Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: PTT Pattaya Open, Pattaya City
PostPosted: 29. January 2013 16:13 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 17:47
Here we freakin' go again. Ana's match is suspended by rain in the 3rd set (3-6 7-5 1-2 for Morita). Not official yet, but Daniela's match certainly will be postponed. I can't recall the last time she won after a postponement. Maybe tomorrow will be the charm.
Postponment now official. They say they'll resume tomorrow morning. Hoping that Dani won't have to wait too long.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. January 2013 17:20 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 22:47
It would have been great if Daniela had been able to play her match as she'd have been hanging around all day waiting to play before the rain came. If she gets through she'll play Bratchikova who beat Peer 6-3 6-3.
She's the second match on court 1 after the Lisicki-Panova match. I just hope that this doesn't affect her too much, although it's the same for Puchkova and hopefully Daniela gets a good rest and is ready and prepared for tomorrow.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. January 2013 15:14 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 23:47
No play today. Daniela scheduled on court 1 on Thursday after ivanovic is completed which will be around 11.30am and if daniela defeats pouchkova must play 2nd round against bratchikova in the last night match. Going to be very tough to win both..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. January 2013 16:45 

Local Time:
This really sucks. It would have been great for Daniela to play her match today because having to play two matches tomorrow will be tough, especially as Bratichova will have had a day off so she'll be a lot fresher. Daniela never seems to have much luck with scheduling these days and I don't see why they couldn't extend the tournament for a day as there aren't any tournaments next week with the Fed Cup on.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. January 2013 19:02 

Local Time:
Cheer up, guys, the sun will come out today in Pattaya (or so I hope). It hasn't seemed to bother all the qualifiers who played 2-3 days in a row and then beat a more rested Dani lately. Maybe she needs a challenge like this to spark her. You'd have to think that defending her title again will an added motivator. I'm weary of fretting for 3 days about the chances of our 2-time defender who is seeded losing to someone ranked 50+ spots behind her (that's what we Daniela Maniacs do best). Let's get the show on the road!
I'm not sure that I have now tipped over the edge of Daniela fandom, but I can't help myself...every hour, I'm Googling the Pattaya City up-to-the-minute forecast! (BTW, it's a foggy morning and will be a mostly cloudy, sticky, uncomfortable day, with isolated storms. Nice day to play two, but let's hope she does!)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 04:20 

Local Time:
Holy geez, they're actually playing! Morita up 4-1. 4 straight games, Morita, Please!
Morita wins, 6-3. Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out, #1 seed Ana! Is there actually going to be a Daniela sihting in a few minutes!?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 10:48 

Local Time:
Well done Daniela!! First set 6-1 and then the rain came twice and completely buggered up Danielas rhythm as the 2nd rain came at 3-4 0-30 on Danielas serve, so 2nd set didn't go her way but regrouped excellently. 61 36 60. Not sure if she'll get on today again against Bratchikova..will depend on how aquickly the other matches go..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 15:51 

Local Time:
Nicely done, Daniela! #486!

The match started before 11 PM in New York, and after Dani breezed through the 1st, I was hoping finally for an easy match for her and a chance to rest up for the second match. Shoulda known better. Finally gave up on a resumption at 3:06 AM, fearful that she would came out flat like has happened so many times in recent years after a rain delay. I woke up again 2 hours later, went straight to the Forum, and rejoiced at eddy's post. 3rd set bagel! Wow! What a response after the second set slipped away. That's the Daniela that we know. Wonder if they'll soon shift her second match to Court 3, which is done for its schedule for the day. If so, here's to a Daniela Double Play!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 16:18 

Local Time:
The scheduling has been disgraceful!

Court 3 is completely empty, I don't know what they didn't put Daniela on there around 8pm, that would have given her plenty of rest from her 1st rounder. Now she'll either have to play two matches tomorrow or a ridiculously late one tonight!

It's just gone midnight in Pattaya, surely Daniela's not playing tonight?

Daniela is playing! At half midnight! I have a bad feeling about this one..1-2 already a break down..1-3 FFS 1-4..I watched some videos of Bratchikova, she hits the ball hard, very similar to Safina..she looks a tough cookie too.. :roll: 2-4 still going to be an uphill struggle... 2-6 bastards...and already 0-2 of course

0-3

THE SCHEDULERS ARE A DISGRACE, this is NOT how you treat a two time defending champion! What absolute fucktards

Last edited by eddy on 31. January 2013 19:18, edited 6 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 18:52 

Local Time:
No one can do anything about rain. However, I was wondering if the tournament organizers were Thailand's version of Moe, Larry and Curly. Now i know it. This is one helluva way to treat a two-time defending champion! (Though I have to think that if Daniela had told them screw you, I'm not playing that late, this wouldn't be happening. But that's not her way.) Talk about Midnight Madness! (now she just dropped serve again after being up 40-0. Good Gosh.)
Dani breaks back to 2-4. You know that no matter what, she'll fight to the end. If this doesn't end up a Danielathon and finishes after 3:00 AM there, I'll be shocked.
Hey eddy. How do you like that if Daniela somehow gets through this, she could be out there as soon as 4:00 PM? What a bunch of buffoons! (Just lost 1st set 2-6. Lovely.)

Brachtikova, who I know little about, so I had no idea that she has well over 300 career wins. Oddly, Dani's never played her before. Nice time for a first meeting. Already lost serve to start 2nd. This is sickening. 0-3; the stats are incredibly lopsided, she'd clearly spent. One of the thousands of reasons we love Daniela is how classy she is. But this is one time she should have been irrascible and just flat refused to do this.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 31. January 2013 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 19:16 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 18:47
Daniela is barely winning any points :|

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 19:18 

Local Time:
Daniela is barely winning any points :|

I'm not surprised she's probably been up since 8am! Bratchikova probably rested til mid afternoon! "The same for both players rule does NOT apply here" I'm furious.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 19:18 

Local Time:
This isn't looking too good for Daniela right now. She's a set down and Bratchikova just broke to start the second set. I've got to agree with what eddy & Alex are saying about the scheduling, it's absolutely disgraceful and I've got to believe that a rested Daniela would be far, far more competitive. Bratchikova's had a day off while Daniela played a three setter earlier in the day, so it's not the better player that's winning but the fresher player. I wonder if the organisers are screwing her over because she was a late entry.

Morita beat Ivanovic so maybe that puts Daniela's loss in Sydney into a bit of perspective.

Shit, broken again, a set and 3-0 down. This is going to take something special to comeback from this.

I'm thinking that Daniela should have an injury timeout or a toilet break right now.

Daniela's just retired. Fuck this shit, she's the champion and she losses because of the fucking schedule. Fuck right off.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 19:22 

Local Time:
Shit, broken again, a set and 3-0 down. This is going to take something special to comeback from this.

The fact that this tournament was so important for Daniela's season is just sickening, it ain't gunna happen..

Daniela should have played Paris Indoors.. :oops: :cry: Daniela get the first flight outta there...

OMG Daniela retired from the match.

The tournament should be fined for treating the players this way SHOCKING, I HOPE SHE SPEAKS OUT.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 19:33 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 18:47
Daniela rarely retires. Hope it is from the outrage of having to play at such time.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next