Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Tier I Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Family Circle Cup, Charleston
PostPosted: 2. April 2013 17:12 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 21:39
Nothing more to say, just deeply disappointed.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2013 17:53 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 04:39
Just an awful display from Daniela. Wouldn't have minded if she played with spirit and heart but she looked so grumpy all match. I won't say anymore. But this was an ideal tournament to boost her ranking and gain confidence and the exact opposite has happened. I'm not even surprised. Erakovic was good but an average Daniela would have won that in straight sets. Sort yourself out..

I've always thought that they'll be one or two tournaments where Daniela does amazing things before she retires but now I'm sure it's going to happen at all..

I hope I'm wrong on this,but the reporter Jon Wertheim was asked about Daniela recently,and wrote that she was suffering from "bald tires",meaning she is simply worn out from so much playing over the years(and Lord knows she didn't hold back from practising/gym work either). My view is we got a clear example of that today.

She looked so happy at the Charleston party as well. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2013 18:05 

Local Time:
If that's the case then she should pick and choose less tournaments to enter. Or not play fed cup to give herself more breaks between tournaments. Or not play doubles...seriously she needs to help herself out!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2013 22:18 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 03:39
This is so disappointing. I missed the match but from the reports Daniela didn't play well and just seemed jaded and irritable and never produced anything like her best tennis. It seems that Erakovic was decent but this was a case of Daniela losing the match.

This is is the sort of match that Daniela really has to win to go up the rankings but she didn't. Her previous 4 losses had been to top 10ers but Erakovic is 62.
Daniela also continues her poor tiebreak record from last year. Who knows how different the match would if she had won the tiebreak.

I just had a look at the match stats and the big difference was second serve. Erakovic won 64% of her second serve points while Daniela only won 41%. Daniela's 1st serve stats were pretty good at 68% in with 66% points won but she only won 58% of her service points while Erakovic was at 67% service points won.

Medina Garrigues has withdrawn from the doubles with a knee injury so Daniela and Anabel are out and replaced by Erakovic & Pegula.

Thanks for doing the livescores, Patti and eddy.

If Tommy Haas can be on the verge of the top 10 at 35 then anything is possible.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2013 23:07 

Local Time:
If you want to watch the whole match chungwit,then visit Tennis Online HD's youtube channel which has the whole thing.

Has Daniela changed coaches again? that wasn't Eduardo advising her today.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2013 23:31 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 23:39
Oh, no, I really don't like it when she changes coaches that fast.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2013 23:59 

Local Time:
On well on reflection it was her first match on clay so we'll just have to see what happens. Maybe her and Eduardo had a falling out..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2013 01:17 

Local Time:
I don't know why Nicolas wasn't there. Hopefully he was just having a week off because I feel he's a good coach. Daniela's changed coaches too often in recent years and it generally hasn't been for the better ie Pistolesi for Liptak. It's going to be hard for Daniela to get an elite coach given her age and ranking and she's had success with Nicolas in the past.

Hopefully this was just an off day and although this was a good opportunity to gain points there will be a lot of other tournaments where Daniela can gain points. She doesn't have anything to defend until Eastbourne and then nothing until Cincinnati, so there are so many tournaments where any sort of run will boost her ranking. As long as Daniela's healthy and motivated, she'll always have the opportunity to do well.

Thanks for that, Benji, although I tend not to be that bothered about watching matches that Daniela doesn't win.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2013 03:30 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 22:39
This was a rough day for me overall, and not helped by this double whammy, counting the doubles withdrawal. Didn't see it, so I'll take your word as to how Dani looked and felt, yet she really didn't seem to just give in. (One thing that is the multi-colored elephant in the room that people deliberately ignore in all women's sports, I would say....was it that time of the month for her....nah, I would never want to stir anything up, so I won't say it :!: ) Mr. Wertham might be right, I fear. Dani could just be bone weary, or as eddy said a couple of weeks ago, in her twilight. Now, she could do a King/Clijsters/Henin/Davenport, call it quits and come back refreshed 6 months later (do I dare bring up that Davenport's first win after coming back from childbirth was at Daniela's expense? Nah, don't accuse me of saying that, either.) I don't see that as being her way of doing things. No matter what, I think we know that her love of the sport remains very high. And, since one of you mentioned how happy she looked at the party, she knows that if she quits, that's about 25 less parties she'll attend each year! I would think that the lifestyle she enjoys will be a factor in how long she decides to keep going. This is what I foresee IMHO (and remember, the H stands for Humble, not Hare-Brained!): Daniela will play this year out, barring injury, as she always has. If it goes well, like bringing Fed Cup back to Slovakia, collecting #500 and/or stunning the world with an out-of-nowhere win like Linz '07 or the first Pattaya one, that would be great. If it's a year like it's been so far, which has to be even more frustrating to Dani than for us, then to me a lot depends on how Daniela-bel develops. With a really good doubles partner like Ai was, Daniela could very well ease her way through several more years playing either no singles or a select few and being part of a winning doubles team. One thing's for certain: However she chooses to move forward, it won't be from any advice I give her! :lol:
Now I know I should just ignore certain things, but the haters really went after Dani on her FB page. You may want to check my response as to what my father would advise these imbeciles to do! I conclude that if ignorance truly is bliss, there's a lot of very happy people running around this world!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2013 15:57 

Local Time:
There were a few other upsets here with Mattek-Sands thrashing Stephens and Pegula beating Barthel and they're both outside the top 100, Erakovic is ranked in the 60s. Shit can happen.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2013 20:00 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 23:39
We know that, but shit has been happening to Daniela for a while. I am hopeful but this kind of results must be very discouraging for her. I really hope she hasn't changed coaches, cause it means she is back to adapting again.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. April 2013 16:24 

Local Time:
I could have taken this a little bit better if Erakovic was vaguely competitive against Stosur but she gets thrashed. Daniela's previous 4 losses had been to top 10ers and Pattaya was due to scheduling and illness but this doesn't have too many mitigating circumstances and it's a setback, but it is her first bad loss for a while.

Whenever Daniela's been down in the past, she's always gotten right back up again. As long as Daniela's healthy and motivated, she should start playing well again and, more importantly, getting good results again.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. April 2013 16:40 

Local Time:
I'll say it again-she looked positively burnt out in Charleston. She basically hasn't stopped since Colombia last December,even when she took a week off she used it to go to Las Vegas and put in some tough training sessions with the Adidas team.

Putting her feet up for a week is the best thing she could do right now.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. April 2013 00:21 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 22:39
You know, with all that went on in Charelston this week (Stosur retiring one round after she probably would have beaten Dani, like we need to go through that again; rain, green clay mudbowls, a double session, Serena winning anyway), outside of the failure to gain somepoints, this wasn't a bad week for Daniela to go down in the first round. Sadly for me, she's left America for awhile, making it not as good a place.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2