Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: PTT Pattaya Open, Pattaya City
PostPosted: 3. February 2013 12:44 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 09:26
It seems plausible that to work on increasing her speed she would employ a high-class sprinter. Her youth is troubling I agree-hope it works out!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. February 2013 15:29 

Local Time:
I guess so Benji..bring on the next tourney..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. February 2013 22:06 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 03:26
I'm no expert on this subject, but this trainer thing shows me that Daniela believes that she's far from over, that she can still do some notable things in this game. I find it heartening.
Full marks to Kiralenko. Since Dani was robbed of the chance to 3peat, I think Maria was a worthy successor. I know she tried some gamemanship on Daniela in last year's final, but both of them fought their hearts out that day. Happily, Dani was stronger mentally in the end, but I thought Maria was a good loser afterward. And I think we understand how it feels to go almost 5 years without a win. CG's, Ms. Kiralenko.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. February 2013 22:47 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 08:26
We'll see how Daniela does with Nesfield. I'll give Nesfield a chance to see how Daniela does working with her. Daniela got injured in Brisbane and she had to retire here, so it's not a great start but we'll see what happens for the rest of the season. It'd be interesting to know when Nesfield first started working with Daniela.

Panichi came from an athletics background and Daniela was successful when he was her fitness trainer while she never seemed fully fit when she worked with Pat Etcheberry and had problems with her back and shoulder. Nesfield's about the same age that Cuadrado was when he coached Daniela.

I'd really have liked Sabine Lisicki to have won today but she didn't.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. February 2013 18:53 

Local Time:
Omg Daniela down to no.75, eek!!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. February 2013 22:56 

Local Time:
Daniela's now the no. 3 in Slovakia behind Dominika & Rybarikova. It pisses me off to see Daniela ranked below Rybarikova.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. February 2013 22:59 

Local Time:
Daniela's now the no. 3 in Slovakia behind Dominika & Rybarikova. It pisses me off to see Daniela ranked below Rybarikova.

Thanks Claudio. Daniela must have the patience of a saint not to have publicly ripped this guy to shreds.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2013 00:10 

Local Time:
As much as Claudio did screw with Daniela's serve, confidence etc...who knows what would have happened had Daniela not gotten injured for the clay season...I don't think we can completely blame it on him...She started off 2012 so well, it really was a stella first few months up until Indian Wells. We just have to pray, hope, wish whatever, that Daniela has a fantastic tournament sooner than later...there needs to be some renaissance..my guess is that Fed Cup ain't gunna help at all though...it's going to be a horrid atmosphere with the ugly distracting Serbian fans (i'm sorry but they are on past experience)...to be honest it's about time Rybarikova stepped up and won a rubber..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2013 00:11 

Local Time:

It pisses me off to see Daniela ranked below Cibulkova! I simply haven't warmed to Dominika, I don't know why there's just something there that I don't like..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2013 05:45 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 03:26
Even though we knew this plummet was coming, it's still so hard, so wrong, so saddening. I would be ticked over about 40 girls that I know Dani's better than being ranked above her, but I can't bring myself to look; it would just be depressing. If it was obvious that she was washed up and the last person to see it, that would be hard enough. But her last 2 singles wins have been against a top 10 player and with a finishing set bagel. A player who was through couldn't do those things. One can only hope, knowing that her motivation is still there, that Daniela now has the right combo of coach and fitness trainer. While I know how some of you loathe Fed Cup, maybe a key win in Serbia will be the spark Dani needs. Reality sucks, but my spring of hope has not yet run dry.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2013 17:56 

Local Time:
I can respect Dominika because she's a good player and she tries hard, Rybarikova's a pathetic, gutless waste of space who'll always bottle it. It says it all that Daniela on one leg was a better prospect to win that tie against Spain than Rybarikova on two legs. Daniela went above and beyond against Serbia in 2010 winning her singles matches with a bad back, Rybarikova had to beat an inexperienced and lower ranked Jovanovski to win the tie but totally blew it so Daniela had to go out and carry Rybarikova in the doubles to clinch the tie when she should have been resting and Daniela's back bothered her throughout 2010. In 2011 in the doubles against Serbia Rybarikova pulls a huge choke job and makes basic error after basic error and and fought so hard she made a rabbit in the headlights look like a lion in comparison. Rybarikova served for the match twice and never got near a MP and she dropped serve to lose the second set and the match. Daniela was the only player not to drop serve in the final set while Rybarikova could barely hit a shot Daniela got so much blame in Slovakia for losing that tie but it was on Rybarikova. Daniela should have smashed Rybarikova up in the locker room instead of her racquet. It's choke jobs like that that meant Daniela played against Spain.
Slovakia would be better with Cepelova playing than Rybarikova as Cepelova's a good young player with potential whereas Rybarikova's shown that she's a loser. And that waste of space is ranked above Daniela... Motherfucker. To be honest I don't know why Rybarikova's even on the team, Husarova would be better for doubles.
If being ranked below Rybarikova doesn't give Daniela the anger and motivation to climb back up the rankings, then I don't know what will.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2013 18:22 

Local Time:
Way too harsh. Magda's a nice girl and was clearly devastated after losing that match. A player goes 0-5 in a Fed Cup year and the press will go gunning for them-just how it goes. I've always viewed that unfortunate doubles tie as a case of Krunic winning it rather than Magda losing it-she just went completely into the zone from out of nowhere.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. February 2013 15:18 

Local Time:
Jankovic has withdrawn from Fed Cup against Slovakia, replaced by Krunic. So I guess Ivanovic and now Jovanovski will be the two singles players.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. February 2013 19:32 

Local Time:
"In Serbia I have nice memories. In 2010 in Belgrade when I pulled succeeded and we longed to return to the World Group. Serb beat us at home in front of their fans, who are very noisy. Now it will be a different game, again very difficult . too without Serb Jelena Jankovic are still a strong team. however we want to win and advance to the semifinals," said Hantuchova.

Five former world last week for the second match dizziness skrečovala Singles round of the WTA tournament in Pattaya Thai Nine Bratčikovovej against Russia and lost the chances of winning hat-trick. "Those health problems are more. important thing is that I was well prepared for the weekend, then come and tennis. Hopefully I'll be up early perfectly match with Serbia in order."

Looking back I may have been a bit OTT on Rybarikova although it was cathartic and true. To be fair she didn't hire Pistolesi or play doubles in Stuttgart. I'll be happy for her to play great in the Fed Cup and prove me wrong.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4