Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group 1st Round, Slovak Republic v Serbia
PostPosted: 10. February 2013 17:08 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 20:14
Daniela playing some sweet shots. Break and end this.

ps: Liptak is so good looking.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2013 17:14 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 01:14
Dani :beer:

Don't know where she's been hiding this kind of tennis. Unrecognizable from yesterday.

Slovakia will play Russia in the SF.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2013 17:21 

Local Time:
A 2nd heart award on the cards?! :lol:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2013 17:56 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 19:14
Daniela, for three...Yessssss! Most impressive is that two of these three straight tie clinchers have been on foreign soil. 34-16 now overall. Not bad for someone who's supposedly mentally fragi.....aah, forget that, it's a day to celebrate!
Your reports (I couldn't even follow the match with live scores because it was played while I was attending Sacrement Meeting at my LDS Church) are extremely encouraging, even more so than the stats. I still don't know if it will carry over against Robson because she's been a hot player for quite a while, but for down the road, your descriptions of smoother serve motion, extra quickness et al.....Loving it! :)
Imagine the publicists a week or two before this tie, brainstorming on how to sell it. (Oh yeah, we've got Ana and Domi and maybe Jelena, gotta push them, they'll sell tickets for sure. Hantuchova? Her ranking's down, she's always hurt, the captain might not even play her.) So now, today, think about it. Of those four, can you believe Dani was the last one standing!? :o And the one who played the best? Wonder if Mr. Liptak is chuckling now that he almost chose not to put her out there. She will be the first to say that Cepolova was the real hero here, but without doubt Dani was the best player. And go figure: Her 2 matches combined were nowhere near as long as Cepolova's match!
Please let this be the event that jump-starts her and she can begin the climb out of the murky depths of her present rank. We're all with you, young lady!!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. February 2013 18:37 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 08:14
Belated happy birthday Eddy! ....
---
Congrats Dani and to Slovak team
---
both players have lots of UE but Dani has more wins with great placing
----
she should keep on playing like that..I mean it was so smooth with the play and the movement
----
Keep it up Dani...GL on next tournament!

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2013 18:48 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 18:14
Dani :beer:

Don't know where she's been hiding this kind of tennis. Unrecognizable from yesterday.

Slovakia will play Russia in the SF.

In Russia, unfortunately. The team Russia put out there this weekend, led by Makarova and including Elena Vesnina playing a crucial singles match was fairly unimpressive. Though that may have been a calculated risk given they were playing a weak Japanese team. The Slovaks may see a much stronger team in April; we'll see.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. February 2013 20:09 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 02:14
Wel done Danka ! Hope you can continue in this way,you still had a lot to offer :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2013 01:04 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 00:14
A great win by Slovakia. Massive credit goes to Jana Cepelova who showed so much desire and fighting spirit to get the win against Jovanovski, especially given her relative inexperience at this level.

Daniela followed that up with a really good performance to clinch the tie for Slovakia and put Slovakia through to the semi-final. It's the third straight tie Daniela's won the clinching match and it brings her up to 34 Fed Cup wins and she's getting closer to 500 wins. Hoepfully this gives Daniela momentum for the rest of the season because she's got a tough draw in Doha. Slovakia are in their first semi-final for a decade and away to Russia will be difficult but why not? I'm so happy for Daniela and the Slovakian team for a great win. :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

Tennis Fed: Čepelová after winning a point: "I Odvďačila the master trust for" (2)

Niš 9th February (TASR) - Slovak tennis player winning the first match Wheel of the World Cup Federation of the Nis Serbia 2:1 home. The second important point for the team captain Matej Lipták in Sunday's opening singles look after young John Čepelová that on a hard surface in the hall RuKortHard Čair after heroic performance beat Jovanovski of Serbia fight at 3:17 h after trojsetovej drama 5:7, 7:5 and 11:9. Čepelová great unit replaced the injured Slovak Dominika Cibulkova and credited to the account of one of the most valuable triumphs in previous careers. To Slovak color to be semi permanent seal Daniela Hantuchova, when the team battle dvojok defeat Vesna Doloncovú.

Čepelová began fearlessly against Jovanovski, and the third was in geme Serb administration have three brejkbaly. Osemfinalistka Australian Open, however, held out bringing in another grueling breakaway breakaway and took the lead 3-1. Čepelová nezložila weapons of three cord gemov turned to 4:3 and has the advantage of filing. Jovanovski 4-4, however, compensate for and celebrated the success of the terminal. In the state of 6:5 transformed by hour game when given Cepelova very first planting. At the beginning of the second act, the Slovak after a quick breakaway to take the lead 2-0. Jovanovski due to increased aggression turned to 3-2, but two more gems to prey Cepelova. Young Slovak subsequently had to treat spasms and after returning to the court came to the service. From the state of 4:5 but won three gems in a row and deservedly forced the third set. In it Čepelová already played 2:4, but then plays the three games in a row and went to serve to win the match. But losing your submission and then there was a big drama. Čepelová in their own service times did not choose to end the match, but with a great fighting spirit finally tightened duel to a successful end. Under the state turned 10:9 The third match point.

Čepelová after triumph over Jovanovski beaming satisfaction. "I am very pleased that I was captain Liptak odvďačila for point gain confidence for Slovakia. The fact that the onset, I found out on Saturday night after tactical consulting the captain and coach. Entered into details, I well, I was not nervous. Though I after losing the first game played in the second act 4:5, I believed that I have to turn around, which was very important., I fought for every ball. At the end of the second set, I felt a cramp and I was afraid that I happened to what Dominica on Saturday.'m glad I got out of it. I do not think I would ever give a senior category in the third set, when not playing a tie-break, four times to win. juniors I once won a decisive set 9:7 but it was not as hectic as it is now. I think it was decided that I played boldly, I went for it.'s my first Fed Cup victory in the match, which was something of a not yet decided on a more I appreciate it. Jovanovski was in excellent form the beginning of the season, the Australian Open served super powers, but I managed to beat her at her home, which made me very happy. Hopefully this victory will be for me a good springboard to another during the season. '
@ google translate

Tennis: Hantuchova in Cepelova saw himself as Fed Cup "zelenáčku"

Niš 10th February (TASR) - Slovak Fed Cup rekordérka Daniela Hantuchova while watching the drama trojsetovej Jane Cepelova in Serbian Nis remembered the times when she was in the prestigious team competition itself "zelenáčkou". Kosice tennis offspring identified for talent with a great future.

Hantuchova admitted that it was hard for her to prepare for the singles final against Maria Doloncovej without at least one eye studied evolution Cepelova battle with Bojana Jovanovski. "I tried to keep my distance and not sink into the match, but could not. Locker room I looked at each ball., I did not know whether I should go there or not, because I'm a little superstitious. I am very happy that Jane made ​​it. it really reminded me my first Fed Cup match, which was a little. then I enjoyed the evening before the game as a young child. now experiencing something similar Janka. showed their quality has a great future ahead, "said the former world number Five.

Hantuchova was the 2002 home of the historic triumph strojkyňou Slovakia in the Fed Cup. These beautiful moments by the council ever repeated. "We have a balanced team, we're now up to each other, which is a big positive. Each of us is able to score points and help you to a successful outcome. Crashes and not worth it for just one toy, which is now confirmed in Nis. Practice between the semi-final quartet in Fed Cup is a wonderful feeling.'ll try to get further. semifinal to Russia personally I am looking forward, because it is in Moscow, I played my first big match. "
@ google translate

Tennis Fed: Liptak after advancing to the semifinals: "The girls deserved it" - SUMMARY

Čepelová after triumph over Jovanovski beaming satisfaction. "I am very pleased that I was captain Liptak odvďačila for point gain confidence for Slovakia. The fact that the onset, I found out on Saturday night after tactical consulting the captain and coach. Entered into details, I well, I was not nervous. Though I after losing the first game played in the second act 4:5, I believed that I have to turn around, which was very important., I fought for every ball. At the end of the second set, I felt a cramp and I was afraid that I happened to what Dominica on Saturday.'m glad I got out of it. I do not think I would ever give a senior category in the third set, when not playing a tie-break, four times to win. juniors I once won a decisive set 9:7 but it was not as hectic as it is now. I think it was decided that I played boldly, I went for it.'s my first Fed Cup victory in the match, which was something of a not yet decided on a more I appreciate it. Jovanovski was in excellent form the beginning of the season, the Australian Open served super powers, but I managed to beat her at her home, which made me very happy. Hopefully this victory will be for me a good springboard to another during the season. '

Hantuchova went home perfectly match with Doloncovou when bringing Russian broke twice and built a 5-1 lead. Born in Moscow in the next minutes decreased to 3:5, but Hantuchova in the tenth geme tightened the opening set to a successful end. In the second act after the former world number Five breakaway in the sixth geme grueling jumped to 5:2 and a chance to gain a decisive third point has not let go of hands. Under the state administration at 5:2 turned grueling very first match point and the Slovakian bench geyser of joy welled up. The players with the captain in the middle of the court then demonstrated winning dancing and a chorus cried out, "Who does not jump is Slovak, hop, hop, hop."

Hantuchova admitted after the game that it positively tuned Cepelova victory over Jovanovski. "Janka filed against Serb forces fantastic performance hat down. Has a bright future ahead of her victory gave me a lot of positive emotions, it kicked me right. Since the first ball I felt good on the court, I rozbehávala Doloncovú and I dictated the pace. Should I feeling that I can do with it what I want., I felt a great responsibility to be able to decide on our triumph after singles.'m glad I was able to fight a third point.'s nice to be after long years among the four best teams in the Cup Federation. balanced team we have, we're now up to each other, which is a big positive. Fed Cup matches are completely different than those on the current tournament. When I play for my country, I can always vyhecovať a great performance. Doloncovej I played against one of the best matches in this year. The Fed Cup helps me a lot, that sits on our bench Mato Liptak, it gives me more peace. "

Captain Liptak beaming satisfaction. "I am very happy that we are after many years again in the semifinals of the Federation Cup. This team deserves it. Injury Dominica us rather complicated situation, but on the other hand, strengthened our team spirit. The more we wanted to win.'m Proud of the girls. demonstrated incredible performances today. was perhaps a little test to see if we have to, we in this competition went a little further, the semi-finals or finals. biggest positive for me is that the team is stronger than ever. Even without injured team unit we have been able to win. Janka filed against Jovanovski excellent performance. know her from an early age, I knew that this player is perfect for team competition. fought like hell and showed that he has the level to such matches. In the second set, when caught cramps, I was not all one thing. I was afraid that the scenario may be repeated from Saturday, but luckily it was not too serious. Daniela Hantuchova played great matches in Nis. I do not think that the Fed Cup completed two such great duels behind. played with calm, fully capitalize on its rich experience. semifinal O is still too early to tell. Russian will be very tough nut to crack. Much will depend on how much it has taken up the report. "

On the Serbian side reigned after losing the Slovak sadness. "We knew that without two injured mainstays Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic will have to be very difficult. Bojana Jovanovski with Vesna Doloncovou fought until the last ball, but it was not enough to win. Bojana had back problems, though, and started played two tough matches . debut as Maria in Serbia has confirmed that he has a great perspective. Hantuchova but was now beyond her strength, she played very well. Nisské I want to thank the audience, which cheered us forward. We will do everything we can to keep the world in the elite eight ball, "said Serbian captain Dejan Vranes.
@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova Cepelova predicts bright future
Tags: Daniela Hantuchova

Spoludržiteľka Federation Cup 2002 Daniela Hantuchova in Friday Nis got rolling Sloveniek point at 3-1 in a duel with local Serb in the first quarter- Cycling Federation Cup World Group ...

UIS 10th (AP) - Spoludržiteľka Federation Cup 2002 Daniela Hantuchova in Friday Nis got rolling Sloveniek point at 3-1 in a duel with local Serb in the first quarter- round of the World Group Fed Cup women's team.

Vesna Doloncovú outclassed 6:3, 6:2.

In its 50th anniversary performances in this competition reached 34th victory. April's semi-final will be played in Russia shortly before his 30th birthday.

"The round figure today I heard him., I concentrated on the ball court and that I made it, it was everything else aside," said native Poprad at the press conference, but after subsiding tensions ignored nadčasovejšiemu address the context: "We're going to play in Russia and I well remember that I had just made her debut there in the Fed Cup semi-final year of the 1999th is beautiful after all these years and still be able to play an active part in the process. Hopefully until Naber even better form. Being among the top four teams to the world is a wonderful result. "

Hantuchova excited and incited Sunday's victory of 19-year-old Jana Cepelova over Bojana Jovanovski: "'kicked' me, which showcased Janka. Hats off.'m Glad to cope with this. Proved to be the team we are balanced, we're now up to each other. It does not matter who gets points. Jankin match reminded me that my first Fed Cup, which was a little. since yesterday I was really looking forward to the court and showed it to their high quality. I think he has a bright future ahead. Stick I have her thumb while I was trying to emerge into the details up too, because then I would probably just barely managed to mine. too in the locker room, but I watched every ball and I did not know if I should go into the box. because I am a little superstitious and when I was inside the hall, so now playing. they rather I went back into the background. "

The former tennis player experienced fifth renkingu Hantuchova (currently 58th position) did not Doloncovej chance: "From the first ball, I felt that on the court I can do what I want. Was very important that I immediately succeeded my game. Has been doing to me SUPERKOV keep moving, I had a good selection of shots., I played a very good match. course, I felt a great responsibility to decide on the possibilities of our method, after singles. Certainly it was one of my best performances in recent times. well I am very aware of the to play for the country., I She longed to please the team and the fans, all the people at home. " Hantuchova will next week present a tournament in Doha, Qatar, will start against left-handed Briton Laura Robson.

She stressed that the team competition among its main motivations continue to work hard: "The atmosphere is completely different from the individual tournaments. Example, today I'm still boarded on my game and I was happy for him, which positively amplified my setup. These are those wonderful moments, for which it pays to undergo all the toil and travel. On the weeks when all play for one team, one forgets is exceptional. " @ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2013 02:25 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 19:14
Daniela has posted 4 FB messages and photos in the last 2 hours. I think she might be just a teeny bit excited about this! May I repeat how damned proud I am of her for this. Thank you, ergo14, for the pics. I'll say it again: She can wear the most spectacular gowns, makeup of all sorts, bikinis, or the ESPN Magazine look, but our gal is at her absolutely most beautiful when her face has nothing on it but some sweat and the Priceless Smile after a big win.

Looking forward, Dani has entered the tourney in Kuala Lampur. So far, she's putting together a steady schedule despite the ratings drop. Hopefully it stays that way. Oh, and tomorrow in Doha, 3rd match Center Court, the out-of-this-world recovery of Ana for the entire tennis universe to see! Clodpole. Shenanigans like that just firm up even more my respect for Daniela's love for playing for her country. Might she ever consider dual citizenship? America will take you in a nanosecond, young lady!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2013 02:56 

Local Time:
Nigel Sears coaches Ivanovic so I think he's a big factor in her not playing. Not that I'm complaining.

Kuala Lumpur is a good tournament for Daniela to enter as it'll be a good chance for her to get points and go up the ranking and the conditions should be similar to Pattaya.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. February 2013 17:51 

Local Time:
Fed Cup
about an hour ago
VENUE ANNOUNCEMENTS:
World Group semifinal between Russia and Slovak Fed Cup Team will take place on indoor hard court at the Sports Center Krylatskoye in Moscow.

Russia to match the Slovaks have chosen a hard surface in the hall
Today 16:50 Sport Red, TASR
MOSCOW - World Group semifinal tennis Federation Cup between Russia and Slovak on 20 and 21 April on a hard surface in Moscow under the roof of the sports center KRyLack.

The Russians initially announced that the match will take place at Moscow's Luzhniki. The local arena but in the meantime signed a contract with the hockey club and therefore the Russian side came time to find a new venue. Detractors in the thought of Sochi and Kazan, finally duel but nevertheless held in the Russian capital.

Slovaks in the second weekend of February, after eleven break finally broken the elite Fed Cup quartet, when the first duel round of the World Group in Nis home win over Serbia 3-2. Two points contributed to the triumph of the team captain Matej Lipták Daniela Hantuchova, added a third young Jana Čepelová.

Russian defeated at Moscow's Olympic Stadium Japan 3:2.

Secretary General of the Slovak Tennis Association Igor Hardy Moskal choice than the surface of the semi-final match not surprised.

"Russians evaluate the strength of our team and assume that the harde have more chances against us than on clay. However I think that Dominika Cibulkova, Daniela Hantuchova and Jana Čepelová can also play well on a hard surface, which was also confirmed in Nis. Importantly that all healthy girls. Regarding the Russian nomination, the choice surfaces indicates that calculated with players who fit more hard. certainly will do everything possible to board the Maria Sharapova and Svetlana Kuznetsova. Sharapova Any participation by the huge spectator main draw ," Moskal said.
@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. February 2013 22:11 

Local Time:
Very surprised they haven't gone with clay. Petrova and Kuznetsova would be a very tough proposition on the dirt,not to mention Sharapova posting her best results on the red clay.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. February 2013 00:35 

Local Time:
I reckon Pavlyuchenkova and Sharapova will play..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2013 18:14 

Local Time:
Vote Daniela for the Heart Award

Heart Award vote opens

The ITF today announced a shortlist of ten players to receive the first four Fed Cup Heart Awards of 2013. Awards will be presented in four categories based on performances in the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group and World Group II first round ties, and the three Zone Group I events at the beginning of February.

Julia Goerges (GER), Daniela Hantuchova (SVK), Ayumi Morita (JPN) and Roberta Vinci (ITA) have all been shortlisted for the World Group/World Group II award. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) and Heather Watson (GBR) have been shortlisted for Europe/Africa; Sharon Fichman (CAN) and Paula Cristina Goncalves (BRA) for Americas; and Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB) and Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ) for Asia/Oceania.

The players were shortlisted by the Heart Award judging panel, consisting of ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti and a mixture of former players and members of the international media. A public vote, running on 4-29 March, is being held on FedCup.com and FedCup.com/es to decide the four winners, who will all receive a cheque to be donated to their chosen charity. The winners will be announced during the week of the Fed Cup World Group semifinals and play-off ties on 20-21 April.

ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said: “The Fed Cup Heart Award is entering its fifth year and continues to recognise the outstanding contributions made by players to their country and the competition. Fed Cup is celebrating its 50th birthday in the ITF centenary year, and I would like to acknowledge the efforts of all the players during this time who have helped Fed Cup grow to enjoy the success that it does today.”

The Fed Cup Heart Award is an ITF initiative that was first presented to USA's Melanie Oudin at the 2009 Fed Cup Final. It aims to recognise players who have represented their country with distinction, shown exceptional courage on court and demonstrated outstanding commitment to their team.
A total of five players will be recognised in 2013.
).aspx

To cast your vote, click here:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. March 2013 19:01 

Local Time:
In Moscow on clay

Russian tennis federation requested that the surface of the Fed Cup semifinal Moscow Russia - Slovakia 20th - 21 April The International Tennis Federation approved the change. Instead of initially notified hard surface will be played on clay in the hall.

Slovak tennis federation agreed with this change. This means that even non-reciprocal measure forces opponents to the slowest surface (in Slovakia lost the previous two). Another new feature is the change of balls - in Krylatské sports center, site of the meeting, will not play originally reported by Wilson brand balls, but balls Dunlop Fort Clay Court.
@ google translate

Semi Russia - Slovakia is finally on clay
13.03.2013 14:45:18
Bratislava (AP) - The Russian Tennis Federation (FTR) with positive feedback has asked the International Tennis Federation (ITF) to modify the surface of the substrate RuKortHard the hard clay of Moscow in the context of their struggle against the odds, Slovakian 20th - 21 April in the semifinal of the World Cup 2013 Federation representative teams of women.

Information website brought Slovak Tennis Association (STZ), which accepted the news. Instead Wilson balls will play balls Dunlop Fort Clay Court. Venue remains unchanged, it will Krylatské Sports Center.
@ google translate

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next