HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group 1st Round, Slovak Republic v Germany
PostPosted: 8. February 2014 18:12 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 05:18
So my heart's cracked anyhow. :( I could feel Daniela's fight in the first set right through my kindle……so frigging close……she must be so depressed right now. You know, when it comes to her teammates in Fed Cup, cue up Santana. Because Dani has to sometimes believe "I Ain't Got Nobody That I Can Depend On!" It always ends up on her shoulders. I have always rooted for her a little harder in Fed Cup than most matches because her love for Slovakia and the way she raises her level for her country is so extremely admirable. But now, at least for tomorrow, it may actually better for Daniela overall if Domi gags it up again. Otherwise, our gal might be out there 5-6 grueling hours trying once again to win a tie singlehandedly. Which would be another immense chapter in her career and a cinch 3rd straight Heart Award if she did it, but at what price? Better maybe to bottle up some of the excellent tennis you guys said she played in the first set today and drop it on Ivanovic in Doha.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2014 18:17 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 11:18
Daniela didn't seem to down in the interview, I think she said something like it's still wide open and we must fight and do what Russia did to us last year. She said she gave her maximum.

It was interesting to read that Liptak said how disappointed he was that Russia's players who beat Slovakia in the Fed Cup semifinal last year decided not to show up in the final.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2014 18:36 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 05:18
Daniela didn't seem to down in the interview. She said she gave her maximum.

Doesn't that go without saying!? :)

In my high school sports broadcasts, I often say that there is one good thing about the home team falling way behind. It creates the chance for a huge thrilling comeback! Again, is it better for Daniela to not have to go through it. One thing is for sure: If I was a journalist and asked her that question, I may well leave with a racket jammed into my rear end! :o

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2014 18:42 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 10:18
Daniela didn't seem to down in the interview, I think she said something like it's still wide open and we must fight and do what Russia did to us last year. She said she gave her maximum.

It was interesting to read that Liptak said how disappointed he was that Russia's players who beat Slovakia in the Fed Cup semifinal last year decided not to show up in the final.

Did you see the Russian team against Australia? I'd never heard of any of them, it seems like Russia just picked random members of the public. Kleybanova played in the final and she was a good player before her illness. You know that Daniela, Dominika and the other Slovak players would all have turned up for the final and given it everything.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2014 18:50 

Local Time:
Hantuchova annoyed ending of the first game. "I had to have two setbaly, but I missed them. It was one of the key moments in the match. Kerber triafala lines. I felt like I was playing against a wall. Both good return, so I am not surprised that today was so many breakaways. Even though I lost the service, I believed that I now may be able rebrejk. Kerberos administration, especially the second, because it belongs to the highest quality. 0:2 play, but still nothing is lost.'ll try to Sunday otter three points," Hantuchova said in a first reaction to RTVS. Slovak captain Matej Liptak Commenting on the opening day noted. "I knew that it would be very difficult and balanced matches. First we lost the mečbalu, Daniela in the second recital in Sete missed setbaly. Pity that we do not lead 1:0, Kerber would have been under more pressure. 0:2 play, but it still means nothing. In Moscow we led 2-0 after the singles and finally we lost, we can still turn around. "

@ google translate

"In some moments I felt that I play against the wall. Angelique incredibly Return. I knew, however, that when administered'll have a chance. Too bad it was not a few balls in the important moments of my hand, continuation would have been different. After the first set because it was Kerber relaxed, played it easier. I'm probably still not undergone a better match in which I ultimately lost. Sunday must fight for every fiftín and somehow we otter three points," said Daniela Hantuchova for RTVS.

"We expected a tough and balanced matches, happening on the court it corresponded. Score of the week is indeed eloquent, but does not say everything. In the first game we had a match point in the second setbaly. He first duel we could establish an advantage. Unfortunately, it failed. Kerber shall conduct Nemiek 1:0 played so easily. However, I believe that we still have a chance. Just remember how it was last year in Moscow today ... Baby put everything into it. I believe that tomorrow will fight, and are given great performances," said Chief of Staff of the implementation of the SR Matej Liptak.

Previously on a hard surface DecoColor under cloudy roof Aegon sold out arenas losing NTC leader of hostiteliek Cibulkova with Andrea Petkovicovou for 151 minutes 6:2, 6:7 (7), 2:6. In tajbrejku showcased while turnover from 1:6 to 7:6, but ruined backhand return and soon had a 0-3 deficit in the operative part. Already received it.

"I am very sad that I am in this beautiful atmosphere, very good match losing out mečbalu. I can not remember the last time it happened to me. I foreshadowed that it may be a few points, it is fully confirmed. Work meeting was that after my turnover from 1:6 to 7:6 in tajbrejku. Petkovicová showing off gradually becoming better tennis and I sometimes have a more active. In some moments it with aggressiveness asked to go to the next level. When we are in the second set so pulled, I wanted it Break and maybe I was not too clamped. Nemka showcased great tennis," she said in response to RTVS Dominika Cibulkova.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2014 00:41 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: We are positively tuned, is far from the end
08/02/2014 22:33:11

Bratislava (SITA) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova on Saturday, lost to Angelique Kerber Nemko within the weekend Bratislava World Group quarterfinal match of the Federation Cup national teams of women 6:7 (9), 1:6 and two setbalov, domestication of before the climax of Sunday's 0-2 deficit. Dominika Cibulkova lost to Andrea Petkovicovou 6:2, 6:7 (7), 2:6 and from mečbalu on income.

"It's still far from being completed. Remaining positive and tuned, because remember, we last year in the semifinals in Moscow lost the lead 2-0. Difficult times it just that, that we have somehow learned. Raising the rolling point is usually the hardest and we will do everything we can to Nemko has znepríjemnili life. should be fight for every fiftín and somehow we otter three points," she said resolutely 30-year-old spoludržiteľka Fed Cup 2002 Hantuchova.

The former world number five ranking was for his performance in the sold-out arena Aegon NTC certainly not to be overlooked: "I put everything into it and it was a very good match, I do not blame you too you. Such as tennis, ever decide to really millimeters. Angelique showed that Top 10 is not a coincidence., in some moments I felt that I play against the wall. incredibly She RETURN. knew, however, that when administered'll have a chance. surplice in important moments played a little better. did not do a lot of mistakes, but Kerber in those key moments was courageous. After the first set was already relaxed, played it easier., I'm probably still not undergone better match, in which I finally losing," she Slovak.

Hantuchova underline that the rights belong to the team competition najmotivujúcejším factor: "I felt the support from the audience. Precisely in such moments a man realizes what it actually does. Charging me to the extent that I live in this year. The energy from fans is the reason why still play."

@ google translate

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 9. February 2014 01:12 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 18:18
I think that's also a good idea to have Magda play against
Petkovic because of tue H2h record...then Domi to play Kerber coz i I think they're a good match since they're both quick and almost same height though it's not a factor. Then Dani should play doubles instead either with Domi or Magda.. I hope they will do it. Good luck!

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 9. February 2014 01:16 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 18:18
I think that's also a good idea to have Magda play against
Petkovic because of tue H2h record...then Domi to play Kerber coz i I think they're a good match since they're both quick and almost same height though it's not a factor. Then Dani should play doubles instead either with Domi or Magda.. I hope they will do it. Good luck!

By the way she'll play Ana in Dubai R1... Arrrgh

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2014 14:14 

Local Time:
Kerber is a HUMAN WALL

Not another tiebreak...this will be most unfair if Germany win all 3 tiebreaks.. :twisted:

FFFING TIEBREAKS 0-3 :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

At least Daniela can go to Doha not having played too much...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2014 17:32 

Local Time:
This sucks. It would have been wonderful for Slovakia to have won this but it wasn't to be. This tie would have been so different if Dominika had converted the match point she had yesterday or if Daniela had won the first set. Kerber had the luck in the tiebreak yesterday with the netcord and hitting the outside of the line when Daniela had set points. Kerber's retrieving was good enough today against Dominika.

Cibulkova was after losing to Kerber disappointed. "It's frustrating. I very much wanted to win and drawings still hope for a possible reversal, but could not do that. In the second set I felt that I was on the court better toys, but I am not follow through details. Particular I regret two unused brejkbaly for state 3 3 in the second set. guess I wanted too. Kerber played very well, a long time ago I seen her in such a fine," said Slovak unit in the first reaction to RTVS.
@ google translate

"It was similar to yesterday. We expected that all matches will bring the decision to the terminations and serious in their details. Dominica was the week tired and stiff, today only gradually gathered hitting certainty sought rhythm on income. Kerber demonstrated great performance in particular administration," said at a press conference home captain Matej Liptak.

"These are a mix of feelings, frustration prevails. Persons alerted me, I was very eager to please their victory. First set I did not work, after yesterday, I was quite tired. In the second set, I got into it and I think at the end I was better . Unfortunately, I am not follow through key details. were things I could have done better. Kerber played very well, I've never seen it in superior performance," said Cibulkova for RTVS.
@ google translate

We'll see who Slovakia get in the playoff, some of the ties look pretty good but others look like they could be tough. I'd like a home tie as it would be home advantage and reduce the travelling.

Daniela can at least know that she played well against Kerber and that her performance in the first set would have been good enough to beat most players. She only played two sets so this tie won't have taken too much out of her. Ivanovic will be tough opponent in Doha and she'll be confident after Australia and fresh after sitting the Fed Cup out but Daniela will give everything like she always does.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2014 18:29 

Local Time:
Figures that Slovakia would draw the one team who cared enough about Fed Cup to send out a quality team. :roll:

Kerber played really well this weeknd-credit where it's due.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 19:55 

Local Time:
Slovakia will meet Canada in Canada for the play-off

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 20:14 

Local Time:
Slovakia are away to Canada. That would have been a good draw at home, but it'll be awkward away, especially given how well Bouchard's playing at the moment and the travelling involved. Tie's played 19th & 20th April.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. March 2014 16:37 

Local Time:
FED CUP COMING TO QUEBEC CITY ON APRIL 19-20

Canada will host Slovakia at PEPS on the campus of Laval University in April

Montreal, February 28, 2014 – Tennis Canada announced Friday that PEPS on the campus of Laval University in Quebec City will host the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group play-off tie between Canada and Slovakia on April 19 and 20, 2014.

"We are excited to have the chance to play at home again in April on our surface and in front of our fans," said Sylvain Bruneau, captain of the Canadian Fed Cup team. "It was an advantage that served us well last time and will be just as important this time around. The girls already know Quebec City very well having played the Bell Challenge over the years."

Fed Cup returns to the province of Quebec after the staging of a successful event just a few weeks ago in Montreal. For this this upcoming World Group play-off tie, Tennis Canada chose the PEPS on the campus of Laval University which can accommodate a little more than 3,000 spectators in its new facilities. It will be a another great opportunity for fans in Quebec City, who are already familiar with women’s tennis because of the Bell Challenge, to see some of the best tennis players in the world.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. March 2014 23:52 

Local Time:
Cibulkova's entered Kuala Lumpur instead of playing Fed Cup.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next