Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: PTT Pattaya Open, Pattaya City
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 19:33 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 13:21
I feel so angry and frustrated by this. God knows what it must be like for Daniela, but for her to loss her title because of the scheduling is scandalous. She plays a match around midday then she has to play another match after midnight against a rested player. She was handicapped so much and given such a big obstacle to overcome. Who the fuck starts a match after midnight?

BTW, does anyone else think that the old live scoreboard was so much better?

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 19:37 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 14:21
Also the temperature drops so much at night in pattaya. Maybe Daniela thought who cares, get home and focus on the bigger tournaments coming up.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 20:26 

Local Time:
I just hope that this isn't a serious injury and that Daniela's able to recover from this quickly.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 22:52 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 08:21
I just hope that this isn't a serious injury and that Daniela's able to recover from this quickly.
As angry and upset as we are, we don't know yet if injury led to the retirement. Please let that not be the case. If so, Daniela ought to consider suing.
If we assume it's not injury related, well, I never, ever, EVER thought I'd see the day that I'd applaud and support Dani for retiring from a match. I might have stormed off earlier than she did. How many fans was she cheating by walking off by that time of the night, 6? I said she should have raised heck about this, but the longer I stew over it, the more it seems likely that she may well have said something but got shot down by powers that be. Regardless of the pleasant memories of the 2 titles, if that's what happened, I would suggest that she boycott this two-bit tourney for the rest of her career. It's not just the lack of respect for a 2-time defender, it's how many fannies she put in the seats the last 2 years, and this is the thanks she gets. I can't ever remember being this angry about anything that's ever happened to Daniela in her career. It does make you wonder if she is just plain cursed.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 23:19 

Local Time:
Guys according to wta website Daniela retired due to dizziness. Clearly due to the schedule. I applaud her for having a go despite being completely exhausted. I think she must have just thought that it isn't worth carrying on in the stupid tournament. Lets pray she can spring back for Dubai and Doha. As u guys know I hate fed cup and in a way I hope she doesn't play..I want her to be fit for once for Dubai and Doha and get some much needed ranking points.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. February 2013 18:33 

Local Time:
Bratchikova beat Morita in three sets so she's in the semi against Lisicki. It's Kirilenko v Cirstea in the other semi. It's worth noting that all the semi-finalists finished their first round match on Tuesday so it just shows the impact the schedule and weather had.

Hantuchova skrečovala in Pattaya for dizziness
Released today at 9:05
Slovak tennis player, while ALL INJURIES their matches in tournaments, but in the Fed Cup should help the national team.

PATTAYA. Daniela Hantuchova and Magdalena Rybarikova Thursday ALL INJURIES their matches at WTA tournament, their participation in the forthcoming meeting of 1 round of the World Group Fed Cup against Serbia (Feb. 9 to 10 in Nis) should not be compromised. Neither is not injured.

Hantuchova gave second match Singles round of the tournament in Pattaya Thai Nine Bratčikovovej against Russia for the state of 2:6 and 0:3 in the second set for dizziness and general weakness. Five former world title was twice advocate. Rybáriková skrečovala second duel Wheel in Paris to an Italian ingenuity Sare Errani 0-4 for the state in the first set of viral disease.
@ google translate.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. February 2013 19:09 

Local Time:

I think this is the general feeling about the scheduling.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. February 2013 19:11 

Local Time:
Well, thank the Good Lord that dizziness/general weakness is all it was. Every time I think about this, it seems more and more ridiculous. Dani would not say this publically, but I wonder if her reason for retiring was dizziness/general weakness/something that rhymes with Chuck This! I really went on a rant about this to Daniela on the FB page...you guys may find it entertaining.
That is so cool, Chungwit! San Francisco is my pick to win the Super Bowl. Now that you know that, figure out exactly how much you want to bet on Baltimore!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. February 2013 19:19 

Local Time:
Talking about Baltimore, I think Daniela would do better if she watched The Wire. She could do with unleashing her inner Marlo upon the organisers and, the hell with it, more than a few players.

More reaction to the scheduling:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. February 2013 19:38 

Local Time:
This!! I love this forum and u guys!!

Here's an interview after her first round match, she already looks drained..and you can tell she's not really wanting to play another match. She also has a new fitness coach..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. February 2013 04:20 

Local Time:
I love this forum and u guys!!

With all the ups and downs we go through rooting for this wonderful woman, eddy, we gotta stick together!

Definitely saw the same weary Daniela that you did in the interview, but no matter what, her class shines through. Good gosh, I hope she plays for years to come!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. February 2013 16:26 

Local Time:
This!! I love this forum and u guys!!

Here's an interview after her first round match, she already looks drained..and you can tell she's not really wanting to play another match. She also has a new fitness coach..

I was wondering who that woman was at the Brisbane tournament. Thanks eddy! And yes,that classic Jim Harbaugh reaction pretty much sums up the tournament(and season) so far. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. February 2013 19:52 

Local Time:
Thanks for the video, eddy. Daniela looks shattered on it and you've got to wonder what she felt like during the match. Hopefully she's fit and healthy for the rest of the year.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. February 2013 21:02 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. February 2013 01:15 

Local Time:
Anyone else think this new fitness coach is completely random...I remain cynical ro say the least, I mean what does this woman know about tennis? Hope im proved wrong..

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next