Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Apia International Sydney
PostPosted: 4. January 2013 18:24 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 00:50
Dates: January 6 - 11, 2013 image
Venue: Sydney, Australia
Tier: Premier
Prize Money: $690,000
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Craig Watson

Official Website: www.apiainternational.com.au

2012 Performance: Quarter-final. Lost to Petra Kvitova 6-0 6-4

Singles:
1R: [Q] Ayumi Morita (JPN) bt Daniela Hantuchova 1-6 6-3 6-3

Doubles:
1R: Katarina Srebotnik/Nadia Petrova bt Daniela Hantuchova/Julia Goerges 6-1 6-3

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Apia International Sydney
PostPosted: 4. January 2013 18:40 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 01:50
Another nice draw. The best part is that Daniela definitely won't be playing til at least Monday as qualifying doesn't finish til Sunday as that gives her an extra day for her leg to heal as some main draw matches also start on Sunday like Brisbane did.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2013 18:47 

Local Time:
Singles draw:
MDS.jpg
Daniela's got a qualifier in the first round, second round would be the winner of Li Na and McHale then it's between Safarova, a qualifier, Zheng and Stosur in the quarter-final.

A lot will depend on how fit Daniela is, if she's fit then she can do well, but if she's not then it's going to be tough and it could hamper her for the Australian Open. It's actually a fairly decent draw with a qualifier in the first round, although there are a lot of good players in qualifying, and Daniela's got a good record against Li Na although McHale won their only previous meeting. Daniela has a lot of points to defend at the start of the year and if she can't defend them then her ranking will drop way down so that could factor into her decision to play here. It's so frustrating that whenever Daniela starts to play well she gets injured and it must be absolutely terrible for her that she can never seem to be fit enough to play her best for sustained period before she gets an injury. I just hope that Daniela can get fit and can play her best this year because if she can she can have a great year.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2013 19:15 

Local Time:
One problem is Li Na plays very well in Sydney-won in 2011 beating Clijsters and finalist last year losing to Azarenka.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2013 19:16 

Local Time:
There's a short video of her retiring in doubles on YouTube. Her and srebotnik seem to be giggling and laughing so if it was mega serious then not sure she'd have that reaction. Fingers crossed she can win a round at least here to make it worthwhile.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2013 20:12 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 19:50
One problem is Li Na plays very well in Sydney

That is true, but somehow this matchup favors Dani, at least the last couple of times. The problem might more be getting to the 2nd round.

I write often on Daniela's FB page, and after the injury, I wrote the same thing I wrote here, that trying to play doubles, no matter how noble the reasons, was borderline madness. The video of her laughing with Srebotnik is a bit encouraging, though strange. Maybe it shows that Daniela knew that she shouldn't push it any further. So maybe she'll be OK on Monday. (Tough to type with crossed fingers!) After posing that messsage, I had to go someplace and was in a brooding mood as to why someone so good always luck so bad. I tuned into Sirius XM, and the first song was Chicago's Feeling Stronger Every Day. Not liking the next song, I went to another channel. One guess....Kelly Clarkson, What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stonger. I took that to be a positive sign. We'll see.

Aside for Vika with the toe infection ( :lol: ): When I was a little kid and the Cold War was raging, they taught us to Duck And Cover. I had forgotten how that was done. Thanks for the refresher course, Vika!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. January 2013 04:14 

Local Time:
Oh joy! Oh rapture! She's playing with Jules in the doubles! :heart2:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. January 2013 06:05 

Local Time:
1. If Daniela's playing doubles ,I'm going to make an educated guess that this is not a horrible injury. If so, we are all grateful. At least for now.

Oh joy! Oh rapture! She's playing with Jules in the doubles! :heart2:
2. I will make another educated guess: Benji's on the next plane to Sydney!! ;)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. January 2013 16:55 

Local Time:
Like Alex said, if Daniela's playing doubles then her Brisbane injury probably isn't too serious. She's playing against Srebotnik and Petrova so that will be a tough match, but Goerges is a decent doubles player and she got to the Auckland final with Shvedova. I'd prefer Daniela to play with Srebotnik as Srebotnik's one of the top doubles players and she played well with Daniela in Brisbane but she's teaming up with Petrova this year. We'll see if Daniela & Goerges is just for this tournament, the Australian Open as well or if it's longer term. It could be a good team.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. January 2013 19:10 

Local Time:
Last night I finally finished watching the end of the Errani match. The last 2 games were Daniela as I had not seen her since '11 Eastbourne. With a very disappointing loss staring her in the face, Dani just took charge! The package ended with match statistics. One made my eyes bug out. Net approaches 20-26. 26 trips to the net is normally her total for a month, and we all have long since known she has to do it more. That makes Mr. Glass Half-Empty feel a lot better about this being a potentially teriffic season for our gal if nagging or bad injury can be avoided.

One thing's for sure. Dani won't get KOed this year by Kvitova. Call it Dominika Demolition.

Being Italian myself, Sara's actions at the end, in my view, were Rookie League level compared to the temper tanthrums of people I know. (By the way, the imbeciles who slurrred the AC Milan players, and full marks to them for walking off the field, should be disqualified from the human race.)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2013 11:53 

Local Time:
I'm sure I read somewhere that Goerges is playing doubles with Stosur at the Australian Open...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2013 15:51 

Local Time:
Daniela's got Ayumi Morita of Japan in the first round. She's 4-0 against Morita so you've got to favour Daniela to get through. I'd have prefered Daniela to have been on a bigger court than court 5 as sometimes she can have a letdown on the smaller, outside courts but as long as she plays well and keeps her focus she should win easily enough.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2013 16:01 

Local Time:
SCHEDULE
MONDAY, JANUARY 07, 2013

COURT 5 Starting At: 11:00 am
WTA
R. KOPS-JONES / A. SPEARS (USA / USA) v [2] A. HLAVACKOVA / L. HRADECKA (CZE / CZE)

WTA
AYUMI MORITA (JPN) V DANIELA HANTUCHOVA (SVK)

ATP
[WC] James DUCKWORTH / Chris GUCCIONE (AUS / AUS) v Jeremy CHARDY / Lukasz KUBOT (FRA / POL)

WTA
J. GOERGES / D. HANTUCHOVA (GER / SVK) V N. PETROVA / K. SREBOTNIK (RUS / SLO)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. January 2013 03:22 

Local Time:
Here we go then Daniela vs Morita:

I noticed Morita has stormed through the qualifying rounds all in straight sets, her wins against Hradecka and Erakovic are impressive.

Daniela serving first, holds to 15, 1-0
3 bps for Daniela, now 2bps, Daniela breaks, good start, 2-0
40-15 to deuce, important game here..after several deuces 3-0
Morita holds to deuce 3-1
Daniela holds to deuce 4-1
3 bps for Daniela, yes Daniela breaks to love 5-1

Daniela wins first set 6-1 on her 4th non-consecutive gp with her 2nd ace.

Lots of close games on Daniela's serve but she's winning the important battles at the moment. Daniela didn't face a break point so that's good going.

2nd set:

Morita serving first in this set..

Morita holds to 30, 0-1
Daniela holds to love, 1-1
Morita holds to 15, 1-2
Morita breaks to 30, crap, 1-3
Daniela breaks to 30, well done now hold, 2-3
Daniela holds after a few deuces, common Daniela, 3-3
Morita holds to 30, this is getting edgy.., 3-4
Morita breaks to 30, 6th double fault now for Daniela..,3-5, let's hope Morita chokes this service game..
Morita holds after several deuces to take the 2nd set..3-6
Daniela did not win a single point on 2nd serves this set

Let's hope Daniela can regroup and cope with the heat better..how has this turned into a slog fest..? Daniela cruised through the first set..

3rd set:

Daniela serving..holds to 30..1-0
Morita holds to 15, 1-1
I can't see Daniela winning this..I have an awful feeling..break point Morita..ffs Morita breaks to 30 1-2, why have I stayed up for this shit :shock:
Daniela breaks to 15, NOW PLEASE EFFING HOLD 2-2
Daniela holds to 30, 3-2 comon get this game!
Morita holds to 15 :( 3-3 massive game coming up
Morita breaks after about 6 deuces and plenty of gamepoints for Daniela, this does not bode well for the Open..
Morita holds to 30

Daniela serving to stay in the match, how has this happened..

MORITA defeats DANIELA 1-6 6-3 6-3 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well really wasn't worth following livescore with that..really pissed off. That was a good draw too. One thing I really didn't want this year was 1st round losses..already one.

Last edited by eddy on 7. January 2013 05:21, edited 12 times in total.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. January 2013 04:39 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 18:50
Hopefully Daniela is not suffering effects of last weeks injury. After the first set I thought (hoped) this would be fast. She still has doubles to play today also.

She lost! sad day in Daniela Land. Could be a tough year to be a Daniela fan.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next