Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: French Open, Roland Garros
PostPosted: 27. May 2015 14:15 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:28
Doubles is on. Daniela & Sam have won the first set 6-2. Daniela & Sam lead 2-1 in the second on serve.

2-2, Pironkova/Kalashnikova hold.
3-2, Daniela & Sam save 2 Bps to hold.
3-3. Pironkova/Kalashnikova holdt to 30.
4-3, Daniela & Sam hold to 15.
5-3, Daniela & Sam break to 0.
5-4, broken to 30.
5-5
6-5, hold to 0.
7-5, Daniela & sam break to 0. :wav: :wav:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. May 2015 15:16 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:28
As always, I like to wait a day after a tough loss. Daniela's win with Sam was a good one. I'll take any victory she can achieve these days. And she had a lot of winners yesterday. But now another injury surfaces. I always give Dani credit for not using an injury as an excuse and not going public with them until weeks /months later. We can hope for better things on grass. Birmingham 2 years ago came completely out of nowhere. However, I have to say this. If we go back and look at the comments she has made that Chungwit so helpfully posts in the last 3 months (post-Pattaya post-Barthel in Dubai the next day), maybe it's just me, but there are all sorts of hints and between the lines stuff that lead me to believe that it may not be much longer until Chungwit is posting a retirement announcement.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. May 2015 15:58 

Local Time:
I think Daniela will try to play until the Olympics next year, Alex, as the Olympics has always been so important to Daniela and she'll do everything she can to play there next year. I don't know how much longer she'll play after 2016.

One thing is that Daniela was saying up until about a year or two ago that her aim was to get back into the top 10, now she's talking about playing for fun and she was saying that she didn't have any expectations for Nottingham so it does say a bit about what she realistically feels she's capable of.

Look at all the great players that were retired at Daniela's age, but she's still playing and she won a tournament only three months ago.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. May 2015 17:07 

Local Time:
You're always good at reassuring me, Chungwit. And even if she does retire soon, there's probably even more players that retired and came back than retired before the age of 32 and remained retired! As I have said before, Daniela could keep her hand in tennis with a combo of doubles, the Asian league and WTT. This present losing streak is so frustrating that it distorts perspective.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. May 2015 19:49 

Local Time:
Daniela & Sam play Babos & Mladenovic next. They're the no. 3 seeds so that will be a tough match but at least Daniela's won a match here and if she wins this then the draw really opens up.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2015 16:49 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:28
Bencic getting a bagel in R2... Daniela :oops:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2015 17:08 

Local Time:
Keys gave Bencic a bit of a doing, Bencic obviously had nothing left because she had to use everything and then some to beat Daniela.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2015 16:50 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is last on Court 2 after two women's and a men's singles, play starts at 11 am.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2015 17:12 

Local Time:
Sam just lost to Sharapova. It wasn't a beatdown (3 & 4), and there were reports earlier in the tourney about how sharp her game is. Now both Daniela and Sam have nothing else to think about or tire them out. Sam also brings a dimension that none of Daniela's 52,936 other doubles partners this year did, a strong power game. Against my better judgment, I'm getting excited and hopeful for their chances in Paris and maybe long term. Tomorrow will tell a tale.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2015 17:24 

Local Time:
A great win in doubles as Daniela & Sam beat the third seeds in straight sets. Easily Daniela's best doubles win for years and she's got a great chance of going on a run here. She played well and so did Stosur. It shows the difference a really good doubles partner makes.

Babos is a very loud woman.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2015 17:31 

Local Time:
Oh, YEAH!! :beer:
You said it, Chungwit. It's Daniela's best doubles win since Aga, maybe even Ai. Correct me if I'm wrong, since I could only do live scores, but it appeared that Dani had two very big service holds (5-5 in the first, 4-2 in the second). Best feeling after one of our gal's matches since February. Why stop now?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2015 17:47 

Local Time:
I was watching on a live stream from 2-2 in the first set until the start of the second when I had some problems with my connection and the stream was down and I couldn't get anything until 5-2. Daniela & Sam were a break down at the start of the second 1-2 but then they won 4 games in a row to get to 5-2. Mladenovic & Babos saved a MP to hold for 5-3, then Sam was 40-15 up before being pegged back to deuce before winning the last two points.

This is Daniela's best win in years because this is the first time she's beaten a top team since she was with Radwanska. A lot of the time she's never had a consistent partner and promising partnerships have spluttered out. If Daniela & Sam stay together then they can be one of the top teams because they had a straight sets win against the third seeds who had the support of the crowd.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2015 18:26 

Local Time:
It looks like Daniela's changed racquets from Prince to Head. She used an unbranded racquet in Rome although she still used a Prince bag but now her racquet has the Head logo on the strings and she's using a head bag.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 30. May 2015 19:56 

Local Time:
They just showed a stat during the Serena Vika match. Most wins at grand slams when dropping the first set. Daniela is tied with Sharapova with 20 wins behind Venus, Francesca, and Serena. Interesting stat.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2015 22:08 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:28
So stoked over the win today! I saw the match and Daniela was good. Not so much on return but she was really motivated I love team Samiela!! Haha!!

You could tell from her delight this win meant so much to Daniela even though it is doubles. But I think her tennis is on the right track and like she said she has struggled with confidence on important points which really made the difference in the Bencic match.

Hopefully Samiela can win the next round but Strycoca and Krajicek will be just as tough and Sam and Daniela will both need to be playing well at the same time.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next