Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Kremlin Cup by Bank of Moscow, Moscow
PostPosted: 15. October 2013 17:14 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 11:48
Good win. How was her movement,eddy? I caught a replay of her match with Knapp and it was clear that she was hindered by her foot.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2013 17:22 

Local Time:
I saw from 5-1 up in the first set. Seemed like a completely different player compared with Linz as I saw the replay of Knapp match myself. Her returns in particular were great, and she played sensibly and moved the ball around pretty fast and deep. She moved quite well, but Dolonc will be a much touger opponent.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2013 17:47 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 05:48
Boy, does it feel good when Dani thrashes someone that she's supposed to thrash. With Domi losing, I'm hoping we're seeing a New York redux with the draw opening, but I agree that Dolonc is a much tougher task than today, and she owes Daniela a couple. At least we can dream of this being a very prosperous week.
The match stats were a real treat to look at. Best one of all: 1 hour exactly. Daniela doesn't play tomorrow, so she should be rather fresh and gets an extra day to practice with her new coach.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 15. October 2013 20:50, edited 2 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2013 20:21 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 10:48
A really good win by Daniela. Admittedly Parra Santonja's not that great but you can only beat who's on the other side of the net and Daniela did that pretty easily. She was strong on serve, winning 88% of first serve points, 78% of all her service points and didn't face a BP all match.

The draw opens up a bit as Daniela plays Dolonc next and she could have had Halep or Cibulkova. She beat Dolonc fairly easily in the Fed Cup back in February but Dolonc came back from a set down to beat Cibulkova so she's got to be respected.

Tennis: Hantuchova in Moscow under the leadership of coach Pláteník

Moscow 15 October (TASR) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova accompanies the tournament for the Kremlin Cup in Moscow as head coach Vladimir Pláteník. Former coach Dominika Cibulkova recently led a talented Croat Alu Tomljanovičovú, previously collaborated with Belgian woman Yanina Wickmayer, Russia Kseniia Pervakovou and Nada Petrova, Slovenian Polona Hercog and Romanian Sorana Cirsteovou.

"With Daniela Hantuchova we have not yet agreed to work only for the tournament in Moscow.'ll See how the situation develops after the end of the season," he told TASR Pláteník after Hantuchova in the Russian capital sovereign advanced to 2nd Round the triumph 6:1, 6:2 over Spanish qualifier Arantxa Parr Santonjovou. Hantuchova was just before the U.S. Open broke with the Spanish coach Eduard Nicolas. At the final Grand Slam of the year, despite fought its way to the finals singles. Slovak duo fights in Moscow and to participate in the so-called. "Small World" in Sofia.

Platenik's Slovakian and Daniela did pretty well the last time she had a Slovakian coach. She played pretty well today and in the doubles yesterday so we'll see how she does with Platenik.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. October 2013 10:56 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 06:48
A win! Finally. Keep em coming, Daniela.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. October 2013 17:03 

Local Time:
Daniela's the third match on Court 1 after 2 ATP matches. Her doubles match is fifth on Court 1 after a men's doubles.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2013 15:05 

Local Time:
3-6 Quite possibly the worst set of tennis I've ever seen from Daniela.

She held once.

6-4 a better set from Daniela here but still this is one hot mess of a match, as Daniela was 5-1 up in this set..

Dolonc is the better player for most of this match, Daniela's 1st serve % is poor, only 48%

0-2 pathetic service game
0-3 SHE'S USELESS :doh:

Daniela's walked off court...toilet break I guess...a bit odd...

5-4 Daniela serving for the match, a complete shitfest but just one hold now Daniela..

30-15, 30-30, 40-30 YES :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

What a great fightback in the 3rd, but Daniela played about 50% of what she's capable of...also didn't particularly like the fact that she went off for a toilet break 0-3 down in the 3rd, I thought that was a bit out of order...but we'll take the win.

It was funny, after the match Daniela barely acknowledged the crowd, she kinda walked off the court quickly like she usually does when she loses, I guess she was very displeased with her performance despite getting the win.

She's got ZERO chance against Pavs if she plays like this tomorrow...
I hope she does play the doubles with Vesnina later as I think they can do well here.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2013 17:22 

Local Time:
Well the good thing is she can't possibly play worse than that tomorrow.

I never,ever want to see her taking a bathroom break like that again. Cringeworthy stuff.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2013 17:35 

Local Time:
Well the good thing is she can't possibly play worse than that tomorrow.

I never,ever want to see her taking a bathroom break like that again. Cringeworthy stuff.

It really was a little classless...but it's allowed and was before Daniela service game...

As for Sofai, Vinci, Kirilenko, Pavlyuchenkova are all probably going to want to play Sofia over Fed Cup so Daniela should just concentrate on trying to win the last tournament of the year.

Sofia Lineup will probably be.
Pironkova WC (ridiculous)
Ivanovic WC (fair enough)
Vinci
Halep
Stosur
Kirilenko
Cornet
Pavlyuchenkova
Alt1 Safarova
Alt2 Hantuchova.??

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2013 17:44 

Local Time:
I just got the result and from what eddy said it was a really ugly win. Looking at the stats, it's not pretty reading: 53% 1st serves in, 53% 1st serve points, 18 BPs faced and broken 7 times. Daniela won 46% on 2nd serve. Dolonc actually won one more point with 105 to Daniela's 104 but Daniela won the last one.
Dolonc beat Cibulkova here so she'd be confident and had taken out a good Slovakian player but she couldn't take out another although it was a bit too close for comfort.

If anyone else had taken a toilet break 0-3 down in the final set it would be disgraceful gamesmanship, but Daniela was doing what she was entitled to within the rules and was being tactically astute. I saw Cibulkova tale a bathroom break after just 20 minutes against Mladenovic in Rome.

We'll see what Daniela can do in doubles, hopefully she can play well and have some fun, get the win and she can play a lot better tomorrow. Tomorrow's another day and another game.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2013 17:53 

Local Time:
I guess maybe she felt she wanted a bathroom break after the 2nd set but didn't want to leave the court as just had won the 2nd set. So maybe was feeling uncomfortable at the beginning of the 3rd so decided to go after all.

I definitely don't like bathroom breaks in general even if they are legitimate. Why not have a portacabin at the side of the court.. So the delay wouldn't be so long. But maybe her new coach has told her to stop being so nice all the time and be more ruthless.

Over the years Daniela has often been messed around in countless matches to people taking injury timeouts/bathroom breaks etc, rain delays at the worst times, so maybe her new coach has said "Look, think of a bathroom break as an extra shot in tennis.., I call it "the bathroom lob shot" and use it when you need to!"...lol

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2013 18:04 

Local Time:
Let's also remember that Daniela's been hanging around with Kirilenko this week and Kirilenko does that stuff all the time.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2013 18:41 

Local Time:
Oh, Yeah! Can one of you guys help remove the bamboo shoots from my fingernails? :o
Hey, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go! As Daniela was coming back in the 3rd, it seemed to me that she was getting into Dolonc's head, and if a bathroom break began that process, what's fair for the many geese that have pulled that on Dani is fair for the gander. This remarkable comeback reminds me of a hard throwing veteran baseball pitcher going out there without his good fastball, taking some lumps and still finding a way to win with guile. I think nothing less of our gal for this. For better or worse, it's all part of the game. When your serve is AWOL, do whatever works. Dolonc was a hot player and Daniela found a way. What a gal!
When we endure a Tums chewing Danielathon like this, more and more I realize that I was the luckiest stiff on earth to attend my first singles match ever of Daniela's and witness a double bagel. :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2013 18:48 

Local Time:
Is one hour and 40 minutes suitable rest? Must be…doubles are underway.
1st set
1-0 Daniela & Elena break to 15.
1-1 Husanova/Zakopalova break back to 30.
1-2 H/Z hold to love.
2-2 Daniela & Elena hold to 15.
3-2 They break to love.
4-2 They hold to love...11straight points.
( :( Take charge, ladies. Make it easy on yourself, Daniela.)
4-3 H/Z hold to 15.
5-3 Daniela & Elena hold to 30.
5-4 H/Z hold to love.
5-5 H/Z break to 30.
(Good Lord...exactly what didn't need to happen.)
5-6 H/Z hold on deciding point.
5-7 H/Z break on deciding point.
2nd set...Daniela & Elena retired. :( Will she ever win a doubles title again?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 17. October 2013 19:31, edited 5 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2013 19:01 

Local Time:
Live stream:

Elena does yelp out after a UE.

Elena gets broken to 30 serving for the set, was 30-15 up.

Husarova/Zakopalova hold to 40 for a 6-5 lead, Daniela going to serve to stay in the first set after she & Elena were 5-3 up.

Q:Does anyone have a working livestream?
A:TennisTV ‏@TennisTV 19m
Apologies to WTA doubles fans: Hantuchova/Vesnina v Husarova/Zakopalova was moved at short notice, we have no feed for that court any more

Daniela gets broken to 40 serving to stay in the set, she was 30-15 up, served a DF at 30 all, saved one set point but not the second. Zakopalova & Husarova have stolen the set, the deciding points in the last 2 games go the other way it's Daniela and Elena's or a tiebreak if they won just one of them.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next