Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, Dubai
PostPosted: 19. February 2013 15:07 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 21:12
Ironic that Carlos Suarez Narrova who Daniela beat in final Q is lucky loser and gets bye to 2nd round to replace injured azarenka..
what the....?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVÁ * MARIA SHARAPOVA * DOMINIKA CIBULKOVÁ * SERENA WILLIAMS * ANNA KAROLÍNA SCHMIEDLOVÁ * ANA IVANOVIC
ROGER FEDERER * DAVID FERRER * ANDY RODDICK * PAUL-HENRI MATHIEU * LLEYTON HEWITT

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. February 2013 15:09 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 20:12
Ouch, that was a bit of a doing. Daniela actually played fairly well but Kvitova is such a tough match up for her. Kvitova was hitting winners from all over the court and dictating a lot of rallies and if she got an angle of any sort she'd hit a winner off it.

Still, Daniela had a good win against Suarez Navarro in qualifying. Suarez Navarro's reward is to play Petrova in round 2.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. February 2013 15:13 

Local Time:
One positive is no points to defend now until Miami and then we have whole of clay season to try and make up the 40 ranking places deficit, of course we're going to need better draws than this and a deep runs but at least so far this year she's earnt 300 points.

120 Brisbane
5 Australian Open
30 Pattaya
125 Doha
20 Dubai

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. February 2013 15:23 

Local Time:
Daniela'll will take a hit in the rankings from this but at least she got some points from coming through qualifying and she got some points from Doha last week. She doesn't have more than 100 points to defend until Luxembourg and she only has Miami, Eastbourne and Cincinnati to defend until after the US Open so any sort of run will put her up the rankings. I hope this doesn't stall her momentum too much because Daniela had won 6 out of 7 prior to this but Kvitova played very well. She's 38 in the race and would be higher if she hadn't gotten injured in Brisbane or had to retire in Pattaya.

Hopefully, Kuala Lumpur brings some joy and a run in the doubles here would help restore morale.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. February 2013 16:25 

Local Time:
Every bit as brutal as I feared it would be. Petra is the worst match up conceivable for Daniela. :cry:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. February 2013 18:19 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 15:12
Would the WTA please consider offering Kvitova a generous severance package for early retirement? :roll:
We all pretty well knew this was coming. I like your takes on it that Dani didn't play badly. I didn't want my question as to how far she's come and needs to go to be answered quite like this, but it happens. Overall, it still was an encouraging tourney, and the 20 points at least reduce the number she loses this week. Just the mere fact that Daniela was a pro about qualifying, and without even a day off after Doha, and successfuly did qualify makes me feel good about the whole thing.
I was getting ready to go to work when the match started, and made the mistake of checking the live score early on. Dani was up 1-0 and had deuce on Petra's serve after she had DFed, which got me too excited too soon. 20 min. later was my next score check....mmmm....make that reality check. Eventually, I'm driving to work and look at the score on my phone and it's 5-1 Petra set 2. Seconds later, the absolute perfect song come on Sirius XM: She Drives Me Crazy! (Yeah, that can often be applicable to our young lady, but it fit Petra today.)
It's a Daniela Dilemma again with doubles. After last week's near upset I'm interested to see how this pairing continues to develop. But Dani faces a long trip to Kuala Lampur, and I wouldn't want that to be the day before her 1st rounder. Ever since I saw she had entered that tourney, I have felt that it's one in which she could make a deep run, maybe even wi(Ssssssssssshh, don't put that jinx on her!). So it's tough to figure out how I want Daniela/Anabel to do.
Well, they are certainly fixing the dilemma. The opponents have won all 9 games as I type this and are 14/14 1st service points! A bloodbath so far.
Hey, they just won a game :!: Never give in! Now 3-5, and Dani won the game with her 1st ace. As usual, no quit. Now down 3 match points. 0-6, 3-6 in exactly an hour. Get a nice rest, Daniela, and rock it in Malaysia!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 19. February 2013 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. February 2013 19:05 

Local Time:
Fucking hell. 6-0 3-0 down in the doubles.

1-3, Daniela holds serve to 15.
1-4.
Quit banging that fucking drum.
1-5, Medina Garrigues broken to 30.
2-5, Llagostera Vives broken to 40. Daniela & Medina Garrigues were 0-40. Zheng put 3 volleys in the net that game.
3-5, Daniela holds to 15 and wins the game with an ace.
3-6, Zheng serves out to 0.

I only saw the end but the commentator was saying the Zheng/Llagostrea Vives hardly made any errors and got everything back.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. February 2013 23:29 

Local Time:
To be honest, there probably wasn't much left in the tank for the doubles today. Quite rightly so, she's played so much recently. Time for a few days off to shop in Dubai and then off to Kuala Lumpur. Will she even be seeded there?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. February 2013 15:55 

Local Time:
Well done Petra. Took out the Fed-Cup avoiding hypochondriac in straight sets today. :beer:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. February 2013 16:20 

Local Time:
Weirdest fact of the day: (sorry if i haven't got this completely accurate)

If Daniela had lost to Suarez Navarro in final qualifying and signed in as a lucky loser, she would have avoided Kvitova and got a bye to play Bartoli in the 2nd round because Azarenka and Serena withdrew, and this is also the logic if Medina G had not signed in as a lucky loser too s her ranking was higher...

Hindsight is a weird and wonderful thing.. :lol:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. February 2013 18:18 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 15:12
[quote="eddy"]off to Kuala Lumpur. Will she even be seeded there? quote]
When I went on their official site yesterday, outside of Caroline I didn't see any other big names. There's a chance for Daniela to grab a seed.
Based on the results of a myriad of matches that Intel Inside couldn't sort out, much less me, Dani could fall only 4 places to #71 this week. So, barring another injury, the Climb really starts next week. Just don't draw a F%#&in' qualifier!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. February 2013 18:32 

Local Time:
Kvitova has stormed through the draw to the final not dropping a set, at least that's something...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. February 2013 18:58 

Local Time:
Kvitova has stormed through the draw to the final not dropping a set, at least that's something...

Petra in full flow is quite a glorious sight. Too bad Daniela was on her side of the draw-I reckon she could crush Errani on these quick courts.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3