Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Qatar Total Open, Doha
PostPosted: 11. February 2013 12:41 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 11:56
Dates: February 11 - 17, 2013 image
Venue: Doha, Qatar
Tier: Premier
Prize Money: $2,369,000
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Saad Saleh Al Mohann

Official Website: www.qatartennis.org

2012 Performance: First round. Lost to Simona Halep 3-6 6-2 7-6

Singles:
1R: Daniela Hantuchova bt Laura Robson (GBR) 6-4 6-1
2R: Daniela Hantuchova bt [Q] Ekaterina Bychkova 6-3 1-6 6-3
3R: [6] Sara Errani bt Daniela Hantuchova 7-5 5-7 6-2

Doubles:
1R: Daniela Hantuchova/Anabel Medina Garrigues bt Hsieh Su-Wei/Liezel Huber 6-2 6-3
2R: Daniela Hantuchova/Anabel Medina Garrigues bt Caroline Garcia/Christina McHale 6-1 6-2
QF: [1] Sara Errani/Roberta Vinci bt Daniela Hantuchova/Anabel Medina Garrigues 6-3 4-6 13-11

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Qatar Total Open, Doha
PostPosted: 11. February 2013 12:55 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 11:56
It's quite a tough draw for Daniela as Robson's one of the best young players on tour, she's also a lefty with big shots and she raises her game for big occasions. She gave Daniela quite a few problems when they played at Wimbledon in 2009.

There are some pretty average players there so Daniela could have had an easier draw but she could also have had a harder draw. It'll be a good win for Daniela but it doesn't get much easier afterwards as it would then be Kirilenko, Errani and Azarenka if the seedings go to plan.

Daniela's playing doubles with Medina Garrigues again. I can't say that it seemed a good team at the Australian Open or in New Haven but it seems like Medina Garrigues is Daniela's new doubles partner for the time being at least. They start against Huber & Hsieh who are fifth seeds.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2013 20:23 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 12:56
Daniela 3rd on court no.1 tomorrow. There should be a stream. At least she's playng quite late tomorrow. Probably around 6pm local time. A lot will depend how she feels after the flight from Serbia.. She said in an audio interview on fed cup website that she was concerned about the long journey to Doha. Gotta hope that Robson helps Daniela out by being erratic. The points on the whole wont be very long so it'll be who can choose the right ball to strike. The last two years Daniela played counterpunchers/pushers ie halep, which is why she got tired, and dizzy. This time she's got a hard hitter so may not be such w physical match. Gotta pray Daniela can get off to a good start and stay there. I have a feeling once she gets into the tournament she can go really far here. But first round is the most important.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 06:32 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 06:56
So here's Mr. Glass Half Empty actually finding a silver lining. Obviously, Daniela knows way more about rough flights and their after effects than me. However, I see this as a notably different circumstance than the last 2 years. It's a 2 hour time difference between Serbia and Doha, whereas Thailand to Doha/Dubai is 4 hours. Her match tomorrow comes after a week with 2 matches played that lasted a total of 2 1/2 hours, while the last 2 years, she played all 5 possible matches, with last year's final with Kirilenko being a dogfight that lasted longer than this year's Fed Cup matches combined did. Dani comes here on a high from winning for Slovakia, which appears to mean as much or more to her than an individual title, and knowing that her play was excellent and her best form might be within her grasp. And, I think she can sense that, after Liptak figured it out and put her in the lineup (I'm still having trouble swallowing that he actually wrestled with the thought of not using her), the perception among many observers, including her countrypeople who have ripped her in the past, is that while Jana was the heroine, she was the rock of the team. I have seen one story after the other saying "Daniela Hantuchova led Slovakia to the win over Serbia". Deep down, that has to make our gal feel pretty darned good. Added to the good point eddy made about Robson's style being so different to the last 2 years' 1st round opponents, and I would believe that weariness/dizziness should not be what costs her. The problem is how well Robson has played over a significant period of time. But, after what we have seen for months now, I'll take a higher ranked known commodity as Dani's 1st round opponent than one of those friggin' qualifiers! Hoping for the best!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 08:53 

Local Time:
Really interesting post Alex. We'll see what happens..

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 15:50 

Local Time:
Match starts in a few minutes, great to see her playing :)

Robson starts to serve. Daniela has 2 BP's, GP,GP, GP and game for Robson , 0-1

1-1. First 2 serves and 2 Aces for Daniela ^^ holds to 15

2-1. Daniela breaks Robson to 15
2-2. Daniela got broken to 30
2-3. Robson holds with the 3rd GP, too many forehands from Daniela are long...
3-3. Daniela holds to 15, ace#3
4-3. Daniela wasted 4 BP's... Finally with the 5th :)
5-3. Daniela holds to 0, good serve
5-4. Robson holds to 15
6-4. Daniela holds to 0, ace#4 :mrgreen:

0-1. Robson holds to 0
1-1. Daniela holds with the 2nd GP with ace#5
2-1. Daniela breaks to 30
3-1. Daniela holds to 15
4-1. Daniela breaks to 30
5-1. Daniela saves 4 BP's, ace#6, GP, df, GP and daniela holds :)
6-1. GAME SET MATCH!!!! :beer:

She played great tennis :hearts: congrats

Last edited by Patti1989 on 12. February 2013 17:17, edited 5 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 16:46 

Local Time:
I cant watch the match but an encouraging first set. Daniela needs to keep up this momentum and hopefully win in two to save energy.

Wow 64 61 that's hot stuff! That match was crucial to win for confidence, points, momentum, and to win easily is fantastic. I don't think it matters who Daniela plays in the 2nd round, she's got to continue playing like this.

Last edited by eddy on 12. February 2013 17:21, edited 2 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 17:17 

Local Time:
Good win. Looks like she's got her mojo back! :beer:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 17:35 

Local Time:
Really interesting post Alex. We'll see what happens..
Much obliged, eddy. I do learn a lot reading what you guys post here.

Daniela!!!! See what happens when she doesn't open with a F#^%$in' qualifier? :lol: Robson clearly had a rotten time on serve, and Dani just jumped all over it! How nice it is for her to be approaching the form we know she can get to, and again, about freaking time that the opponents have bad days! How about 6 aces, 2 in the 1st service game? And winning in 1:15 made any jet lag issues moot. I made it plain that I worried about Robson, and hoped that the Fed Cup play and euphoria would give Dani a chance, but I never foresaw a butt-whipping like this! Sorry to ever borrow a song lyric form Miley Cyrus, but as for Daniela's ranking, The Climb has officially begun! Keep it going, young lady! ;)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 17:54 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 19:56
I love reading your comments Alex :)

-----

Wow!.. I know Dani has a lot of momentum and mental toughness after the Fed Cup but I never thought the score would be like that!...Good job Dani...Just like you said I also dont care who she face the next round as long as she plays like this....hoping to see a video of this...thanks Dani for the win!

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 17:59 

Local Time:
Kirilenko retired.Dani gets Bychkova next,very winnable.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 18:01 

Local Time:
Bychkova is next for Daniela as Kirilenko retired 0-3 down, not getting my hopes up at all as Bychkova is a good player but to avoid an in form Kirilenko is nice. Getting to round 3 here would num the disappointment of Melbourne a little.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 18:02 

Local Time:
Match will be tomorrow at Court 2 , Not before 5:00 PM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 18:02 

Local Time:
Court 2 FFS so no stream grrrr, double duty tomo on the same court too, I really couldn't care about doubles here.

How many wins is that for Daniela now Alex?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2013 19:31 

Local Time:
Oh my goodness, eddy. How did I forget that? It's 487!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next