HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : WTA Tour

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: WTA Tour Season 2009
PostPosted: 29. May 2009 12:20 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 08:06
Larcher de Brito got booed off Court Philippe Chatrier by the French crowd today due to her consistent screaming during points whilst playing her third round match against Frenchwoman Aravane Rezai. Already talk of the controversy she will cause at Wimbledon.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 29. May 2009 20:24 

Local Time:
Larcher de Brito got booed off Court Philippe Chatrier by the French crowd today due to her consistent screaming during points whilst playing her third round match against Frenchwoman Aravane Rezai. Already talk of the controversy she will cause at Wimbledon.
muhaha, I really liked it how annoyed Rezai got. That was a hot and tensed first set, great entertainment, not only in terms of tennis :lol:
I don't think it is that bad, Sharapova sounds much more horrible, and nobody complains anymore.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. June 2009 06:14 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 07:06
Rezai behaviour was ridiculous , I've never seen a player saying the judges that the opponent is screaming too loud .
I wonder if there's a rule saying something like "If a player yells to loud lose the point" .
It was a great tournament from Michelle and she's going to be a top-10 in 2010 , I bet.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 1. June 2009 08:59 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 09:06
maybe I am slow, or maybe I've never really cared, but the French crowd is horrible.
I was watching the match between Vika and Ana, and they booed soooo much. Vika can behave rather immature, yes, but she didn't in this match. At one time she stopped play because she believe a shot was out and the crowd booed. They also booed her when the match was over. :dunno:

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. June 2009 09:41 

Local Time:
Did you see the match with Carla suarez-Navarro? :shock: Vika really let herself down with her behaviour in that match.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 1. June 2009 13:02 

Local Time:
yup, saw it. She was a bit too bitchy in that one and deserved to be booed at certain times. Totally agree. Though I don't agree on booing after the match, booe her negative behaviour but not after she has won. But in the match vs Ana she was a different Vika. She was just smiling instead of arguing with the umpire. Not once did she argue or smash a racket or something like that. She talked to herself whenever she made an UE, but does that deserve booing? I think the crowd when overboard during that match.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. June 2009 14:15 

Local Time:
Unfortunately,once the French crowd gets the taste of blood,they will ceaselessly attack a player,regardless of their actions on the day. I mean,what has Rafa done to deserve such a callous reaction?

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. June 2009 15:20 

Local Time:
In order of that discussion about the french crowd, it was great to watch Marat Safin in his match against Ouanna.

Safin was as usually. After bad points he was talking to himself and gesticulating. The crowd started booing and whistling nearly every single time. But Safin didn't care too much about that was starting to incite the "fans" to make more noise and more "atmosphere" by gesticulating to them.

It was just great to watch. But the french crowd has always been like that. :roll:

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. June 2009 18:44 

Local Time:
Sorana :heart2:

Totally stole my heart with that performance. And what a lovely post-match reaction. :bounce: It was just great to watch. But the french crowd has always been like that.The French crowd have always loved Safin. In his first RG(where he beat Agassi and Kuerten),he was booed unmercifully against Pioline,and yet when he left the arena,he was given a standing ovation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. June 2009 22:42 

Local Time:
I saw the end of the Cirstea-Jankovic match and Cirstea deserved it as she was playing to win and was positive while Jankovic was basically playing not to lose. Not the best result from a Daniela-centric perspective though.

Monfils beating Roddick brought a lot of joy to the Lenglen crowd.

Uncle Toni does his bit for Franco-Spanish relations:
In an interview with the Spanish radio station Cadena Ser, Toni Nadal said there was some truth to the phrase: "There is only one set of supporters that is worse than the French and that is the Parisians."

"They say it themselves and it's true, the Parisian crowd is pretty stupid. I think the French don't like it when a Spaniard wins," he added. "Wanting someone to lose is a slightly conceited way of amusing yourself. They show the stupidity of people who think themselves superior."

Nadal said after his loss to Soderling it appeared the crowd had been supporting the Swede rather than him at one point, which he called sad.

"This tournament is so important, such a beautiful tournament for me. Well, that's the way it is," he said. "But I wish when I'm back they can support me a bit more in key moments."

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2009 11:41 

Local Time:
Sharapova has got a seeding for The Championships. She will enter as the number 24 seed. As a result, Alona Bondarenko misses out on a seeding.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 17. June 2009 15:09 

Local Time:
Sharapova has got a seeding for The Championships. She will enter as the number 24 seed. As a result, Alona Bondarenko misses out on a seeding.

no fucking way. I would had bet my life that they couldn't do that. Further, Sharapova hasn't really played well there recently.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2009 15:21 

Local Time:
Wimbledon's an IMG tournament and Shazza's one of IMG's most valuable clients. Being seeded 24 also means she would miss a really top player in the third round. There were quite a few mens seeds moved around but Shazza was the only woman not seeded by ranking.

Eddy was right about Shazza getting a seeding.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2009 16:27 

Local Time:
The AELTC sometimes base the seedings on grass results from the past two years (I think), and Sharapova has typically had good results, for example at Birmingham in 2007. She's played at Wimbledon six times and has a 4R, W, SF, SF, 4R and 2R results history, so she probably deserves to be seeded. The fact the shes a former champion helps aswell.
This 'shifting' of the seeds is more common in the men's draw. This year, for example, Verdasco has taken Simon's 7th seeding, probably because the Spaniard had a good run at Nottingham last year (reaching the final), whereas Simon has never really had great results on grass.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 17. June 2009 18:03 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 18:06
This moving around of the seeds is just stupid. I don't see the logic for it, at all.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : WTA Tour

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next