Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Kremlin Cup by Bank of Moscow, Moscow
PostPosted: 19. October 2013 13:20 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 13:00
Halep d Pavlyuchenkova 62 61

Two years ago Halep could barely win a match. Now she is winnng so much. It's really fishy in my opinion.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. October 2013 13:41 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 12:00
The players I find really suspicious are ones that are playing their best tennis in their late 20 and early 30s after being average in their teens and early and mid 20s because that's unprecedented in previous tennis history.

I also wonder about players that take months off with injury and come back stronger than ever.

After Cilic's withdrawal from Wimbledon citing a knee injury which was subsequently revealed to be because he failed a drug test, it makes me wonder about a lot of other withdrawals. Agassi said in his autobiography that he failed a drug test in the 90s but came up with an excuse that it was an assistant's that he took by mistake and he got off with it. I wonder what else has been covered up .

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. October 2013 13:56 

Local Time:
I'm probably being too harsh on Halep but she hadn't won a title until this year and now she's won 5...and could get title no.6...I find it extraordinary!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. October 2013 14:00 

Local Time:
It's the double standards that kill me. Hingis tests positive-2 year ban. Gasquet tests positive-gets away with it with the worst excuse since the dog ate my homework. Troicki is currently serving an 18 month ban for skipping a test-Serena flees into the panic room when WADA come calling and no one lifts a finger. It's a joke.

Was it just me or was Daniela in a particularly grim mood yesterday? Really worried about the foot problem. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. October 2013 14:12 

Local Time:
The thing is is that I'm pretty sure that Daniela's clean and has been her entire career yet she's competing with players who are on PEDs. How much better would Daniela have done with a level playing field?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. October 2013 15:19 

Local Time:
How much better would her career have been if the WTA didn't totally destroy the European indoor season where she always thrived when healthy-thats what bugs me(plus the most incompetent coaching I've ever seen in 2003-but that's another story :roll: ).

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. October 2013 17:12 

Local Time:
Whose coaching do you mean lol? The list is endless but wondering which one you're talking about!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. October 2013 17:39 

Local Time:
Whose coaching do you mean lol? The list is endless but wondering which one you're talking about!

Sears storming out of her match at the French Open and then bad-mouthing Daniela to the press. :roll:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. October 2013 18:25 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 07:00
Ever stop and think about how filthy rich we would be with a dollar/pound/euro for every time the player that performs like Margaret Court against Daniela gets blown out or retires in the next round? :x

As for the PED issue, which as a Major League Baseball fan I'm overly aware of, since so many big stars have been caught, we now take second looks at the players that we know were not users and had darn good, but not Hall of Fame, careers and give them their due respect. The deaf, dumb and blind man that sure plays a mean pinball knows that Daniela is and always has been clean. Therefore, if we assume she has lost any number of times to cheaters, and we add that she had the fate of her career coinciding with Venus, Serena, Lindsay, Henin, Clijsters and Azarenka, Dani's record looks even better than we know, and those few that still love to call her an underachiever ought to reconsider. Makes me more proud to root for Daniela than ever!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. October 2013 12:51 

Local Time:
Kirilenko confirmed for Sofia. :evil:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. October 2013 21:07 

Local Time:
Looks like Daniela won't bother turning up to Sofia as 2nd alternate..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. October 2013 21:56 

Local Time:
Looks like Daniela won't bother turning up to Sofia as 2nd alternate..

They really have alternates for that jumped-up Mickey Mouse tournament? :roll:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. October 2013 22:43 

Local Time:
It's a lot more important that Daniela gets some rest and heals up than plays Sofia. She said on facebook that she was going to take time off and get some rest and that's what she's doing and it's absolutely the right decision.

You could tell that Sofia was a bullshit tournament when they gave a wildcard to Pironkova, that removed all doubt. Ever since that tournament moved to Sofia and tried to ape the tour championships, it's just looked so second rate in comparison. When it was in Bali it was fun in the sun and a nice few days of tennis, Sofia's so naff.

If the Russians were so keen to be in Sofia why didn't they just let Slovakia win the Fed Cup semi? We know Daniela and the other Slovakians would all have played the Fed Cup.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. October 2013 01:09 

Local Time:
This appears to be a sign that Daniela has truly began to grasp that she should rest when she needs to and doesn't need to be all things to all people at all times. The Sofia site is still showing her picture and an interview. But even should 2 players withdraw at the last minute and they call on her, Daniela may well respectfully decline, and none of us would blame her.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. October 2013 01:24 

Local Time:
Just to endear herself to us even more, Ms. Kirilenko retired in the first set of her first match. She cited respiratory problems. The replacement is Elina Svitolina. It's the 2nd straight year she retired. While she's doing that, Dani is cheering up sick children in hospital. 'Nuff said.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next