Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: BMW Malaysian Open, Kuala Lumpur
PostPosted: 22. February 2013 20:19 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 13:01
Dates: February 25 - March 3, 2013 image
Venue: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tier: International
Prize Money: $235,000
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Keld Kristiansen

Official Website: www.bmwmalaysianopen.com

2012 Performance: First Appearance.

Singles:
Daniela has withdrawn.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: BMW Malaysian Open, Kuala Lumpur
PostPosted: 22. February 2013 20:23 

Local Time:
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 14th February 2013 – The BMW Malaysian Open 2013 today confirmed the participation of Slovakian tennis star, Daniela Hantuchová, and Japan’s top player Ayumi Morita for the fourth (4th) edition of the Malaysian Open. Alongside former world no.1 Caroline Wozniacki and Defending Champion Hsieh Su- Wei, this stunning line-up of players will be joining a host of other female contenders at the Royal Selangor Golf Club from 25th February to 3rd March 2013.

Commenting on the players competing in this year’s tournament, Dr. Gerhard Pils, Chief Executive Officer, BMW Group Malaysia said, “We are pleased to welcome Daniela Hantuchová and Ayumi Morita to the BMW Malaysian Open 2013. With the participation of this selection of top ranking WTA players, we know that this year’s tournament is going to be spectacular, raising the benchmark once again to this prestigious tennis event in the region.”

Joining the strong line-up are Serbia’s young star, Bojana Jovanovski and Thai WTA veteran, Tamarine Tanasugarn, hoping to make their comeback this year. Australian up and coming star, Ashleigh Barty, will also be making an appearance at the BMW Malaysian Open for the first time. This young sixteen-year-old rising tennis star achieved her biggest victory of her career at the Hopman Cup 2013, defeating former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone and is one player to look out for.

“We indeed have a terrific line-up of players from WTA for this year’s BMW Malaysian Open competing at the Royal Selangor Golf Club - A fantastic venue for a fantastic list of ten is stars. We are glad to house the tournament for the first time and know that both players and fans are going to enjoy the facilities and activities RSGC has to offer. It is definitely going to be exciting both on and off the courts,” said En. Mohd Azlan b. Mohammed, Captain, Royal Selangor Golf Club.

In addition S.Theiviya and Yus Syazlin Nabila will represent Malaysia under the wildcard entries alongside 17-year-old Aslina Chuah who was announced earlier this year.

Australia’s Casey Dellacqua, Taiwan’s Chang Kai-chen and Japan’s Misaki Doi have confirmed their entries in the BMW Malaysian Open 2013.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2013 11:40 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 14:01
Daniela's withdrawn :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2013 11:45 

Local Time:
Daniela's withdrawn :(

Any reason given? Can't say I'm disappointed,because I thought she was really overdoing it.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2013 19:19 

Local Time:
There was some bad news as Slovakian beauty Daniela Hantuchova and young talented Serbian, Bojana Jovanovski withdrew injured.

Disappointment for Daniela's No1 Malaysian fan
Thieviya hopes to meet idol Hantuchova
By ALLAN NETTO

IT is not often that you get the chance to rub shoulders with your sports idol. Thus with the inclusion of Daniela Hantuchova in the BMW Malaysian Open from Feb 25 to March 3, Malaysian wildcard entry Thieviya Selvarajoo’s dream may come true.

The 19-year-old has been a fan of the Slovakian since she picked up tennis at the age of eight and couldn’t believe her luck after finding out that her idol will be in town.

“I really can’t believe this. I have always loved her style of play and to know that she will be taking part is certainly amazing.

“I used to watch her on television over the years and this time around, I will get to see her live,”
said Thieviya.

Thieviya has just returned from Kazakhstan where she represented Malaysia in the Federations Cup in which the team finished sixth among 10 teams.

I'm hoping that this withdrawal is just due to Daniela needing a rest as she's played every week this season. It would have been a very good chance for her to go on a run and get some good points but there will be a lot of other tournaments where she can gain points and she has to stay fit throughout the year. Daniela's level is picking up as the last two players to beat her were the Dubai finalists and she's had good wins against Jovanovski, Robson & Suarez Navarro recently.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2013 19:59 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 08:01
I'm hoping that this withdrawal is just due to Daniela needing a rest as she's played every week this season. It would have been a very good chance for her to go on a run and get some good points but there will be a lot of other tournaments where she can gain points and she has to stay fit throughout the year. Daniela's level is picking up as the last two players to beat her were the Dubai finalists and she's had good wins against Jovanovski, Robson & Suarez Navarro recently.

Me, too, and that's what it looks like to me. This might have been a tourney she could have won or gone deep, but while things have been looking up, Dani's form isn't where we or she really wants it yet, so this could have also been a long, hard trip to a 1 pt. gain after a 1st round defeat. It really makes sense. Now Daniela can rest, visit a couple of children's hospitals, and get to Indian Wells at her leisure, spend time with her USA! USA! USA! trainer, and hopefully find the old Indian Wells mojo (not the last 3 years : :cry: ). Welcome back to America, Daniela! You're always welcome here! :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2013 23:22 

Local Time:
Haven't heard any reason why she's withdrawn..hope nothing too serious...

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. February 2013 01:01 

Local Time:
Haven't heard any reason why she's withdrawn..hope nothing too serious...

on the tournament facebook. They said due to injury.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. March 2013 17:02 

Local Time:
Karolina Pliskova's in the final after thrashing Morita in the semi-final. Daniela had two good wins in Dubai qualifying as Pliskova's playing well at the moment and she was one of the top juniors. Suarez Navarro's in the Acapulco final.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments