Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : WTA Tour

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: WTA Tour 2012 Season
PostPosted: 1. January 2012 19:20 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:24
Starts in Brisbane and Auckland.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: WTA Tour 2012 Season
PostPosted: 24. February 2012 19:00 

Local Time:
Megafeud: Aga v Vika

WORLD number six Agnieszka Radwanska has accused Victoria Azarenka, the world's leading female player, of harming the image of women’s tennis.

The 22-year-old Pole said she was "angry" and had lost respect for the superbly in-form Belarussian, alleging that Azarenka's behaviour in Doha last week had not been good for the game.

Radwanska appeared to be referring to Azarenka's hobbling and wincing between rallies during parts of their semi-final match, whilst still moving well enough during the rallies to secure a solid, straight sets win.

It follows Radwanska's criticisms of grunting in the women's game last month after losing to Azarenka in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open.

Radwanska's latest comments came when she was asked in a press conference after a quarter-final win at the Dubai Open here whether she had been annoyed at the end of last week's loss in Doha.

"Well, to be honest, I don't think this is worth a comment. But I think after this match....just lost a lot of respect. That's it,” she said.

"If you do this in the match, if anyone didn't see the match, I think it's just a quick look on YouTube and you'll know what was going on."

The questioner responded by saying that he had not been seeking for Radwanska to criticise another player, but she continued anyway.

"Yeah, I was angry because I don't think this is the great image for the women's tennis, what was going on there," she added. "So, yeah, unfortunately."

YouTube clips show Radwanska offering a peremptory handshake to Azarenka with no eye contact at the end of the match, and include a TV commentator saying that Azarenka's behaviour had affected her opponent's focus.

However Azarenka’s contention that her ankle had been painful was lent weight by her decision on Wednesday to withdraw from the Dubai Open to allow more time for it to heal.

Radwanska's critical remarks in Australia came after a three-set loss to Azarenka, whose hooting and shrieking while striking the ball has been attracting criticism for some time.

Though Radwanska suggested she had got used to this, she nevertheless used post-match interviews after her loss to Azarenka to criticise Maria Sharapova's shriek. She described this as "pretty annoying" and "just too loud".

"Of course everybody can make some noise. This is tennis,"
Radwanska said.

"But I think it's just too loud. I don't think it's very necessary to scream that loud. So if they (the WTA) want to do something, why not?"

During some of Azarenka's matches in Melbourne, spectators mimicked her noise and Channel 7 produced a "Whoo! meter" to measure it.

Although Radwanska is at career-high ranking, she is more than 2000 points behind Sharapova, who is number two in the world, and more than 3700 behind Azarenka at number one.

However Radwanska can climb one place to number five, above US Open champion Sam Stosur, if she wins the Dubai Open title this week. She plays Jelena Jankovic, the former world number one from Serbia, in the semi-finals.

I'm on Team Aga.

This has Haye-Chisora potential. Vika's got the size and power but Aga's more mobile and has more savvy.

I'm just interested, if everyone in the WTA had a fight who would win?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. March 2012 01:42 

Local Time:
Alisa Kleybanova's Special Message

Hi to all my friends and fans!

It has been a long time since my last message... and now I really want to get back in touch with you and share all the great things and emotions I have!

I finished my treatments in December and a couple of weeks ago I did my last tests in Italy. The treatments were successful, my doctors are happy with my health and I'm feeling great!

I would like to thank the Hospital Gemelli in Rome (Prof. Giuseppe Leone, Dott. Stefan Hohaus and their Team), and the Hospital Silvestrini in Perugia (Prof. Brunangelo Falini, Dott. Flavio Falcinelli and their Team). From the bottom of my heart I want to thank my coach Iulian Vespan, my boyfriend Giacomo, my family and my close friends that were next to me all this time. I will never forget it...

I have started to train and right now I'm in Florida playing tennis again!!! It was physically really hard in the beginning, but it was so emotional that I didn't want to get off the court :) This is just amazing, I'm working out every day now and enjoying it so much more than before!

More than anything, I've missed the competition. For me tennis is not just going on the court and hitting the ball - it's testing yourself, seeing how good you are, trying new things, trying to improve, trying to win... For me the best part of tennis is the competition and I'm really looking forward to my comeback!

By the way, I just got confirmed my main draw wildcard into the Miami tournament, so I will see you guys really soon!!!

I don't think I have ever been more excited :)))

Alisa

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. March 2012 00:58 

Local Time:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 14. March 2012 07:59 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:24
yeah, don't like that video. Caro is beginning to annoy me and I hate it.

I like this one better (top8: facts about each other)

Maria is so..."ignorant" when it comes to things about everybody else. And I love the fan favourite answers.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. March 2012 01:29 

Local Time:
What a fucking bitch Victoria Azarenka is turning out to be, a total coco shunter.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 15. March 2012 20:02 

Local Time:
What a fucking bitch Victoria Azarenka is turning out to be, a total coco shunter.

bitch? why.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. March 2012 20:06 

Local Time:
She took Daniela's doubles partner to the woodshed! :lol:

Unreal performance by Vika BTW.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. March 2012 04:15 

Local Time:

bitch? why.

I felt that Azarenka's conduct at the end of the match between her and Radwanska was just a bit spiteful and contemptuous. I know there was a lot of animosity between them but Azarenka, in my opinion, went out of her way to rub it in to Agnieszka. It showed a lack of class. The thing is that Azarenka played absolutely amazing tennis and should have been content to let that do the talking, but she wasn't. I feel Azarenka's celebrations have been getting a bit obnoxious for a while, with the sticking out of the tongue and pointing. Andrea Petkovic does her dances but that's her having fun and enjoying herself and wanting fans to share her fun, with Azarenka it comes across as being deliberately provocative and disrespectful. I feel her post match celebrations are motivated mostly by spite. I can't imagine Federer or Nadal ever acting like Azarenka. These guys have a ferocious will to win but they respect for their opponent and they don't go out of their way to show their opponent up or to rub it in. They recognise that they are custodians of tennis and that they have a responsibility to their sport.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 18. March 2012 21:25 

Local Time:
I think Vika was a bit pissed at Aga after the Doha comment (Aga saying Vika was a bad role model for women's tennis). In the press interview after the QF Vika said something about she hoped her tennis was a good example of women's tennis. I am pretty sure it was a comeback to Aga. Also Vika and Aga used to be pretty good friends, so it must "hurt" to be backstabbed like that. A true friend, IMO, would have asked Vika and confronted her instead of going to the media and bitch. But I think that was the only reaction Vika had. The dancing she's done for while. And I don't think she does it to be cocky. I think it is an inside joke between her and her camp. If you look at her twitter pics, you'll see lots of dorky pictures.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2012 22:23 

Local Time:
Azarenka 23-0 amazing...

Daniela 16-6 not too shabby either (although tournament wise it's 14-6 if you take away the 2 Fed Cup wins)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. March 2012 00:55 

Local Time:
Azarenka's playing awesome tennis at the moment, the loud woman's turned the volume up to 12. I get the impression she really enjoys the aggro and likes to provoke a reaction and she uses criticism and antagonism as motivation. She seems to have adopted the attitude that "I'm Vika Azarenka and I'll do what I like." Who knows what's gone on privately between Azarenka and Radwanska.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 19. March 2012 18:13 

Local Time:
Azarenka 23-0 amazing...

Daniela 16-6 not too shabby either (although tournament wise it's 14-6 if you take away the 2 Fed Cup wins)

Fed Cup counts! 16-6 is more than acceptable IMO. It's a winning percentage of 72,727272727. I doubt she can keep it up, esp. with clay season just around the corner, but we can always hope. Hopefully she'll schedule wisely. I want more titles

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. March 2012 19:21 

Local Time:
Daniela's skipping Charleston, so she's pacing herself through the season, especially with the Olympics in the summer. The Olympics are so important to Daniela, plus the scheduling means there's only a week off between Wimbledon and Stanford so she doesn't have as much time to rest and train that she's had in previous seasons. After Wimbledon Daniela only has Carlsbad and Cincinnati to defend points at, so if she can stay healthy she can do well in the second half of the year.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2012 00:15 

Local Time:
Kim Clijsters skipping French Open

Associated Press Updated: April 17, 2012

BRUSSELS -- Kim Clijsters will skip the French Open and clay-court season to focus on adapting to grass ahead of the London Olympics and Wimbledon.

The Belgian's recovery has been going more slowly than expected, after she tore a hip muscle last month during the Sony Ericsson Open in Florida. She will resume training in about three weeks.

Clijsters said Tuesday that "my current physical condition does not allow me to be ready for Roland Garros."

In her farewell season, Clijsters has focused on the Olympics. She will open her grass-court season at the Rosmalen tournament in the Netherlands starting June 17, one week before Wimbledon.

Tennis at the London Olympics starts July 28.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

Jelena Jankovic has hired Zeljko Krajan as her new coach.

Shazza got a haircut

Edit: Apparently it's a wig, allegedly

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : WTA Tour

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next