Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Generali Ladies Linz, Linz
PostPosted: 9. October 2013 16:52 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 10:23
This is so disappointing. I didn't see the match but Daniela had her chances but couldn't take them, especially when she served for the second set but got broken to love and then lost the tiebreak from 3-1 up. I really believe that if she'd won the second set then she'd have won the match, especially as Knapp had had three MPs. It probably didn't help Daniela that the match was on the second court but Daniela should still be able to beat Knapp. Maybe Knapp was amazing but Daniela's really got no form at the moment. Li, Pennetta, Azarenka and Halep are good players and while Knapp's having her best year, she's someone that Daniela would normally beat easily but Daniela really is running on empty at the moment. It would be fantastic if Daniela could regroup and put in a run in Moscow but I think anything she does there will be a bonus. Daniela's resilient and she'll give her best effort there but chances are she'll get someone a lot better than Knapp.

Thanks for the livescores, Patti.

Edit:
I've had a look at the stats and it seems like Knapp was ball bashing. She served 43% first serves in but won 74% and 48% on second serve. She had 5 aces and 8DFs. Daniela got 53% first serves in winning 69% but she only won 35% on second serve and 2nd serve points won was a big difference in the match. Daniela was 2 out of 6 on BPs while Knapp was 4 out of 7. If only Daniela had served out the second set or won the tiebreak.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. October 2013 17:48 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 05:23
I'll take the hit for this one, guys. On FB I created one of my precocious puns about how Karin needs a Knapp, so put her to sleep, Daniela. Not my best, but I liked it. Afterwards, an FB friend let me know that every time I do that, Dani goes down. Never understood that a pun could be so powerful that it can affect the result of a professional tennis match played 6 time zones away from where it was written. My sincerest apologies. Anyhow, Dani battled hard again in the 2nd, saved 4 MP's all told. With no doubles, she'll certainly be rested for next week. Our only hope for a ranking climb and Sofia (unless my conspiracy theory holds up) is that she has one more piping hot week in her like Birmingham and New York.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. October 2013 17:57 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 11:23
Did anyone see the match?

Daniela has been injured: From WTA site:

Another first round match featured an upset, as Karin Knapp got past eighth-seeded Daniela Hantuchova, 62 76(6).

"I had some problems with my foot in Beijing and had to rest for quite some time afterward, so I didn't expect much today," Hantuchova said. "But I tried my best and she was playing too well. I felt like I was starting to play much better in the second set, but unfortunately I didn't take advantage of my chances."

- See more at:

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. October 2013 09:58 

Local Time:
I saw the match and didn't see any problems. Knapp was just too good, her serve was very good at the 1st set . Daniela with too many errors

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. October 2013 17:24 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 10:23
It's a worry that Daniela's foot is bothering her again and I wonder how much she's been hampered by it this year.

I really don't think Daniela's been fully fit this year and her results since Birmingham have generally been pretty poor. Winning Birmingham was fantastic but it took a big physical toll as she had to get treatment on her ankle as well as having a lot of long, tough matches there.

Daniela's got a lot of points to defend next week so she'll probably play although I'm not sure that we can expect too much. It seems unlikely right now that Daniela will play Sofia and even if she did, I'm not sure she'd be able to do herself justice and she'd probably be much better off resting and healing for next year. I had no problem with Ivanovic getting a wildcard for Sofia as she'd won the tournament the last two years it was in Bali and she's top 20 but Pironkova got a wildcard purely because of her passport and she's ranked 99 so she's at least 60 places below anyone else that's going to be there and basically makes a mockery of the tournament. Is she really going to sell that many tickets?

Knapp just lost to Voegele. She served 13 DFs and only 4 aces while she won only 28% of her second serve points. I didn't see the match but I get the impression that Knapp played much better against Daniela plus Voegele had two days off.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. October 2013 17:26 

Local Time:
We'll just have to see how Moscow goes...a deep run there would be awesome.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. October 2013 22:52 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 05:23
Daniela probably will never be fully fit as long as she plays...what veteran athlete in any sport is? Her foot and shoulder have to bother her in every match on every point, but they must not have been extremely painful (except in a couple of situations like when she called for a trainer in Birmingham and the Knapp match), as she has played her normal schedule, and in almost every tourney both doubles and singles. Since I follow all sorts of sports, I see many players wince, limp, what have you when they are playing hurt, and that makes perfect sense. I don't see too many of Daniela's matches on TV or live stream, so I can't say this is true at all times, but I can tell you this: I was close enough to the court at Carlsbad to have been able to pull her ponytail, and never once did a see a wince or any trace of a limp. She's a trooper, guys.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. October 2013 22:22 

Local Time:
Matt Cronin tweets that Pavlyuchenkova is also leaning towards playing Sofia rather than Fed Cup. :x

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. October 2013 13:19 

Local Time:
Daniela will just have to win Moscow then 8-) Just dont look at the draw whatever you do lol

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2