Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : ATP Tour

Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: ATP Tennis Season 2008
PostPosted: 6. September 2008 19:23 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 01:12
Still no rain and one semi final is complete. Federer is through after beating Djokovic 6-2 in the 4th, currently Murray is 2 sets to love up against the world number one after claiming the second set on a tie break 7-5 but in the opening game of the 3rd set Murray has been broken, Nadal breaking with his first break point chance of the match

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2008 20:58 

Local Time:
Federer is through just before the rain delay, defeating Djokovic 6-3 5-7 7-5 6-2.
The match between Murray and Nadal is delayed by the rain, mainly because it started 1h 30mins after the Federer - Djokovic match.
I wouldn't be surprised if the women's final is delayed until tomorrow, but I'm sure they will try to finish the men's semi-final before the day is over.

Edit - both matches have been cancelled. Huge scheduling problem for the organisers now because in theory Murray or Nadal could end up playing 8 sets of tennis tomorrow. I would think they'll have to move the men's final to Monday, which will certainly suit Roger Federer.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2008 21:06 

Local Time:
I cant remember where I read it but I did read that the organizers do have a contingency plan for this weather and that was that the mens final would get played on Monday, they said that they are prepared to host an extra days play

Scott

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2008 21:08 

Local Time:
Yes, the order of play for Sunday suggests that the men's final will now be played on Monday.

media master
PostPosted: 6. September 2008 22:13 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 02:12
Yes, the order of play for Sunday suggests that the men's final will now be played on Monday.

yep that's already confirmed
good , cause mondaynights are mostly boring on tv lol

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 6. September 2008 22:25 

Local Time:
this means that i won't be able to watch it completely, caue i have to go to bed early on monday in order to be fit on tuesday for school :evil:
stupid weather!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2008 23:55 

Local Time:
The semi-final is the best that Federer's played for a while, especially in the first set which was vintage Federer and once he got the break in the third he went on to win easily enough. That smash lob from Federer really was something else.

I wonder what effect the aggro with Roddick had on Djokovic but Federer was just too good.

A lot of players have hit through Nadal on hardcourts this year and that's what Murray's largely done. Murray was the much better player in the first two sets but if the net cord at 5-4 Nadal in the tiebreak had gone Nadal's way then it could easily have been a set all which would have been more than Nadal deserved on the balance of play. It's going to be interesting to see what effect the rain and postponement has on the match because Nadal was starting to play better and had the break in the third and also how it affects Murray who is in his first slam semi-final.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 7. September 2008 23:03 

Local Time:
omg, what a SF between Nadal and Murray. I could hardly breath in the last set. The level of tennis was so high. Every point was a great fight from each player, both of them delivering difficult shots. Amazing.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. September 2008 23:13 

Local Time:
Ive just posted something similar in the Murray thread to what you just said Christina, the level of tennis was amazing with some amazing rallies, especially the point at deuce in the decisive 11th game of the 4th set. The level of tennis over the two days was just superb and I really hope that both Murray and Federer can bring their A games to the final tomorrow because if they do, it will be a classic!

Scott

Profile WWW

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 7. September 2008 23:19 

Local Time:
omg, what a SF between Nadal and Murray. I could hardly breath in the last set. The level of tennis was so high. Every point was a great fight from each player, both of them delivering difficult shots. Amazing.
this says it all.
simply incredible

i haven't seen that nadal taking breath after ralleys like today, murray really made nadal become tired and weak. Congrats to his first Grand Slam final.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. September 2008 23:47 

Local Time:

Like everyone's said, it was a great match with exceptional shots from both players. Murray deserved to win as his level of play over the two days was so good and he showed a lot of resilience to bounce back from the setbacks he had at the start of the fourth set and eventually wear down Nadal with his shotmaking and retrieving.

Federer's trying to be the first man to win the US five straight times since Bill Tilden in the 1920s and Murray's trying to be the first British man to win a slam since Fred Perry in 1936. Whatever happens, it'll have been a long time since it happened.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 8. September 2008 14:17 

Local Time:
Like it has already been said - just incredible match between the two guys. Especially the third and fourth set were amazing.

Nadal tried everything, but Murray was incredible.

All in all everybody could see that both Rafa and also Nole were really tired during the whole tournament. No wonder after playing so many matches during the last weeks. Good decision of Andy to skip the Olympics.

Hopefully he can also play his best tennis against Roger. Then I think also Roger won't have a chance in the final.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. September 2008 15:32 

Local Time:
All in all everybody could see that both Rafa and also Nole were really tired during the whole tournament. No wonder after playing so many matches during the last weeks. Good decision of Andy to skip the Olympics.

He didn't actually skip it - Andy lost in the opening round. Which makes this run even better in my oppinion; he came off a first round loss in one of the biggest events of the year and produced this past fortnight's quality play.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 8. September 2008 17:02 

Local Time:

He didn't actually skip it - Andy lost in the opening round. Which makes this run even better in my oppinion; he came off a first round loss in one of the biggest events of the year and produced this past fortnight's quality play.

Oh you are right. My fault. :oops:

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. September 2008 17:30 

Local Time:
Good decision of Andy to skip the Olympics.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : ATP Tour

Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next