but as an athlete u never want to give up until the last moment even if the pain is bigger then what u can tolerate..
Unlike · · Share · 24189 · 16 minutes ago ·

@ Daniela's facebook

This is depressing.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2014 01:45 

Local Time:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

What we need to know is if this requires surgery. In the sports I follow in America, torn ligaments usually do, and Daniela, kind as always, is trying to help us feel better by saying "a few weeks". More often than not, it's months, though with the arthroscope it has become a pretty routine operation and the athlete often fully recovers with the proper rehab. There's no question Dani would do everything she has to and more to rehab the knee. The question becomes, does she feel it's worth it. As we know, she has what it takes to take her life in a thousand different directions. She might believe it's time to try something new. I throw that out as a possibility, but deep down, I know Daniela will come back. But she'd better not play World Team Tennis in San Diego or New York or Philadelphia or West Sqeedunk! There is absolutely no reason for her to rush things. Point wise, she doesn't have much to lose in the next 4 months except for Madrid and Birmingham. Perhaps that's the perfect place for her to return, as a defending champion! ;)
In the meantime, I hope she senses how much we are behind her and wishing her all the best.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2014 02:28 

Local Time:
Oh, and BTW, eddy, the Forum is wide open for your further Fed Cup feelings. :shock: I do hope that Slovakians recognize just what Daniela sacrifices for them.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2014 09:45 

Local Time:
Well just the worst news..there goes Indian Wells and Miami....can't see her back before Madrid to be honest...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2014 10:18 

Local Time:
Terrible news. You knew it was gong to be bad though- the knee had locked up completely by the time she retired against Ana,and more often than not that will be the result of a tear.

Here' hoping for a full recovery as soon as possible. :cry:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2014 15:50 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 13:20
That is really sad. Hope she comes back only when she is completely fit.

Guys do not be so bitter against other players. Ivanonic is no saint, I still feel a bit ill towards her for that SF. But Daniela and her are friendly, they're both competitors so things can get tense.

I wish Daniela hadn't played injured. She should know better by now. That achilles heel, which she aggravated by playing even more ended what could have been her best season so far (2008).

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2