Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Fed Cup World Group Semifinal, Slovak Republic vs Russia
PostPosted: 17. April 2013 16:54 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 05:11
Date: 20 Apr - 21 Apr 2013 image
Venue: Sports Center Krylatskoye, Moscow, Russia
Start times:
Day 1: 1500 hrs (1100 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1400 hrs (1000 hrs GMT)
Surface: Clay (Red Clay), Indoor
Ball: Dunlop Fort Clay Court

SLOVAK REPUBLIC 2-3 RUSSIA

R1: D. CIBULKOVA bt A. PAVLYUCHENKOVA 5-7 6-1 6-4
R2: D. HANTUCHOVA bt M. KIRILENKO 6-2 6-4
R3: M. KIRILENKO bt D. CIBULKOVA 7-5 6-1
R4: E. MAKAROVA btD. HANTUCHOVA 6-3 4-6 6-4
R5: E. MAKAROVA/E. VESNINA bt D. HANTUCHOVA/D. CIBULKOVA 4-6 6-3 6-1

SLOVAK REPUBLIC:
Dominika CIBULKOVA
Daniela HANTUCHOVA
Magdalena RYBARIKOVA
Jana CEPELOVA

RUSSIA:
Maria KIRILENKO
Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA
Ekaterina MAKAROVA
Elena VESNINA

TIE PREVIEW:
Russia host Slovak Republic in this World Group semifinal clash. The teams have met twice before, with Russia winning 3-2 on both occasions, but the nations have not met since 2001. This is Russia's seventh consecutive semifinal appearance whereas the Slovak Republic are making their first semifinal appearance since 2002. They went on to win the competition that year.
Russia booked their place in the semifinal following a tough match with Japan. Ayumi Morita won both of her singles rubbers to put Japan 2-1 up in the tie but Russia fought back through Ekaterina Makarova who won her reverse singles rubber and then teamed up with Elena Vesnina to win the doubles rubber and send Russia through.
Slovak Republic are in the semifinal following a 3-2 victory over Serbia. Serbia were without their two best players and Daniela Hantuchova gave Slovak Republic the best start possible, beating Serbia's strongest player, Bojana Jovanovski, in the opening rubber. Slovakia suffered a blow in the second rubber when Dominika Cibulkova was forced to retire with an injury. Jana Cepelova replaced Cibulkova in the first reverse singles rubber, and won a marathon match against Jovanovski 11-9 in the final set. Hantuchova then defeated Vesna Dolonc to seal victory for Slovak Republic.

www.fedcup.com

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group Semifinal, Slovak Republic vs Russia
PostPosted: 17. April 2013 18:15 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 00:11
After long frustration, the WTA finally posted the 500 win club and more important, who's almost there. We know Daniela is next at 494, but Sharapova has 491. Do you think that there's just a sliver of a chance that I want Dani to get there ahead of her? :haha: So, beyond wanting to see Heart Award Winner II get 2 wins this weekend just because I always want her to win, and beyond how much Fed Cup wins mean to her, since Sharapova wouldn't stoop so low as to play for her country, I'd love to see Dani gain 2 wins on her and get ever closer to the magic number.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2013 00:16 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova: "We have nothing to lose"

15.04.2013 | 10:25 BRATISLAVA - The Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova will have a weekend Fed Cup semifinal against Russia specific flavor.

In Moscow because in 1999 she made her debut in the prestigious team competition. The Olympic Stadium when she joined alongside Ludmila Cervanova the doubles final, now hopes that the sports center Krylatsky its captain Matej Liptak will also have a chance in singles.

Hantuchova for the match in Russia very pleased. "If somebody in July 1999 said that about 13 years later I will go to Moscow to play Fed Cup again, I will not believe it. Remember that I was very like to play singles, but it was a privilege to me until I took the doubles for state decisions . Hopefully now I'll make it up and play it on Saturday. match against Russia is a challenge for us, we have nothing to lose. Pets While enroll without Maria Sharapova, but all the toys that are on the team are strong. Maria Kirilenko has a great year, Anastasia Pavľučenkovová my gaming sites, so it will be tough matches," said Hantuchova before going trips to Moscow.

Magdalene Rybáriková a week ago during a training session at the WTA tournament in Poland's Katowice seklo in the back and had to go home. After infusion therapy with Dr. Romana Fana, however, her condition improved and the beginning of the match should be fit. "On Saturday and Sunday I was to play and I did not feel any back pain, which is positive. I think to Saturday it should be fine. Clay is not my favorite surface, but if I can master a chance, I will do it everything," said the current Slovak renkingová two.

Slovaks unlike the February 1st match wheels against Serbia in Nis and last year's play-off meeting with Spain in Marbella will be the favorite in Moscow, which, according to Liptak could be a benefit. "It is always difficult to get on the match as favorite, and confirms this position. Russian will be upset to advance to the finals, but the same is true of our girls who have created a great gang. We have an experienced team in the toy already played tough matches. Strongly I believe that their good preparation and Moscow are given great performances."
@ google translate

Slovaks in the form, but also Russian
17.04.2013 15:56:21
Moscow (AP) - Preparing Quartet Slovak Dominika Cibulkova, Magdalene Rybáriková, Daniela Hantuchova and Jana Čepelová weekend at the Moscow meeting with the owner of Russia in the semi-final of the World Cup 2013 tennis federation representative teams of women is so far no health problems or any other type.

"The players are in shape. Unfortunately, the Russian ..." reported the website of Slovak Tennis Association and International sports and technical director STZ Lubomir Palenik and added: "The game will show who is better." In Wednesday's workout involved and members of the executive team. "We played internal tournament at one blow. disposed Me Dominika Cibulkova, but note that luck ..." with a smile commented chief designer ¼. Palenik, himself a keen tennis player. In this final activity spestrujúcej met Cibulkova and her personal trainer and team captain Matej Liptak SR - Slovak unit succeeded.

The procedure for the November Fed Cup finals against the successful co-Palermo match Italy - Czech will play on clay in the lobby Krylatsky before the Tribunal for 4000 visitors. "I informed the Moscow audience interested. Štvortisícovej The capacity is already sold out tickets and three-quarters of the words organizers are said to spend all the meetings, " heralded ¼. Palenik and the background has revealed: "On the road to cars drag their feet at a snail's pace. We have nothing to do, so we could catch wednesday night dinner in the Slovak house, which is the last opportunity that we sat together with the team." Traditional banquet for both teams on Thursday, Friday will be a ceremonial toss program.
@ google translate

Slovaks are experienced and balanced, says Russian captain
das | 17.04.2013 06:00
After nine years, the Russian tennis players returned to Krylatsky Sports Complex in Moscow, where in November 2004 became the first winner of the Federation Cup.

Grueling of France then defeated 3-2 in a dramatic meeting. Now, in the same place during the next weekend will seek to exclude Slovaks of the final battle. Only taraflexový carpet replaced clay.

"It was a great emotion and epoch-making game. Vere Zvonareva grandmother passed away, and yet took the doubles final to Myskina. Emotional distress prevailed in the match, which is often said that it can not handle," he recalled captain Shamil Tarpiščev on yesterday meeting with journalists in Moscow.

Tarpiščev the unique character of world tennis. President of the Russian Tennis Federation and a member of the International Olympic Committee for many years as captain sits on two chairs - boss man in the Davis Cup and the Fed Cup women. And the architect of all Russian achievements in the two most popular team competition. And what do you think of the Slovak grueling?

"It's a good and balanced team. They have a number of experienced female players and against such is not playing easy. We have to prepare well," briefly reviewed 65-year-old officer and coach who led Russia's Fed Cup team continuously since 2000.

Tarpiščev on Tuesday explained why in his report missing double Grand Slam champion and former world number two Svetlana Kuznetsova.

"She apologized from participation in this meeting because he wants to prepare well for the next tournament that has accumulated ranking points. After prolonged gaming power is up to 42 place and wants to go up. It's in the mood logical explanation, and we understand that," said Tarpiščeva portal Čempionat.
@ google translate

Clay in Krylatsky little damp and slippery, reports Cibulková
16/04/2013 15:11:00
UPDATED - MOSCOW (AP) - Slovak tennis representant you already zatrénovali on clay courts in the hall of Moscow Krylatsky before the weekend showdown with Russia in the semifinals of the World Cup 2013 Federation of Cooperatives of women.

"Today I first played on the court, so I can share a fresh impressions. For me was a bit slippery and wet. Hopefully by the end of the week things will improve," said the pre-match press conference, leader of hostiek Dominika Cibulkova, who just in the Russian capital at the end of the 2011 season won the Kremlin Cup his first major title.

Daniela Hantuchova in Fed Cup debut in 1999, just in Moscow, meanwhile has had 50 matches (36:14) and is freshly already twice winner of Heart Award from ITF for access to representation. "Fed Cup has its own specifics, like he was a completely different type of rivalry, which are not important to the results of previous individual performances.'ve always warmly in the team and its captain has the beneficial effect my performance, he made ​​me the best tennis. course, that we have a tough duel., but I hope that by presenting Our maximum performance and achieve victory," concluded soon 30-year-old native of Poprad.
@ google translate

Kirilenko: Cibulková obviously judging by yourself
17.04.2013 13:48:52
Moscow (AP) - Unit nominations Russian tenistiek weekend at the Moscow meeting with the Slovaks in the semi-final of the World Cup 2013 Federation representative teams Women's Maria Kirilenko reacted with amusement to women leaders interpreted the statement hostiek Dominika Cibulkova that, Zborna 'in front of their own fans by the the clay in Krylatsky may have trouble coping with pressure.

"Obviously, judging by yourself. You can see that she hardly plays in Slovakia," she smiled Kirilenko during an interview for the portal and Čempionat Commenting on súperiek seriously said: "They are solid, strong and experienced. We have access to training in earnest. Expect interest a tough match." Another member, Zborna 'Yekaterina Makarova said: "Clearly this is a serious adversary. Cibulkova and Hantuchova much to achieve individual and team level. I think it will be a very good fight. I'll try to showcase great tennis and win."

Fiancee hockey player Alexander Ovechkin Kirilenko, 13 in the world rankings in singles, has revealed that after touring the Atlantic, in which was in the semifinals at Indian Wells and Monterrey, relax in Washington: "I indulged a few days off and then I was preparing on clay in the lobby, so I be suitably prepared for upcoming performances. "
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. April 2013 17:38 

Local Time:
Slovaks turn to experience of Hantuchova
NEWS ARTICLE
By Russell Fuller

MOSCOW, RUSSIA: It is nearly 14 years since Daniela Hantuchova made her Fed Cup debut as a 16 year old, and it's that wealth of experience which has once again persuaded the Slovak Republic's captain to ignore the world rankings for this Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group semifinal.
Hantuchova will play Saturday's second singles rubber against Maria Kirilenko of Russia, after Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Dominika Cibulkova have kicked off the tie.

Hantuchova made her debut here in Moscow, partnering Ludmila Cervanova to defeat in a tight dead doubles rubber in the World Group semifinal of 1999.
"I remember being so excited to be in the team," she said after Friday's draw. "I couldn't wait to get out on the court and play some competitive matches. It was one of the most wonderful experiences. A time I will never forget."

At 75 in the world rankings, she is 30 places below Magdalena Rybarikova, who will instead partner Jana Cepelova in the doubles. But the Slovak captain Matej Liptak thinks the rankings are irrelevant in Fed Cup ties.
"You need to have the experience, there is a lot of emotion. I know Daniela is a very experienced player and that's why I believe in her."

The Slovak Republic's top singles player is Dominika Cibulkova. The world No. 15 is delighted to report that she is feeling fit and healthy after what she describes as the most horrible experience of her career during January's quarterfinal in Serbia.
"It was the worst thing. I was winning 64 and 54 (against Vesna Dolonc, in the second singles rubber) and I just lay down as I was cramping, and I couldn't stand up. It was not nice, but in the end we won, so it was to our satisfaction."

This is the Slovak Republic's first semifinal since 2002 (the year of their one and only Fed Cup triumph), but with home advantage and the benefit of two players ranked inside the world's top 20, Russia will begin as favourites.
Even without Maria Sharapova and Nadia Petrova, they can boast the world No. 13 Maria Kirilenko, a recent semifinalist in Indian Wells, and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, who has just won her fourth career title in Monterrey.
The 21 year old has new coach Martina Hingis with her this week, and the Swiss would have been thrilled to hear how her new charge thrives on the pressure of Fed Cup weekends.
"I enjoy it, as I can challenge myself. I like to see what I am capable of. There's always pressure in tennis and sport in general, so it's good to see how you can handle it."
The challenge for Pavlyuchenkova and the rest this weekend comes in the form of an indoor red clay court at the Krylatskoye Sports Centre - a venue best known as Russia's main speed skating track.
This is the hosts' seventh consecutive semifinal appearance, although they have not won the title since 2008. And should it come down to a deciding doubles rubber early on Sunday evening, with a place in the Fed Cup final at stake, then Russia have a sound insurance policy.
Elena Vesnina and Ekatarina Makarova have won the Indian Wells title and reached the semifinals of the Australian Open already this year, and will be tough to beat in any decider. But goodness knows how much nervous energy will have been expended by both doubles pairs by then.

The full draw is listed below:
Saturday
R1: Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) v Dominka Cibulkova (SVK)
R2: Maria Kirilenko (RUS) v Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
Sunday
R3: Maria Kirlenko (RUS) v Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)
R4: Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) v Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
R5: Ekaterina Makarova/Elena Vesnina (RUS) v Magdalena Rybarikova/Jana Cepelova (SVK)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. April 2013 18:15 

Local Time:
Women leaders came forecast - begins

Semi Russia - Slovakia in the 50th edition of the Federation Cup opens in Krylatsky Sports Complex in Moscow singles Pavľučenkovová - Cibulkova, followed by combat Kirilenko - Hantuchova. Program has designated the Friday meetings ticket to Saturday starting at 13:00 CEST (direct transfer RTVS).

Matej Liptak, Captain SR: "Whenever I say that the order of matches is important. Who enters first is essential to get the most points. Maybe a slight advantage, the first game played Dominika because we put it in the hope that it earns points, that can go into the lead ... We respect the strength of the opponent, who has four quality players. All matches are open."

Dominika Cibulkova: "I predicted that I start. I hope this will be a winning start, I'll do it all! I was at home on clay two weeks trained, when we came to Moscow, was still a little change - wet clay I first skated, aleuž I'm used to it and the latest workouts were good. The match is always something else. One - two balls scatter know man, or even hold. I look forward to Fed Cup. Pavlyuchenkova is in very good form, won the tournament, will be confident. Initially, I will not go into that extreme, let it be as little brew and see how it goes. Anastasia is a great girl, I know her as a partner of doubles, pleasant parťáčka."

Daniela Hantuchova: "We are indeed in mutual matches (5:2), but the balance does not play a big role. Since he plays so well, we have not met, but the common training, I know that now plays at a different level than before. It will be a different game, is very confident, believe you. Enters in the role of favorite, and so have nothing to lose. In that position I am. Maria is moving well, a clever hand, thinking on the court. It always depends on what the day. It will be important for me to fight every single ball that she knew I was there, and especially not to have too high self-esteem."

Program semi Russia - Slovakia (RTVS meeting sends direct transfer)
SATURDAY 13:00 CEST
Anastasia Pavľučenkovová - Dominika Cibulkova
Maria Kirilenko - Daniela Hantuchova
SUNDAY 12:00 CEST
Kirilenko - Cibulková
Pavľučenkovová - Hantuchova
Yekaterina Makarova, Elena Vesnina - Rybáriková Magdalene, Jana Čepelová
@ google translate

"Slovakia is a tough opponent, has a balanced roster, all toys are experienced and tough. In any case we must not lose vigilance. No doubt that we have a difficult match," heralded Shamil Tarpiščev the pre-match press conference. "Russian law representation considered one of the strongest in the world, there are many quality players. I think that we have this time in the role of underdog, we would, however, provided a surprise. When our tennis players are in good shape, pose a danger to any team. Again, the home team is the favorite, but let's wait for the beginning of the match, and all will be decided on the court," she said on the same occasion Matej Liptak.

"I've never been in the Fed Cup so far, any final is a big challenge. We are in a position that can only surprise., If we did, we heroine," warned Dominika Cibulkova last Wednesday on TB in NTC in Bratislava.

"Fed Cup has its own specifics, like he was a completely different type of rivalry, which are not important to the results of previous individual performances.'ve Always warmly in the team and its captain has the beneficial effect my performance, he made me the best tennis. Understandably, we have a tough duel., but I hope that present our maximum performance and achieve victory," the site noted by STZ soon 30-year-old native of Poprad Daniela Hantuchova.
@ google translate

Tennis Fed: Cibulková predicted that in Moscow face off in the opening singles (2)

Moscow 19 April (TASR) - The Russian duo Anastasia Pavľučenkovová and Slovak Dominika Cibulkova unit embark on Saturdays at 13:00 CET in Moscow against each other in the opening singles semifinal match of the World Cup Tennis Federation. The second single on clay in a sports center Krylatsky measured forces unit of the Russian Maria Kirilenko and two Slovak Daniela Hantuchova. Ruled on Friday that lot on Centre Court at the meeting venue.

Sunday's program opens by 12.00 CET combat units of team Kirilenko and Cibulkova, in the singles final will feature Pavľučenkovová with Hantuchova. Do doubles pre-nominated Russian captain Shamil Tarpiščev Yelena Vesnina with Ekaterina Makarova, Slovak captain Matej Liptak team reported few Rybáriková Magdalene, John Čepelová. Chief Judge will duel Frenchman Fabrice Chouquet, tasks empajrových arbitrators to be embraced Australian John Bloom and Briton Alison Lang. It is played with balls Dunlop Fort Clay Court. In Fed Cup history will be a third game counterclaim both countries were in the two previous successful Russian. In 1999 they won the semi-final at the Olympic Stadium in Moscow and the same 3:2 ratio triumphed in 2001 on clay Slovan Bratislava.

Cibulková predicted that in Moscow on Saturday face off in the opening singles. "When we were sitting in chairs, I told midwives that I will play first. Hopefully it will start winning and I get that first point for Slovakia. Moskovská clay is still different from the one on which we have to Maťom Lipták trained in Bratislava . Initially, skated a bit and took a while until I got used to it, but it's ok. match against Pavľučenkovovej will not be easy. Anastasia is now good form recently won a tournament in Monterrey, which gave her confidence. certainly will not go into it extreme and leave it at that first little stock. In the past we have played doubles together several times. It's a nice girl and good parťáčka," said Slovak unit.

Hantuchova has yet to Kirilenko favorable balance of 5:2. "In Fed Cup mutual balance often does not play such an important role to, in addition to Maria since our last match greatly improved. Playing completely on another level. Satisfies me that I have nothing to lose. Important thing is that I fought for every ball and let him to play too confident. Maria has a clever hand, moves very well, but a lot depends on how the day. most ideal scenario would be if we had after the first day led 2-0, but it will be very difficult," said former world fiver that next Tuesday will celebrate the 30th round birthday. "Victory in Russia would certainly be a nice gift, but you most wish that myself and my family to be healthy." Slovak captain Liptak argues that matches the order is not important. "It is important to get points and it does not matter in what order. Maybe slight advantage that begins Domča. Currently put our faith in it, that could boost our team a win. Respect the power of Russia, which has four quality toys, all are World thirties. Points can be obtained either from aktérok weekend duel, it's open. "
@ google translate

With matrioskas for victory!

A little relaxation before a packed Fed Cup weekend came in handy. Slovak representant came to the banquet before Thursday's semi-final with Russia over Moscow's disastrous traffic jam with a delay of half an hour. But the mood find it goes wrong.

Evening in sympathetic Mandarinobar tearoom adjacent to Red Square was informal. The players of both teams entering the cocktail dress and happily posed for photographers before. For Slovakia took the word Lubomir Palenik, head of the expedition and captain Matej Liptak. He ended the speech challenge to his team: "What are we going?" Toys with combat-realization team screamed: "Winning!"

For the International Tennis Federation spoke to guests Ruxandra Dragomirová, Romanian Roland Garros finalist, member of the ITF Fed Cup Committee. The players and captains exchanged gifts. Our dedicated Russians hand painted scarves with Fed Cup tie motif and men, from tenistiek team captain Shamil Tarpiščeva were typical matrioskas composed of nine parts. Teams refrain longer, both feel good after a hard training needed a bit off. They assumed that watershed subside go by and get to the hotel quickly. Wrong. Moscow streets at midnight and were full and could not escape heavy traffic. Thursday Slovak tennis player spent nearly four hours in vehicles, and over lunch between workouts remain in the hall sports center Krylatsky. Therefore indulge their captain Liptak zverenkám Friday morning a little time off for training were going to the lot.
! @ google translate

Playing the cuts while

Four Slovakia Fed Cup toys come from three generations, but when they are together, not to feel the differences. In Moscow, a cut in the moment they found people guessing game with fairytale characters and a 30-year-old Daniela Hantuchova when it entertains as good as ten years younger than Jana Čepelová.

A simple game earned the implementation team members, and so in the Moscow traffic jams on the bus cutting the time that a mutually stuck to his forehead names of celebrities. The essence of the game is to guess who they are. Daniela on Thursday managed Shrek character brilliantly, but on Friday evening the potrápila with Jolly Joker, which invented the coach Ladislav Simon. But zabojovala. If this militancy transferred to the court, it will be good.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. April 2013 18:24 

Local Time:
FED CUP STALWARTS GEAR UP FOR SFS
This week's Fed Cup semifinals in Moscow and Palermo will see several of the competition's most experienced campaigners in action, including Daniela Hantuchova and Roberta Vinci.
Published April 17, 2013 04:11

While she still has some way to go to catch Arantxa Sánchez-Vicario's record 50 singles rubber victories, Daniela Hantuchova is certainly approaching Fed Cup veteran status.

This weekend's semifinal with Russia in Moscow will mark Hantuchova's 27th tie in the red, white and blue of Slovakia, who she has represented with distinction for well over a decade. A 34-16 win-loss record stands alongside the very best in the competition's 50-year history and has seen the ITF twice bestow its Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Award on the 29-year-old.

The tie with Russia will be particularly special for Hantuchova, who made her debut in Moscow back in 1999. Despite winning her doubles alongside fellow debutante Ludmila Cervanova, Hantuchova's introduction to Fed Cup play was a losing one, as the home side prevailed 3-2.

"I've got beautiful memories from 1999 when it was my first time I played Fed Cup here, it was quite a while ago," Hantuchova said. "I remember how excited I was just to be here and it's the same feeling still now, so many years later. It doesn't matter where we are, we just enjoy being together and having a great time."

Once again, Hantuchova will come up against a strong Russia side, containing Maria Kirilenko, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Elena Vesnina and Ekaterina Makarova, although she remains upbeat that Slovakian spirit can help upset the form guide.

"The Fed Cup week is always very special and I always enjoy being here, so it doesn't matter what kind of results you have throughout the season, because it's a very different competition," she added. "I feel great being here with our captain, who always makes me play my best tennis. I'm sure we will give our best and we'll see what will happen."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. April 2013 00:21 

Local Time:
It's going to be absolutely crucial that Slovakia wins at least one match tomorrow. Russia have home advantage and Kirilenko and Pavlyuchenkova are both in good form this year so it'll be tough. Daniela always gives her all for Slovakia and has a good record against Kirilenko but Kirilenko's playing very well right now and you always wonder what sorts of tricks she'll resort to. Dominika and Pavlyuchenkova have both won a match each when they've played although Pavlyuchenkova won Monterey earlier this month so she'll be confident. It would be great if Dominika could get Slovakia of to a winning start and for Daniela to back it up.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. April 2013 14:22 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 06:11
It's high time Domi stepped up and won a point for SVK.

WOW Domi d Pavyluchenkova 57. 61, 64 incredible!

Hopefully Daniela is inspired by this and can bring it.

This match is a shitfest so far..so many errors from both players..

Better from Daniela, 2 aces so far 4-2 up, wow double break 5-2, Kirilenko hasn't showed up yet, Daniela playing okay..but can definitely see Kirilenko stepping it up.

Wow, incredible backhand 5-2 15-0 to go 30-0 definitely *one to remember when watching highlights, just so sweet.*

6-2 to Daniela, I think Daniela's surprised how easy it is at the moment but it can all change so Daniela must ride this momentum.

2nd Set

Kirilenko holds to love with two aces, uh oh..
0-2 silly dropshot by Daniela, FFS, the fight is on
1-2 Daniela breaks back!
2-2 huge hold from Daniela
2-3 kirilenko playing 10x better
3-3 fantastic hold, saving a few bps
4-3 wonderful return game from daniela, she's two holds away from the win
5-3 holds with an ace!
comon!
5-4 steady hold for Kirilenko
This is it Daniela serving for the match
6-4 to Daniela!!!!

That 2nd set was AMAZING!

A truly awesome performance from Daniela by far the best she's played all year in the 2nd set. If she continues to play like that then she can have a great clay season.

Kirilenko looked distraught afterwards...I think she came into the match thinking it would be easier.. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Last edited by eddy on 20. April 2013 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. April 2013 17:05 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 00:11
Yeah, Pomeee, Domi!
6-2 takes 50 minutes? That's our young lady!
Great job getting the break back! On serve in the 2nd. (Apparently I could watch this like you are, eddy, but I'm truly fearful of jinxing her.)
Turning into a Brioschi (similar to Pepto) special, a Danielathon. She clearly had to fight to hold to 3-3.
Breaks to 4-3! While keeping tabs on the match, I'm also working on a custody order in one of my Family Court cases. The Petitioner's first name in this case is Daniel. Showing where my mind's at, I typed in Daniela!
5-3 with an ace! C'mon, Dani! C'mon, Dani! 5-4, gotta put this away!
OMG, 2 match points!!
YES! YES! Shout It Out Loud!! #495! :beer:
Gotta calm down, this ain't over yet, but boy, does Dani ever get it done for her country. How about 2 Heart Awards in the same year!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 20. April 2013 17:08, edited 2 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. April 2013 17:07 

Local Time:
Well done Dani! :beer:

Always enjoy Kirilenko losing.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. April 2013 17:33 

Local Time:
Would be great if Domi can beat Kirilenko tomorrow so Daniela doesn't have to play again and can go to Marrakech a bit fresher. You certainly get the feeling that Russia are going to throw everything at Slovakia tomorrow.

Daniela showed that she is relevant in today's game so hopefully this win will really get her mojo back because in Charleston she looked so unhappy.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. April 2013 17:40 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 01:11
I'm so happy she won! Go Daniela.

Hope we get some highlights.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. April 2013 18:28 

Local Time:
A great win and performance by Daniela to get a straight sets win against a form player away from home. It's impressive that when Kirilenko upped her level Daniela was able to respond and finish the match in two sets while playing her best tennis for quite a while. She's showing the tennis she's capable of and this will give her a lot of confidence. It will be great if she can maintain this form for the rest of the year.

Dominika also got a good win and it would be great if she could get another tomorrow.

Slovakia are in a really strong position but still need another win.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. April 2013 18:35 

Local Time:
Slovaks stun Russia on day one in Moscow
MATCH REPORT By Russell Fuller

MOSCOW, RUSSIA: Two high class singles victories from Dominika Cibulkova and Daniela Hantuchova has put Slovak Republic just one win away from its first Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Final in eleven years.

The aggression of Cibulkova coupled with the wily matchplay of Hantuchova - not to mention the enthusiastic support provided by their team bench and a boisterous bunch of travelling fans - mean that the Slovaks lead Russia by two rubbers to love after the opening day of this Fed Cup by BNP Paribas semifinal in Moscow.

"It's always such a pleasure to play in front of [the fans]," Hantuchova said, as she struggled to make herself heard above the din. "Even though I am the one on the court, we are playing as a team, and everyone on the bench is playing the match as well. We have an unbelievable captain (Matej Liptak), and it's just a pleasure to be playing."

Hantuchova had just notched up her 30th Fed Cup singles win, three days shy of her 30th birthday, and 14 years on from her debut in the competition. She was conceding 62 places in the world rankings to Maria Kirilenko in Saturday's second singles rubber, but looked far the more streetwise of the two. She threw in the odd moon ball and the occasional drop shot, and took the pace off the ball every now and again on a quick court with clever use of the backhand slice. She won the first set 62 and then, after Kirilenko claimed eight of the first nine points of the second set, extinguished the Russian's hopes by taking the second 64.

The first rubber had seen Dominika Cibulkova come from a set down to beat Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 64 in the decider. The pivotal break came in the seventh game, when Cibulkova's deep approach forced the 21-year-old Russian into a backhand error when a second break point down. The Slovak then showed a steely resolve to recover from 0-30 down in the very next game, before again finding herself in arrears when serving for the match. But at 15-30, she produced a brave and high class drop shot which just brushed the tape, and two points later the match was won.

"Sometimes you need luck, but I was brave, I was going for the drop shot. God was with me and I'm happy," said Cibulkova. "Pavlyuchenkova is a great player - this is a huge win for me and for my country."

Both players had shown plenty of positive intent throughout the first set, but consistency proved elusive and double faults were too prevalent. There were four breaks of serve in the opening eight games - the turning point came when Cibulkova knifed a forehand volley into the net to give Pavlyuchenkova break point in the 11th game. The Russian's forehand proved too good, and she then held her serve, and her nerve, to take the set 75.

Cibulkova needed six break points and a fortuitous net cord to secure the early break in the second set. The evidence of the first had suggested the match was likely to go the distance, and so it proved, as the world No. 15 ran away with the set 61.

The momentum is very much with the visitors. Russia would expect to win Sunday's doubles, but the form of Cibulkova and Hantuchova on the first day suggests that it might be a hollow, and ultimately academic, victory.
+ audio interviews

Hantuchova, Radwanska, Voskoboeva receive Heart Awards

Daniela Hantuchova of Slovak Republic, Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland and Kazakhstan’s Galina Voskoboeva have all been presented with their 2013 Fed Cup Heart Awards at this week’s Fed Cup by BNP Paribas ties.

The four Heart Award recipients from the February Fed Cup ties were decided by a public vote on FedCup.com and FedCup.com/es that saw over 23,000 fans make their selection. Brazil’s Paula Cristina Goncalves was the fourth award winner and will be presented with her award at a later date. All the winners receive a cheque to be donated to their chosen charity.

Hantuchova claimed her second career Heart Award for her performance in the World Group and World Group II first round category, winning both singles rubbers in Slovak Republic’s 3-2 victory over Serbia. She has donated her cheque for $6000 to her own foundation which supports children’s hospitals in her home country.

Hantuchova said: “It means the world to win this award. This is what I play tennis for, to be able to share moments like this, not only with the team, my country, but all my fans. It is the main reason why I play. This is another wonderful opportunity to help other people and donate to my charity.”

ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said: “There were some outstanding performances during the Fed Cup ties in February, so I would like to congratulate all four players for coming out on top of the public vote. The Fed Cup Heart Award continues to reward players for the commitment they make to their team and the competition as a whole. I am sure that all the winners will take great pride in making their donations to charity.”

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. April 2013 19:12 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova beat Kirilenko, Slovaks are a step away from the finals!

Dominika Cibulkova after winning the first point beaming satisfaction. "I am very happy that I managed this difficult match to win, it's a great feeling. Hardest I have recently Geme for the state of 5:4 in the third set when I went administered. Were due to nerves, because it was a lot, but Fortunately I made it and dragged the game into a successful conclusion. At the beginning I was a little nervous, but gradually I got into the right rhythm and I greatly improved returns, what was the key to sales. gonna kick me first gem in the second set, which I at own workshop turned out 15:40.'s where I was caught, I began to walk the ball. Nasťa but played in the third set and again very well until the end, it was dramatic. Today I felt better on the court than in the initial training sessions, when clay was slippery, I was very moved. important moments in my anchor of administration, especially at the end of the match, when I was able to turn on or 0:30. 15:30," said Slovak Representative.

Anastasia Pavľučenkovová after losing hide its disappointment. "It was a tight game in the third set was decided Fr balls. Dominika played with advancing minutes more aggressive and faster, on the other hand I could not get into the right rhythm, missing me better movement. In recent weeks I have played a lot of tournaments on hard and move on Clay was not easy," said Russia.

Daniela Hantuchova felt after winning the second point enormous joy shown by the mighty shout. "I am extremely happy that I won and got to Slovakia, second paragraph. I knew that if I succeed, I must play the maximum concentrated and use the experience that I have for the 14 years to perform in the Federation Cup entered. Result 6:2, 6: 4 against the world's Twelve at first glance looks are clear, but by far this was not an easy match. Mato S Lipták we chose a good tactic, I have consistently fulfilled his instructions," said Hantuchova in the first reaction to RTVS.

Maria Kirilenko was disillusioned after losing. "We thought that Moscow clay we will sit, but indicates that it is better adapted to Slovak players. Now I've done everything that I won, but I could not do it. Daniele is sitting over hard, but this time played excellent match well on clay, leverage its extensive experience in demanding Fed Cup matches. I did too many mistakes, which I facilitate its path to victory," said the Russian.
@ google translate

Cibulkova and Hantuchova won. In Moscow we lead 2-0

Cibulkova: This is a huge victory
"Pavľučenkovová is a great toy and I'm happy that I'm against it managed the turnaround. This is a huge victory for me and our team and country. Initially I was a little nervous, but I have not ceased to encourage and strive for success," said yet Cibulkova on court.

"Somehow I failed to find a rhythm - either I was too navaľovala into balls, or I was too far from it, it was missing the right middle. Moreover, Dominica has done a very solid, especially in the third part. Gradually improved and began her more based administration," said Pavľučenkovová.

Hantuchova: She played with me the whole bench
"We are yet to have zabojovali to advance to the finals. Played with me today if our whole bench, I felt the support from the unreal captain," said Daniela Hantuchova in interview on court.

"We are 2-0 after Saturday and we could not have asked for more, but we must remain vigilant before Sunday, because it is a new day and it is not yet decided," said Daniela.

Kirilenko was disillusioned after losing. "We thought that Moscow clay we will sit, but indicates that it is better adapted to Slovak players. Daniela is sitting over hard, but this time played a great match on clay, leverage its extensive experience in Fed Cup matches," said Russia's .

Liptak: Daniela may in Fed Cup to beat anyone
Sloveniek captain Matej Liptak said: "Like most I rather expected state of 1:1. The greater is my pleasure that we are so close to the finals, while still far away, we need a third point. Dominika match with Pavľučenkovovou had high level. player of our confirmed that he is leading the always aggressive and likes clay. Daniela against Kirilenko showed how exceptional it is for the competition - in the Fed Cup can conquer anyone. "
@ google translate

Fantasy - SR leads 2-0
Slovakia leads over Russia in the Fed Cup semi-final after the first 2-0 days. After Cibulkova, who won the first point of the Slovak Republic, won in Moscow on clay and Daniela Hantuchova. With an overview of Russian troops defeated Maria Kirilenko 6:2, 6:4. In the second semi-final results in Palermo, Italy over the Czech 2-0.

Daniela Hantuchova: "I'm happy that I got a point. Decided my tactics, I let grueling play at all. Well I servovala what was important, I played patiently. On clay I feel good, my preparation was good quality, we Makali in Moscow, I was rozehraného and it helped. I have to thank the captain. He knows my game, I can always prepare, I am glad that I won in straight sets. Of all the coaches, which I did, I Maťo best knows, understands my game, captures it, what is the basis for my game. No one can read my game as he. I am happy that I am in Moscow after 14 years since my Fed Cup premiere that I can play and enjoy every second on the court when I play for Slovakia. I took over the Fed Cup heart, and this is the moment for which one plays. We have a great team. Even though I am on the court, playing all. Tos ú moments to remember. We lead 2-0, but we have to just concentrate on the second day than the first. It will regenerate and prepare for another tough fights."

Matej Liptak, Captain SR: "I'm happy with how the meeting develops. I would, even if it was 1:1 ... Condition 2:0 for us is a big bonus, but we have to be careful, because matches were balanced. Combat winner will be the one who gets three points, which is not easy to obtain. Still need one more point. But we have the advantage that we gain three point chance, it's psychological advantage. Each match in Moscow to be very open. Russia has the entire team with four equivalent quality. Can respond the next day to development, and I expect that will change. But I will not predict. Perhaps taking on new toys would be an advantage for us because it will Serve. If entering those played on Saturday, we read them. We'll see who will ultimately play. For us it is important to prepare for Sunday and bring at least such as performance on Saturday."

Ladislav Simon, coach of the Slovak Republic, the state of Slovakia 2:0: "It is a very positive introduction to the meeting, but the end is not yet. Sometimes it profit a third heaviest point. Should be said, however, that this was the first day of dreamland. Nevertheless, Kirilenko has its quality is in the form of high in the ranking, but Daniel showed that Fed Cup is another competition and experience are sometimes more than ranking."
@ google translate

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next